TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was feeling well enough to go up and down stairs....since he noticed her at the foot of them. ? Pretty unlevel terrain. imo Maybe Karen gave him a good kick? ?

This whole bad knee thing works out pretty nicely for him. He could state that he couldn't look for her bc of his knee and then doesn't have to help with any searches etc... This is probably his excuse for not moving out, picking up daughters and why she had to be the one during their divorce, working extra jobs. What a peach.

MOO

I think he should have left...so Mom could care for her kids in their home...I wonder if he refused?

I don't think it is better for the kids to have Mom and Dad in the same house if there is tension, or worse. IMO, neither parent can be at their best in those circumstances.

I'd really like to know if she wanted him to move out and he refused.

ITA, remaining in the same home would not only be stressful it could have also given the children false hope.

I can't see a drifter taking the time to stage the scene, arrange the clothing and hide the body. I think a drifter would 'hit and run'. In that case, LE would probably not be able to say the had a POI, as the drifter could have been long gone and not left a forwarding address. imo

I checked on the RSOs. Some of the charges are over 10-30 years old and the perps are quite elderly. Some of the perps' offenses were with family members or minors (people known to them), a few statutory rape. There were none that I saw that were of physical violence against the victim, at least not indicated in the Dyer County records I looked at.

I'm just sayin' :cow:

Just catching up...just wanted to point out:

The RSO that lives the closest is less than 1 mile (less than .8 iirc) from the Swift home, and .3 of a mile from where Karen's car was found. His home backs onto those woods, offense class: VIOLENT - offense: ATT AGGRAVATED SEXUAL BATTERY and are from 10/05/2003 so 8 years ago...ironically if you are searching by the address of the Swift home, this particular RSO no longer comes up in the list (and hasn't for many days now) although he is still listed at the address Millsfield Hwy. You will only find him if you search by name - he is less than 10 years older than Karen and his information was last updated December 15, 2011 - so 2 days ago.

He has a brother born in 63 - offense class: VIOLENT - offense: ATT RAPE and last registered in Dyer County but is currently an absconder...

As always and like you, I'm just saying...
:MOO:
:twocents:

Just catching up...just wanted to point out:

The RSO that lives the closest is less than 1 mile (less than .8 iirc) from the Swift home, and .3 of a mile from where Karen's car was found. His home backs onto those woods, offense class: VIOLENT - offense: ATT AGGRAVATED SEXUAL BATTERY and are from 10/05/2003 so 8 years ago...ironically if you are searching by the address of the Swift home, this particular RSO no longer comes up in the list (and hasn't for many days now) although he is still listed at the address Millsfield Hwy. You will only find him if you search by name - he is less than 10 years older than Karen and his information was last updated December 15, 2011 - so 2 days ago.

He has a brother born in 63 - offense class: violent - offense: ATT RAPE and last registered in Dyer County but is currently an absconder...

As always and like you, I'm just saying...
:MOO:
:twocents:

I would believe this is at least possible, if only someone could provide a legitimate reason why she would leave the house...and if she was not in the middle of a divorce...

I would believe this is at least possible, if only someone could provide a legitimate reason why she would leave the house...and if she was not in the middle of a divorce...

I know...what are the chances??? Talk about bad luck...

But, even a .01% chance is still a possibility.

I have tried to tell myself Karen wouldn't have left the home again that night, probably the same amount of times I've tried to convince myself she wouldn't have twice married a man capable of killing her - nevermind, marry him again the 2nd time out of desperation.

I'm open to all possibilites, in my mind & just my opinion atm - there are currently 3 choices - none of which I would consider a random stranger and these are not in any order....the obvious, the neighborhood RSO, the neighbor who put out poison for whatever reason - all of their lawyers would likely claim LE had tunnel vision as a defense if they were arrested.

I hope there is more information pronto - an arrest preferrably - the hardest part for me now is knowing Karen's 4 children will never have what they really want for Christmas - those girls are just baby's still!!! How does a child move on from such a tragic memory when halloween and christmas come around every year!!!!!

:furious:
:maddening:

If she was killed in the house, I also have been wondering how it was done, not to leave any visible (blood) evidence inside, but make it apparent when her body was found that foul play was involved. A fatal fall down the stairs possibly?

