Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my experiece w/AMW if they agree to do a case they send you 'packet' to be filled out, you send it back w/pictures, video, cover page with story including and all facts, it's pretty extensive. We just assisted a local family w/process. I think it is up to whomever is providing the info to AMW..not sure if that is LE or family or what in this case. AMW can only go on the info they are provided. They should however, IMO, double check everything before reporting, it's sad that IIUC there were many mistakes w/their story?
My mistake then! Wow! It appears that the "packet" person was totally incompetent! (If it came from family in this case, I would be surprised.)

Christine, this isn't the only case they are reporting the facts wrong. There are many of them where it appears they make up things as they go along. If they are going to proclaim to be the "mouthpiece" for LE...they need to go directly to the source to confirm what they are reporting is correct. I have gotten to where I won't rely on them for accuracy anymore and rarely go to their site because of it. It is sad because I used to think they were on the ball and a great program. Now, I believe they have gone so far downhill that they need a make-over!!

My mistake then! Wow! It appears that the "packet" person was totally incompetent! (If it came from family in this case, I would be surprised.)

Christine, this isn't the only case they are reporting the facts wrong. There are many of them where it appears they make up things as they go along. If they are going to proclaim to be the "mouthpiece" for LE...they need to go directly to the source to confirm what they are reporting is correct.
Yes, they have been off on many occasions, such as with Chester Stiles and his age, to Cesar Laurean's case details (just to mention a couple)

This is why I like to refer back to the first videos that were made of the OSBI conferences held at the County Courthouse, days after the murders. It seems, after reviewing them again, that on Wednesday when the conference was held, they hadn't gotten the report of the POI. Then on the conference report they held on Thursday, that information had been called in and the sketch had been drawn.
This leads me to believe that the person who called in the POI made it up. It says he was cleared tho! wow. I guess probably by a polygraph test? Maybe. And is this not the reason polygraphs are usually not used in court? I'm not a professional sluether, so I could be wrong on that, correct me if I am, but it seems I have heard that a cold blooded killer with no conscience at all could easily pass a polygraph. Hmmmmmmmm food for thought. Did GP know the POI? Was it just made up? Who called him in? These are questions I am hoping some day we get the answers to. But for reasons I speak of on Topix, I have my doubts this will ever be solved.
Remember, I have lived here for over 50 years, so I have some pretty serious mindsets.
Sorry, but that makes no sense. They cannot get a sketch done from a phone call. It takes far more than one day to get a sketch done from more than one witness. It takes even longer to get such a detailed sketch completed. It is a process which takes time. No one made up the POI, imo. (I don't read at TOPIX for many reasons which I won't go into.)

Sorry, but that makes no sense. They cannot get a sketch done from a phone call. It takes far more than one day to get a sketch done from more than one witness. It takes even longer to get such a detailed sketch completed. It is a process which takes time. No one made up the POI, imo. (I don't read at TOPIX for many reasons which I won't go into.)
Dont care if it makes any sense or not. go back t the videos and look. They can be found at kocotv.com.... or I have a link to one, and you can see a menu below that shows all that were done by KOCO that week. And who said they got a sketch from a phone call? I dont recall saying that. May ought to re-read.

And who said they got a sketch from a phone call? I dont recall saying that. May ought to re-read.

Originally Posted by frogjustfrog
Then on the conference report they held on Thursday, that information had been called in and the sketch had been drawn.
This leads me to believe that the person who called in the POI made it up.

This is why I like to refer back to the first videos that were made of the OSBI conferences held at the County Courthouse, days after the murders. It seems, after reviewing them again, that on Wednesday when the conference was held, they hadn't gotten the report of the POI. Then on the conference report they held on Thursday, that information had been called in and the sketch had been drawn.
This leads me to believe that the person who called in the POI made it up.
It says he was cleared tho! wow. I guess probably by a polygraph test? Maybe. And is this not the reason polygraphs are usually not used in court? I'm not a professional sluether, so I could be wrong on that, correct me if I am, but it seems I have heard that a cold blooded killer with no conscience at all could easily pass a polygraph. Hmmmmmmmm food for thought. Did GP know the POI? Was it just made up? Who called him in? These are questions I am hoping some day we get the answers to. But for reasons I speak of on Topix, I have my doubts this will ever be solved.
Remember, I have lived here for over 50 years, so I have some pretty serious mindsets.
:confused: This must be why I got confused as you did say it.

