Found Deceased Shana Alison DiMambro Last Seen 7/19/22- 7 AM in Her Home,100 block Mitchell Street, Spring Branch

I thought I heard her husband say she wasn't by herself when she left. Did I hear wrong? He said that in the video posted in post#23 this thread. He said that at the 40 second mark in the video. He said he's not convinced she left by herself. ?????? Could this be something like Assunta “Susy” Tomassi's case. Missing since March 16, 2018. 73 yrs old early onset dementia. FBI enhanced video footage in 2019 and saw Suzy getting into a white truck. Perhaps with Shana could it be that she had an unknown medical condition such as Dementia and trusted everyone because she thought they were her friend (in media coverage that's what they said happened to Susy.)

Last edited:
Thank you for letting us know. Is he organizing searches? Shana's Mom mentioned Texas EquuSearch was looking for her, but I haven't found anything mentioned online yet.
Yes. He appears to be extremely worried and involved in arranging searches, answering questions on various social media accounts, etc. Hes posted his personal cell number in multiple places begging anyone to text him with any info. Areas around their RV Park are being searched by locals, video reviewed, etc. It’s all very sad and traumatic. Of course, we all know it could end up being something tragic close to home despite all of this, but for now, it appears not.

Glad to hear TES is involved, per this video.

Also per video, “car, cell phone, wallet and dog remain behind”. Husband left for work Tuesday morning, and when he returned home for lunch, she was gone.

Husband says there was “some darkness the night before with her past” and she struggles with depression, but is not convinced she took off on her own.

Also noting, a “nearby gas station” is mentioned as a place he searched.

There’s a Valero that’s a 2 min drive or 12-13 min walk from their address. There’s also several small businesses just before you get to the gas station: a little gift shop type place, oil change place, dance studio, and a restaurant. It’s a quaint little area.

Husband says there was “some darkness the night before with her past” and she struggles with depression, but is not convinced she took off on her own.

Some darkness with her past? What exactly does he mean? Because for me it sounds like a very poetic way to say they had an argument about her past, I might be wrong though.

Some darkness with her past? What exactly does he mean? Because for me it sounds like a very poetic way to say they had an argument about her past, I might be wrong though.

Or perhaps he was consoling her as she experienced some flashbacks/memories of a bad past experience. IMO

I have a couple of family members that suffered very traumatic events and those demons can creep up anytime... luckily they have wonderful, supportive partners.

Again all jmo

Were Shana and her husband living in an RV?
Yes, it is a long term RV Park near the end of a short road that connects to the highway. If she went for a walk she would have been on a quiet rural road or if she made it to the highway she would likely have been seen (not quite a walkable highway). The park is surrounded by ranches, but the area is busy.

A neighbor mentioned checking those ranches and possibly seeking permission to walk them, but have heard nothing of any locally organized searches.

I took it to mean that something from her past was haunting (bothering) her. Perhaps something she regrets or something bad that happened to her at some point. PTSD perhaps.

Thank you, Knox, for posting this for us.

Here's a transcript that I have prepared (such as it is).

KENS 5 News Anchor: "New at 10, a woman vanishes from her RV home in Spring Branch (TX), just north of San Antonio. Take a look. The Comal County Sheriff's Office says 45-year-old Shana DiMambro is missing. Her husband [Chris Antos] says it's been five long days and he desperately wants her home. Sarah Duran [KENS 5 reporter] shares his plea for his wife's return."

Chris Antos [Husband]: "I love you."

Reporter [Sarah Duran]: "Chris Antos wants his wife, Shana DiMambro, to know he's looking for her."

Chris Antos: "Please come home. We want you back."

Reporter: "He won't stop searching 'til she's found. He hopes she's physically and mentally okay."

Chris Antos: "I mean, there was some darkness the night before with her and the past."

Reporter: [0:37 of video] "Antos says she struggles with depression, but isn't convinced she took off on her own." [BBM]

Reporter: "Antos said he left for work last Tuesday [19 July 2022] morning, and when he returned home for lunch his wife was gone. But he noticed DiMambro's car, cell phone, wallet and dog, remained behind. His search expanded into the neighborhood and the nearby gas station." [BBM]

Chris Antos: "Didn't see anything. Came back here and I was like, 'O.K. things aren't right. I got to call the cops.'"

Reporter: "The Comal County Sheriff's Office is searching for her, along with search and rescue non-profits, Texas EquuSearch and Project Absentis, and the couple's families."
[Note: Project Absentis is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization made up of retired and former FBI Agents, other law enforcement, public safety, and intelligence professionals who seek to assist families of missing persons in locating their loved ones.]

Chris Antos: "I don't know what I would have done without them."

Reporter: "Holding out hope for DiMambro's return, the family plans to host public searches soon."

Chris Antos: "We're not stopping, the fight is still there, and we're not going to stop until we know something about where Shana is, or until she's home."

Reporter: "Anyone with information about DiMambro's disappearance is encouraged to call the Sheriff's office at: 830-620-3400. In Spring Branch [TX], Sarah Duran, KENS 5 [San Antonio, TX]."

Last edited:
She left her cigarettes at home per this article. Not feeling she is gone voluntarily.
Good catch, @momrids6. I'm beginning to lean your way.

"However, he noticed DiMambro's things were left behind like her car, cell phone, wallet, cigarettes and dog. Antos said he began searching the RV park's laundry room, and after, a nearby gas station."

"Antos recalls the conversation he had with his wife the night before her disappearance. He said his wife vocalized 'some darkness with her and her past' and mentioned her struggles with depression."

"'Depression is powerful but she had a lot to live for and a lot to believe in,' said Antos."

She left her cigarettes at home per this article. Not feeling she is gone voluntarily.

I don't mean any disrespect towards CA Shana's husband. But let's face it, he's going to have to be vetted/cleared by LE <modsnip>. We've seen too many cases start out this way and end predictably with homicide. I am NOT saying this is what happened in this case, just giving the circumstances a side-eye.

I guess my biggest two questions are: we have a clothing description, who last saw Shana? <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back