TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think how far they went depends on where the suspect lives. People tend to stick to familiar places. How many perps get caught at their own home after they commit a crime. Like that guy that killed the family and stuffed them in a hollow tree... he lived close to the crime scene and took his captive home. Somehow I don't think the suspect is from out of town or went out of town when this happened. Its all right around there in a reasonable amount of distance from the crime scene.

IIRC, the mayor or sheriff said that they knew which direction she was taken from the house. So that tells me the dogs did track to a point. Also, the lunchbox was found near a creek. If they went walking through the woods and crossed the creek, wouldn't the scent be lost due to the water? Another thing to keep in mind is that if this guy is an avid hunter, especially bird hunter, he has worked with hunting dogs in the past. He would have a working knowledge of what confuses the dogs.

I'm thinking someone who was not known to Holly or her family; a local, possibly a hunter that knew her family's routine.

It was said the lunch box was found "by a creek" but also "by a road as if it were thown from a car". So I assume the creek is by the road? In some descriptions the creek seems like a drainage ditch by the road. So perhaps the box was thrown from the car by Holly? I dont see people running any distance through the woods on foot carrying a lunch box. If Holly were bound she wouldn't be carrying it any distance. And the captor wouldn't drag it along with them. But I can see if he snatched her, got her in a car pretty quickly, then he or she could have tossed the box out the window as they drove away. Again 8 miles is not very far in a car and the box would have been tossed 15 mins after he picked her up, or less.

Im not sure bird dogs are good for tracking and knowledge of bird dogs who spot and retrieve birds would correlate to blood hounds and tracking dogs. From what I gather, real, trained, "professional" blood hounds are not that common and not something the average Tennessee hunter would have. I have seen some professional dog handlers on TV who take their dogs around the country and even the world they are in that much demand due to their relative scarcity.

Small but good critical article about the family, stories, etc.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/04/16/earlyshow/saturday/main20054568.shtml

I would grill everyone like a hotdog and apologize later if I was wrong... Its been what, three days and it still is so convoluted and murky.

From that link:

Kobilinsky said investigators likely believe Holly and the man were on foot.

He said, "They're not in a vehicle, driving to another state. And the likelihood is high that that's the area that they will find them in. I must say that because so much time has elapsed, the longer that time interval lasts, the less likely they will have a successful return of Holly."

I do wonder how they know this for sure, kwim?

We really don't know where lunchbox was found...some articles said near a creek and some said on side of a road...
It makes a big difference...
And if they are sure they are not in a vehicle, then have they in fact found his car? If so, they would know who he is...

It was said the lunch box was found "by a creek" but also "by a road as if it were thown from a car". So I assume the creek is by the road? In some descriptions the creek seems like a drainage ditch by the road. So perhaps the box was thrown from the car by Holly? I dont see people running any distance through the woods on foot carrying a lunch box. If Holly were bound she wouldn't be carrying it any distance. And the captor wouldn't drag it along with them. But I can see if he snatched her, got her in a car pretty quickly, then he or she could have tossed the box out the window as they drove away. Again 8 miles is not very far in a car and the box would have been tossed 15 mins after he picked her up, or less.

Im not sure bird dogs are good for tracking and knowledge of bird dogs who spot and retrieve birds would correlate to blood hounds and tracking dogs. From what I gather, real, trained, "professional" blood hounds are not that common and not something the average Tennessee hunter would have. I have seen some professional dog handlers on TV who take their dogs around the country and even the world they are in that much demand due to their relative scarcity.

Every Police dept has K9's they only needed one at her house to detect her scent and which way she went, Just one! hey why not call Harry Oakes!
he would be the first one i call in all this wilderness.

I'm thinking someone who was not known to Holly or her family; a local, possibly a hunter that knew her family's routine.

Known is a tricky definition. I feel she knew the person. But "know can have a lot of depth" I know a lot of you guys here because we converse on WS. But thats not the same as knowing someone I work with, knowing someone that I hang out with, or knowing the bag boy I see at the grocery store two times a week. And you can know someone without them really knowing you. It could be someone that has seen her, knows her, perhaps has said hi/bye. Sort of like the Elizabeth Smart case. In that one her family hired this guy to do some yardwork. He came back later to kidnap their daughter. Also in the Anne Pressly case it seems her killer had been hanging out in her neighborood and probably spotted her. He may have been seen at her gym too. So it was a stranger yet someone "known" to be in the area and someone that probably knew Anne to some small degree to be able to target her.

Who ever did this knew she would be home, knew she would be leaving, knew possibly she would not yell or scream to alert anyone, knew were to hide a car or hide from being spotted, knew where to go after he took her. Aparently he was not suspicious enough that even being seen taking Holly he did not immediately draw attention to himself. So that implies some sort of both comfort and familiarity with the area, and would imply he is not a total stranger.

I have to agree i was questioning the brothers story from the first. We heard too many changing stories from him.

Why the dogs didnt get her scent out to the woods is a bit bizarre esp if they said they had found blood.

Something just isnt right here!

Seems big bro just let so called male drag his sister off into the woods!
I dont buy it!

Oh excuse me he changed his story ( they walked into the woods)

Respectfully, we haven't heard the brother say a thing so that's not an entirely accurate statement about him changing his story. The important thing right now to remember is LE has said that the brother and the boyfriend are not suspects. I would imagine Holly's brother is second guessing everything he did the day she was taken and is experiencing things right now that no brother, sister, mother, father, aunt, uncle, cousin, etc., should ever have to endure. Until LE indicates to the public that the brother has changed his story then I don't think the implication that he is the one that has changed his story is appropriate discussion on a forum that does not allow bashing of victims which is very much what this entire family is at the moment especially considering all the many rumors that are floating out there from the media at the present time.

~jmo~

okay just finished watching this video ((it is a must watch))

tbi was on and says that bf and brother are not suspects and that holly was led "in fear of her life" into the woods

detective: confirms there was blood found by the door. says they may release today what other evidence was found yesterday when abc anchor asked if the duct tape they had found had anything to do with the case

Another scenario keeps popping into my mind. Did I see a pool on the property? I'll try to look back. What if someone was hunting, saw Holly by the pool (whenever...could have been years) while hunting and then watched. There's plenty of coverage to watch with binoculars, I would think.

What if it's a mailman, or a parcel delivery service worker, or something along those lines. I hope they've looked in that direction, too. Maybe incidental exposure to Holly over a long period of time...just thinking aloud. I think they know, but just thoughts. I'm still struggling to interpret the "we know why we're here" comment.

ETA: wow, Carla! I was thinking the same thing. Good inclusion of grocery, etc.

I agree. I think if the ex-boyfriend is ruled out, then it is just a strange, mentally off man who has seen Holly in and out of the house and decided to take her to make her "his." He would have watched her and her family's routine until he had it down pat and had things ready to take her. Really, if it was an ex or someone close, I think the chances of her being alive are dropping. If it's a mentally unstable "mountain man," so to speak, the chances of her being alive are greater. Like the Elizabeth Smart case - abduct her to make her his wife and keep her. MOO.

I wonder how she didn't drop the lunchbox in the struggle? Makes me think she went with this person willingly, and then things turned hostile. Maybe he said he was going to drive her to school/work so they could talk.

Yes one dog can do it but if she was put into a car just inside the woods there will be no trail.

More very critical comments on Foxnews TV right now...

Found duct tape with blonde hair, camo outfit in car

Brother and b/f excluded "with certainty" by LE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members