The Verdict Waiting Room #2

Discussion in 'Allison Baden-Clay of Australia' started by marlywings, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marlywings

marlywings Former Member

The jury has been deliberating for 14 hours.

It must seem an absolute lifetime for Allison's loved ones!

2. Texx

Texx Member

:laugh:shame she didn't give him make up tips at the same time to cover facial "blemishes"

3. Frisbee

Frisbee New Member

Loving the sarcastic humour! Keeping me sane while awaiting the verdict :)

4. possumheart

possumheart Well-Known Member

If he has private health insurance he can use it in prison and languish between Walston Park and a small private psychiatric hospital for the rest of his days ...

5. Jaguar88

Jaguar88 Member

Nor would I - I drove over bridge last Thursday evening and all the vans were there - 7,9, 10 and ABC. They had lights and cameras set up in the memorial area. Probably all back there today - wonder what they do stuck out in the middle of nowhere all day waiting?

6. frustrated detective

frustrated detective Member

Regarding OW supporting her brother before - and possibly after - the verdict ...

If she is a Christian she has an obligation to 'visit the prisoner' - as do all Christians - and this applies even more so to one's own family members.

Guilty or not, visiting the prisoner, according to the words of Jesus in the Gospels, is the same as visiting Christ himself.

In 1983 Pope John Paul II visited the prison cell of his would-be-assassin in Rome. Later he advocated for the pardon and release of that man. He also met with the man's mother to encourage her.

Showing mercy does not diminish the seriousness of the crimes, but it does recognise the humanity of the prisoner, and open the way for their redemption.

This can be a very difficult virtue to practice. I think that wherever Allison is now, it is likely that she has already forgiven the person who killed her.

7. toe

toe New Member

Thank you Your Honour, on that note I find the accused GUILTY of murder.

8. Freya1977

Freya1977 Well-Known Member

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 41s

Jury has now been deliberating for nearly 15 hours. No verdict yet. @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

9. Frisbee

Frisbee New Member

Thought there might be interest bills and credit card debt to be paid first ....? (IMHO)

10. Freya1977

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 39s

The #badenclay jury has been deliberating for just over two full days. It retired on Thursday at 11.10am. #badenclay

11. ollijack

ollijack Member

I think poor channel 7 would be innocent. Just because a random
    Tweet said it doesn't make it true.

12. Tigerlily75

Tigerlily75 Well-Known Member

If this goes on into tomorrow or Wednesday I'm going to be very worried. I feel like they've had plenty of time to go over everything, plus plenty of thinking time over the weekend. Of course that's easy for me to say as a non-juror .. but it just seems so cut and dried! Guilty.

Please let Allison have justice. After all she went through, after having her whole life exposed in court for all to see. I really hope there is justice for her.

13. Meli33a

Meli33a New Member

So do you think Channel 7 have TM holed up in the same hotel as Schapelle?

Im thinking perhaps 60 mins has the scoop, sensationalism is their forte.

14. Freya1977

Thanks to whoever it was who suggested watching "12 Angry men". I watched it over the weekend, and it was very good - really makes you think about things!

15. Her Honour

Her Honour New Member

Humbled to be lumped in with Sooper Trooper there...champagne comedy (on a Legal Aid budget).

All jokes aside, the accused does appear to have some deep seated issues with women...they seem to exist simply to make him/his business look better, bolster his ego, pass on his desperate pleas for money/ask how he is, then the selfish sows go and splash 'his' money on 'flash' stuff, like clothes, jewellery, HOUSING...

IMOO it's fair to think there might be one or more jurors needing convincing of intent, let alone guilt? An agonising wait for all.

16. Humdinger

Humdinger Active Member

I've been thinking Sunday Night on 7, Rachelle Louise style interview! Her name is mud, she might as well score some money and if she plays it right she might even get some sympathy!

In all seriousness, if she did an interview id watch it, with finger on power button of remote incase she just dribbles BS about GBC.

17. Adrianna

Adrianna Member

Oh darts he says I shouldn't have given up the private health to take out the insurance policy on the wife!

18. wewillgetyou

wewillgetyou Active Member

Good morning all. Let's hope today's the day.

Just saw this tweet and thought it might clear up the confusion

“@Kim_Skubris7: @bittersweet_qld It isn't so.. We have a link truck with no camera down the hill from the school.. We are at the General Store..”

19. UnfoldingTruth

UnfoldingTruth New Member

Morning everyone. Reading through the posts, it looks like we are still waiting! I thought I might of logged on to find a verdict had been reached...

20. Meli33a

Meli33a New Member

Wouldn't miss it for the world!!!
    Im sure the sharks are circling and have been circling for some time, they probably had TM the second her testimony finished.
    Sickening how she is probably going to make a pretty penny out of it.

I only hope the Dickie's also get a chance to tell their side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.