I don't want you to be offended or to leave. I just wanted to clarify my post is all. I don't think anyone made up the POI and I honestly do not believe that the OSBI are so foolish that they would have allowed it to happen. They have a credibility issue if it turns out the POI was a pure fabrication and they were taken publically!

Sigh, I give up on you. Guess you have to have the time for editing to be in here. Sorry, I am working, and I havent the time to double check everything to be sure you understood. I'm outta here. This is ridiculous!
I guess you didn't read the rest of my post either. :( I am sorry if I misunderstood you.

Christine, this isn't the only case they are reporting the facts wrong. There are many of them where it appears they make up things as they go along. If they are going to proclaim to be the "mouthpiece" for LE...they need to go directly to the source to confirm what they are reporting is correct. I have gotten to where I won't rely on them for accuracy anymore and rarely go to their site because of it. It is sad because I used to think they were on the ball and a great program. Now, I believe they have gone so far downhill that they need a make-over!!

I agree with you. They should get their facts straight, it's SO important w/these cases!

We definately do like and appreciate locals posting on a case here, love it in fact.

But to post what others are saying from another Forum, well, we can all go read elsewhere and read it for ourselves.

I understand you grew up in the area but no longer live there, but your input is appreciated.
I dont recall posting anything from that forum. I may have said I heard something there. Dont we share links, information, etc, in order to find something that could solve this hideous crime? Come on!
Lets let it rest.
No, I no longer live there, but I have 2 children, several grandchildren, and a brother who does. I know alot of people because my family was well known and well respected citizens, not to mention Christians who lived their lives for God 24/7. I know all the who's who there, but I know few locals now. Still, I stay abreast of what is being said down there. And believe me, they arent saying much now. People seem to have given up hope.

Man I go off on another sleuthing adventure checking out myspace thugs & I miss stuff.... Frog don't go anywhere. We need everybody. This wholr case is confusing. I think have repeated myself in different post lol early alzhimers.. anyway as our friend said we are whacking through the weeds !!

I just deleted 12+ posts...stop argueing! If you have a problem w/post or poster hit the alert button and let the mods deal with it. The posters that keep responding you are going to get TO'd too!

I am sending out warnings to a few of you. Knock it off!

Thabnk you, Toms. I accept your apology. Now please accept mine for SO being upset.

Regarding the POI not being named until Wednesday or Thursday. The LE stated that there was a reason, the safety of at least one witness, who supposedly had been out of town and her/his absence could have identified them, that the sketch wasn't available until Thursday of that week after the murders.

Edit: It helps (me at least) to remember that LE seems to be fairly convinced, for reasons they have not shared publicly, that this was a crime committed by a local and they just need that one confession/fact/report to break the case open. Whether we agree with them is why we are here posting.

This case has gotten to all of us. You can't have a case with two innocent little girls mowed down like they were and not have the feelings be intense no matter where you are from. Like you, I am from OK and it cuts me to the core that anyone could do this...but that someone who did it could be living in the same city! I want to find the answers and bring justice to these families. I want this to be rotting in some hell hole while he awaits his injection!! GRRRR!

This case has gotten to all of us. You can't have a case with two innocent little girls mowed down like they were and not have the feelings be intense no matter where you are from. Like you, I am from OK and it cuts me to the core that anyone could do this...but that someone who did it could be living in the same city! I want to find the answers and bring justice to these families. I want this to be rotting in some hell hole while he awaits his injection!! GRRRR!
Yes, I guess so. Like I said, I have never done this before. I just feel so close to all of this, that I needed an outlet. Somewhere I could see how many others are as distraught and concerned as I am. Yes, it gets a little "hairy" over there sometime. lol But I try to take it with a grain of salt, and know the Lord has my back, and to ignore the ignorance. ya know? lol

I wish reporters in OK would do their jobs!! INVESTIGATE and report!! We might have other things to discuss here instead of rehashing the little we have gotten to go on. I get so tired of our local media just waiting on word from LE instead of doing the job they were hired to do. Fluff stories are investigated more than the real stories. Like today...Pawnee County sent out a man's photo as a POI and they caught him in Florida. Great! Now here is the kicker...He is wanted for a homicide in their county which has not been released to the public yet that supposedly occurred on Saturday. Then they have the nerve to ask people with any info to come forward!! WHAT?!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67379

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member