:waitasec:

MOO

IMO the kill would have had to have been quick, clean, and quiet.

just reading some old articles - does this mean she had 2 cell phones:

snipped...

"The department has a tremendous amount of electronic data on Karen Swift," said Box. "But, we are still asking the public if they have any information about her to contact us. We are looking for anybody that has similar text messages. There may be some messages that didn't show up in our phone records. And she may have sent them from another phone.

http://www.stategazette.com/story/1792485.htm

just reading some old articles - does this mean she had 2 cell phones:

snipped...

"The department has a tremendous amount of electronic data on Karen Swift," said Box. "But, we are still asking the public if they have any information about her to contact us. We are looking for anybody that has similar text messages. There may be some messages that didn't show up in our phone records. And she may have sent them from another phone.

http://www.stategazette.com/story/1792485.htm

I believe she had a second phone that she had gotten after or just prior to filing. Which would make a lot of sense especially since they were still living together.

I believe she had a second phone that she had gotten after or just prior to filing. Which would make a lot of sense especially since they were still living together.

Wasn't there something about a good friend giving, or lending, her a cell phone (sorry, no media link, hearsay ...)? When my daughter's husband moved out, my daughter didn't think to change her passwords, but private email and phone are pretty much mandatory when divorce or separation is initiated. My daughter contacted a lawyer and only then did she understand the importance.

IMO the kill would have had to have been quick, clean, and quiet.

ITA. If it was an "inside" job, I don't see how there could have been a violent struggle without waking the children. Even if the girls were accustomed to hearing their parents fighting, hearing someone taking a tumble down the stairs or hearing their mother fighting and pleading for her life would be too alarming to ignore. If blood was shed in the house, the perp would have very little time to dispose of the body, stage the car and clothing scenes, and clean up the blood and any signs of a struggle before the children awoke. Also, Karen's attacker would likely have defensive wounds. She was an athletic woman and likely put up a good fight unless she was struck from behind and rendered unconscious.

Wasn't there something about a good friend giving, or lending, her a cell phone (sorry, no media link, hearsay ...)? When my daughter's husband moved out, my daughter didn't think to change her passwords, but private email and phone are pretty much mandatory when divorce or separation is initiated. My daughter contacted a lawyer and only then did she understand the importance.

I also remember the same friends helping her financially with both filing costs and giving her a phone. ITA with ur comments. I have often wondered if he wasn't snooping thru her papers or computer history that night. Technology has changed since her first divorce and perhaps she wasn't being careful enough....

MOO

No bloodshed, unless she was NOT killed in the house. Maybe she was walked out of her car and then killed in some violent manner that made LE know right away it was a homicide...I hope not, as I would much rather think she was killed in a quick way and did not see it coming (or who did it...)

Unless something comes out that gives a very good reason for her to be going somewhere in her car in the very early morning hours, sadly my inclinations are that it occurred at home. It is possible, however, that she wasn't dead when removed from the house and was assaulted with a weapon of some type somewhere else along the way to where she was found.

MOO

If she was killed in the house, I also have been wondering how it was done, not to leave any visible (blood) evidence inside, but make it apparent when her body was found that foul play was involved. A fatal fall down the stairs possibly?

:waitasec:

MOO

Strangulation/Asphyxiation. Very little evidence at the scene. Think Scott Peterson. Nothing was found in that home either.

Strangulation/Asphyxiation. Very little evidence at the scene. Think Scott Peterson. Nothing was found in that home either.

Agree, that would be the most logical. Still curious, however, how she was found, such as clothing, or possibly lack thereof.

MOO

HLN was talking about this case today but I missed it, was there anything new?

ITA. If it was an "inside" job, I don't see how there could have been a violent struggle without waking the children. Even if the girls were accustomed to hearing their parents fighting, hearing someone taking a tumble down the stairs or hearing their mother fighting and pleading for her life would be too alarming to ignore. If blood was shed in the house, the perp would have very little time to dispose of the body, stage the car and clothing scenes, and clean up the blood and any signs of a struggle before the children awoke. Also, Karen's attacker would likely have defensive wounds. She was an athletic woman and likely put up a good fight unless she was struck from behind and rendered unconscious.

