Found Safe RI - Kimberly, 4, & Kelly Yates, 10 mos, Warwick, 26 Aug 1985

got an email back and they were tested against remains and they were not a match i guess the website is working to get them listed as not a match but have yet to do so

Take a look at this (It is set to private, but you can see her picture)
http://www.facebook.com/s.php?q=Kim...90668777&sid=7752bd656f8d8a8d73cf2b7e494a8ad3
I came across this on the Charley Project http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/y/yates_kimberly.html and had been looking for these two girls, off and on for sometime. I had been looking on myspace, because that's so popular for that age, but couldn't find anything except a missing myspace with several people on the profile... Anywhooo, I read where Elaine's (the Mom/abductor) maiden name is Pigeon, so I started searching for that name as a last name, seems that this Kimberly Pigeon, favors the age-progressed photo on the above, so I scoped out her friends, she has a friend on there by the name of Kelly Olson, now living in Florida. I'm thinking that the girls were on Facebook because previously, you couldn't have a profile there unless you were enrolled in school (well, you could if you fibbed about it) but now that it's a public social site, anyone can join.
It also appears that this Kimberly, has quite a few friends in Canada, so I've suspected that this is where they went "underground".
I do believe that the girls should know that their Father didn't just abandon or forget about them. I am not willing to contact these girls via Facebook, because there is no telling what they have been told. So, I will contact the NCMEC, after I see you all's response. I guess I want reassurance from you all before I go getting some innocent people involved.
So,now, I'll be waiting.....

Maybe the mother had a very good reason for going underground with her children. If everything was peachy keen you would have thought that she would have liked help from the father....

he remarried years later and had another daughter but as far as i know she is alive and well,

the only people to have gone missing with the children was the non custodial mother, the maternal grandmother knew where they were but would not tell a sole not even a judge, it was presumed she went underground with the help of someone.

i am not 100% sure these could be them the non custodial mother was in her early 40s in the 80s she was born in 1947 making the adult 2 young to be her they estimated her age no more than 30 years of age

i sent in the tip but the thing is they were last seen in warwick ri in august of 85 and these remains were found in november of 85 and they were believed to be dead a few year prior its a huge long shot but i send the tip in anyways

new to websluths and going thru the cases I really get interested and find myself online way into the nite. I wonder if this father was abusive to the children ?I think a mother has to be desperate to sucessfully go underground with her children and the grandmother refusing to even tell a judge makes me wonder---

I think I may have found something in this case. Can someone PM me that can dig a bit deeper or send in a tip?

Bumping...were they ruled out for NH?

Bumping...this case still haunts this State... Every police station you go into has these children's faces up on the wall. They'd be in their 30's now, I think. If Faye Yager helped mom and the kids go underground, they could be anywhere.

New Hampshire was ruled out because the poster mistook the aged photo of the daughter for a present age when abducted.

ETA: many of the websites, including the one created by the father, are gone now.

All three were found living under assumed identities in the Houston area, after officials received an anonymous tip. The sisters were said to be in good health.

Kelly was 10 months old at the time she went missing. Her sister was 3. Kelly is now 32; Kimberly is 35.

Their father, who had been granted custody, was “relieved” to learn they had been located.

The sisters will decide whether they want to be reunited with him.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/kimberly-kelly-yates-rhode-island-sisters-taken-in-1985-found-alive/

What a miracle! These girls have certainly been brainwashed by their mother to be in their thirties and never reached out to the father.

Of course, after all these years of loyalty to mom, if one reached out to dad, it would be difficult to lie about where mom is knowing mom would be arrested.

Adopted children usually start wanting to find their birth parents around 18-21. I would have thought one of the girls would have been inquisitive. It will be interesting to hear the rest of the story.

Just learning of this story, so I don't know any details. Just two things I would like to know:

1) Any evidence yet that the young women knew they were living under assumed identities? Possibly they truly believed they were who they appeared to be.
2) Has MSM released actual photos of the two sisters? I would love to se their resemblance to the age progressed photos used.

He said it's up to them to decided if they want to contact him this gives me hope for others who are still missing by family abductions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shyanne
Back