TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
But how can they be sure he has no vehicle/isn't traveling in a car with her, unless they did find the car, as was indicated and refuted yesterday?

I wonder how she didn't drop the lunchbox in the struggle? Makes me think she went with this person willingly, and then things turned hostile. Maybe he said he was going to drive her to school/work so they could talk.

I hope Holly was smart - and quick thinking. In a local case in my area a few years ago three guys bumped a girls car to get her to pull over and then abducted her. In the minute she knew she was being taken, she grabbed her purse. She said in court later that all she could think of was that the more of her own stuff she had, the better chance she would be able to leave clues to her whereabouts. She did drop and leave items everywhere that she could get away with it. She left stuff under the seat in the car. They finally did take her purse away, and then she started pulling out her own hair, pulling the buttons off her clothes. They kept her for three days. The evidence law enforcement found NAILED her abductors. I hope Holly thought that clearly and has items she can leave as a trail or clues to the direction she was taken.

Ok gotta go for most of the day. I hope there is positive news. Everyone keep up the good work and prayers.

But how can they be sure he has no vehicle/isn't traveling in a car with her, unless they did find the car, as was indicated and refuted yesterday?

Well one person dragging or carrying another person in dense woods isnt going to go very far. I looked online to see that a military forced march would cover between 12 to 20 miles in one day and that is a professional march done at speed. So right away if her lunch box is found 8 miles away, thats a long ways for them to make it on food in 24 hours in bad weather, dense woods, wtih people trailing them etc. And I am sure the guy did not walk out in the middle of BEF to snatch her. He had to get there somehow.

If his duct tape info is true. I think it might be a good sign that he's going to keep her alive.

If his intent is kill her, then why duct tape her? Why not just take care of her right away so there's no more struggle.

I hope.....

If his duct tape info is true. I think it might be a good sign that he's going to keep her alive.

If his intent is kill her, then why duct tape her? Why not just take care of her right away so there's no more struggle.

I hope.....

Maybe he duct taped her so she would not scream anymore.

Respectfully, we haven't heard the brother say a thing so that's not an entirely accurate statement about him changing his story. The important thing right now to remember is LE has said that the brother and the boyfriend are not suspects. I would imagine Holly's brother is second guessing everything he did the day she was taken and is experiencing things right now that no brother, sister, mother, father, aunt, uncle, cousin, etc., should ever have to endure. Until LE indicates to the public that the brother has changed his story then I don't think the implication that he is the one that has changed his story is appropriate discussion on a forum that does not allow bashing of victims which is very much what this entire family is at the moment especially considering all the many rumors that are floating out there from the media at the present time.

~jmo~

Oh i mean no disrespect but since wed we sure have heard a few diff stories.
since he was the last to see her some red flags are going up.

I think he has changed his story....Why is it we dont see him on TV begging for his sisters return. We see mom and dad.

Dont get me wrong i dont want him involved with this but \something is just off.

maybe the brother feels so ashamed/ guilty that he does not want to show his face.

Seems like dogs should have picked up some trail once they got into the woods, separate from any on the property...

I don't want to start losing my faith in dogs, as I have tons of faith and respect for them, but I can't understand why in a number of recent cases we hear that dogs are not picking up trails, even when it seem they should be.

Of course, maybe they did in this case, and it is more bad reporting...

maybe the brother feels so ashamed/ guilty that he does not want to show his face.

Maybe i dont know its just a feeling is all. I thought and felt it when i heard this story! It just wasnt right for some reason.

I'm just not so sure that the brother has changed his stories. I think the media involved are the ones who keep changing the story so for right now, until LE states themselves that the brother has changed his story. It doesn't bother me in the least that I haven't seen him on TV. Maybe his parents don't want him subjected to the media right now. Maybe he feels defeated because he couldn't help his sister. I don't know what the reasons are but if he is ready to talk to the media then I'm sure he will.

~jmo~

Seems like dogs should have picked up some trail once they got into the woods, separate from any on the property...

I don't want to start losing my faith in dogs, as I have tons of faith and respect for them, but I can't understand why in a number of recent cases we hear that dogs are not picking up trails, even when it seem they should be.

From what was posted here the dogs didnt have a scent of her going to the woods so maybe she isnt in there. I have faith in dogs. I really do.
Something just dosent ring true here to me. And this is just my feeling ...

JMO

that's why i'm thinking perp had a vehicle waiting on the road somewhere.

eight miles sure is a LONG way to travel with a screaming girl on foot,

I'm thinking if they were on foot and they were traveling through the woods, Holly would have tried to get away at some point.

The brother initially thought she was going into the woods with her boyfriend, right?

And, it seems likely, although I would have no idea, that the brother saw the guy from a distance, and also only from the back or perhaps a side view.

Wonder what the brother would say if he was asked if the guy had the same build, height as the ex-boyfriend.

I would guess that this ex also was a hunter.

LE has not found the ex yet and she had a order of protection against him?

My feeling is that she was eventually put into a vehicle and they are long gone. LE would have to be checking every motel, camping ground, etc. within a wide radius it seems to me, especially after so much time has elapsed.

Where's the ex-boyfriend, again?

I want to think that the brother had nothing to do with her abduction (but the last person to see a victim may be involved or is thoroughly looked at by LE - which we hope happened since they said he was "cleared"). It seems the brother saw the back of the man, thought it was boyfriend and Holly talking. Went back to doing whatever he was doing. Went outside, noticed blood and her car still there. Became concerned, called boyfriend at work, mom/911. Wished we knew more of his schedule....was he leaving for work, college???

So does she really have an ex that was "stalking" her...is it someone that she knows on the perimeter (class mate, friend of a friend, etc). I believe the abductor is known to Holly. Hopefully, she can continue to talk to him and keep herself alive and within the area.

Did they use cell phone pings (are there towers there - good reception in the whole area). I think they did find her cell phone...reason for the new search area yesterday.

Have to believe that LE has information to lead them in the direction they are taking the searches.

If there was duct tape with hair fibers.....they are in the right area - a big area, but on the trail.....

We have another LE that is keeping everything close to the vest....which i pray is a good thing..

Hang in their Holly, they are on their WAY!!

JMO

The brother initially thought she was going into the woods with her boyfriend, right?
And, it seems likely, although I would have no idea, that the brother saw the guy from a distance, and also only from the back or perhaps a side view.

Wonder what the brother would say if he was asked if the guy had the same build, height as the ex-boyfriend.

I would guess that this ex also was a hunter.

LE has not found the ex yet and she had a order of protection against him?
My feeling is that she was eventually put into a vehicle and they are long gone. LE would have to be checking every motel, camping ground, etc. within a wide radius it seems to me, especially after so much time has elapsed.
Where's the ex-boyfriend, again?

yes, Holly's brother thought it was her boyfriend

I don't think the ex boyfriend is a suspect, Brother and current boyfriend are not suspects.

That's my thoughts too.

that she was eventually forced into a vehicle at some point.

I don't think her ex fits the description of the kidnapper

I am sure that LE has told the brother to not appear before media. He is a witness and would have to testify at trial. Media appearances from eye witnesses are frowned upon by prosecutors as essentially they are already testifying in public if they do that. His story hasn't changed...just because an initial news source decided to embellish the wording of her being led into the woods does not mean that is what the brother actually said. LE has repeatedly said that the BF and the BROTHER are confirmed to NOT be suspects.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member