A stun gun or chloroform would render the person unable to struggle. There is the possibility here that there was time for planning. Other possibilities exist, such as her being lured from the room without waking the child on some kind of pretext. Her being waylaid on the way to the bathroom. What the child knows is that mom laid down next to her - not that mom fell asleep and stayed asleep.

Sure would be interesting to know if there are any sheets missing from the house. Still puzzling over why the child would have been moved.

I go to Karen's fb page everyday and the other day something really caught my eye and I can't stop thinking about it. Another friend of hers said "Karen, we share a secret that no one wants to hear, but soon the whole world will know." I would post link, but I'm not sure if I should or can. It's Karen's actual fb page, not the missing or memorial page. (It might be private, though.)

What do you get from that? I can't stop thinking about it! Hopefully the investigators have contacted this friend.

I am wondering if this person is an abused spouse? And keeps it secret? Something like that? Maybe she knew Karen too was abused? I can't think of what else it can mean. Can you or your mom let LE know, just to be sure they have seen that entry?

I am wondering if this person is an abused spouse? And keeps it secret? Something like that? Maybe she knew Karen too was abused? I can't think of what else it can mean. Can you or your mom let LE know, just to be sure they have seen that entry?

Is there anyone here from Dyersburg or the surrounding area? Dyersburg is a small town. Is it true it has a reputation as a 'swinging' party-town?

<modsnip>

I have been reading on TOPIX/Dyersburg area and the people there seem to feel that Karen DID leave the house that night and they don't all feel that her husband is the perp. Many talk about Karen's 'lifestyle' and seem to have a different characterization of her than people on this site do. They seem to feel she was killed because of her lifestyle, and that the Halloween party she attended that night, plays a big part in this case. Can anyone from Dyersburge comment on this? moo

They also say that secrets will come out in the next week or two.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/dyersburg-tn/TCCUCHMVHJVL9RLVL

I'm just sayin' ... :cow:

Is there anyone here from Dyersburg or the surrounding area? Dyersburg is a small town. Is it true it has a reputation as a 'swinging' party-town?

Can you tell me anything about the Bona's? I think they are some of the 'strange' friends the family members mentioned earlier. They are said to have given Karen a cell phone and money for a divorce. Some are pointing the finger at them. moo

I have been reading on TOPIX/Dyersburg area and the people there seem to feel that Karen DID leave the house that night and they don't all feel that her husband is the perp. Many talk about Karen's 'lifestyle' and seem to have a different characterization of her than people on this site do. They seem to feel she was killed because of her lifestyle, and that the Halloween party she attended that night, plays a big part in this case. Can anyone from Dyersburge comment on this? moo

They also say that secrets will come out in the next week or two.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/dyersburg-tn/TCCUCHMVHJVL9RLVL

I'm just sayin' ... :cow:

I've read a bit of that site, but find that it's quite a waste of time wading through all the bickering and people with multiple user names. About 3% of the comments seem to be valid, the remainder seem to be people posing as insiders or just arguing for argument's sake. The brother of Karen said that she had some unusual friends (something like that) and it seems that this has sparked numerous speculations and rumors. I'd like to hear from the brother about what that means.

Speaking as the daughter of divorced parents... When my parents went through their divorce, my mom had close friends who supported her emotionally, and sometimes financially. Those friends of hers were viewed by our very conservative and religious community as "un-christian", etc., since they were 'assisting' in "breaking" a family apart. My father didn't go to my high school graduation because one of those friends (my mom's best friend) was there.

To this day, I consider those friends of my mom's the biggest blessings in my mom's life. They knew she was miserable in her marriage, and they knew my father was not treating her right. He was controlling and emotionally abusive. Those friends of my mom's knew that she wouldn't have been able to leave with no support and no money. To this day, my father blames those friends for the demise of their marriage. The fact, however, was that my father was not a good husband, and blamed everyone in my mom's life for their problems.

So, if Karen's friends are considered "unusual" or whatever, I'm taking a wild guess that those are the people who were helping Karen get out of a horrible situation.

Sorry, this part of it is personal for me. Karen seemed like a wonderful mother and wife. She seemed like a women who gave 100% to her family. If a conservative Tennessee community thought her friends were strange, those are probably the same people who think divorce should be forbidden under almost all circumstances. Sometimes, divorce is necessary for a healthier family, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500