GUILTY SD - Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg, involved in fatal car hit and run, Sioux Falls, Sept 2020 *plea *Impeached*

Interesting reading. What is missing is the time prior to the accident. What was Ravnsborg drinking, doing, who was he with, what do they say?!
I read in one of the articles posted here (I'll never find it again) that people at the same business function say he wasn't drinking alcohol that night. But who knows if they were even paying attention to what he was drinking if you're all at a big gathering.

Gov. Noem calls for SD House to release Ravnsborg investigative file to public - KNBN NewsCenter1

“I have seen the entire investigative file, and the public deserves to see it so that they can learn the truth of what happened” Governor Noem said in her statement, “The House has the sole constitutional power of impeachment, and they have the responsibility to see this process through in a timely manner.”

Hmm, she doesn't want anything from this mess to stick on her. Smart plan.

South Dakota attorney general impeachment committee targeted by calls

State lawmakers tasked with investigating Jason Ravnsborg say they're being pressured through a series of targeted telemarketing calls to toss the South Dakota Attorney General from office.

The guy is clearly a danger to others when he is on the road. Even after he killed this poor man and was pleading to the charges, he had another ticket for speeding. No lesson learned. Just straight up hubris. People of the state should be up in arms. Anyone of them could be next with this menace on the road. You can't be the top law enforcement person and commit crimes-- repeatedly and without modifying your behavior and expect to stay in office (IMO).

I have no doubt that if any of these lawmakers had a loved one who was mowed down and killed in such a horrific way that they would be pushing for charges that were respectful to their loved one. It seems like a no brainer to me. I am not sure how it can take so long and be so confusing to these people.

Calls urging Ravnsborg's ouster signal tampering with impeachment

Interesting... after reading the headline and the story, I don't think the headline is accurate:

"The governor's actually involved in this so that's why it's more specific," a feminine voice can be heard saying in the background of a 2-minute and 44-second voicemail, while call center workers are heard discussing Ravnsborg, impeachment and South Dakota in the background.

The call was part of a series of recordings released Friday by the House Select Committee on Investigation that committee chairman and House Speaker Spencer Gosch, R-Glenham, said were inadvertently left on the voicemails of various committee members earlier in the week – and are believed to have come from inside the Ohio-based call center conducting the calls."​

Spokesman for Anti-Ravnsborg Telemarketer Has Notable Connections to Koch Brothers, Dark Money, and National Republicans

C.A.H. connects the dots:

"[T]hat an Ohio political operator with national connections shows up at an Ohio call center and speaks to the press to assure us that no political committee was involved in making some significantly political calls to South Dakotans signals that some important right-wing Republican is connected to this telemarketing."

Shady. Connected to Josh Mandel, also shady. Why would they be looking to interfere in South Dakota politics? Someone had to have hired him for this.

Republican AG Told ‘at Least the Guy Was a Democrat’ After He Killed a Man With His Car

From the article:
“Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg ran down and killed a pedestrian on Sept. 12, 2020. This week, South Dakota Department of Public Safety Secretary Craig Price said Ravnsborg received a text message from an unnamed political consultant less than two days after the crash that commented on the political party of Joe Boever, the 55-year-old man that Ravnsborg, a first-term Republican, had killed.

“Well, at least the guy was a Democrat,” the message read.

Price’s letter was packed with startling revelations about Ravnsborg, including noting he had a history of speeding and often used his status as the state’s top law enforcement official to avoid repercussions. It said he had been stopped eight times without receiving a ticket, and on five occasions, Ravnsborg identified himself as the Attorney General either verbally or by displaying a badge. Before he took office, he had at least eight traffic tickets, six of them for speeding.

He used the same technique after striking and killing Boever on U.S. Highway 14 just west of Highmore in September 2020. When he called 911, the first thing Ravnsborg did was identify himself as the Attorney General.

“Ally? This, well, Ally, I’m the Attorney General,” he said. “And I am, I don’t know. I hit something.”

At this point in the ongoing farce that is the SD “justice system” handing this case, nothing surprises me.

Price’s letter was packed with startling revelations about Ravnsborg, including noting he had a history of speeding and often used his status as the state’s top law enforcement official to avoid repercussions.

Thank you, Craig Price.

If you haven't read Price's two-page letter, it is worth reading at the website provided by realanastasia.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sally43
Back