Trial break: The State vs Jodi Arias; trial resumes 4 February 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm perfectly comfortable diagnosing her here on Websleuths. I am under no professional constraints. I just need slap an IMO and everything is great:)

Stick around, as I'm going to find her guilty of first degree murder and sentence her to die by lethal injection. :)

All IMO
As I stated, you're fully entitled to your opinion. Just reminding others that elements necessary for anywhere near a factual diagnosis are missing. Simply wishing them to be there does not make it so.

Correct.. In this case I like the differences when compared to CA. Here we have someone admitting they did it. There we did not, and the jury said they had no connection to CA and the body.

Here you have someone that after a few practice runs on stories, admitted she did it when she realized she took a bunch of photos and left a few bloody prints.

Now the question is will they believe she is a terribly abused girlfriend that lived 1028 miles from him and she feared for her life from the wet, soap in his eyes, showering TA that she happened to stop in voluntarily to visit on her way to Utah to her bf. I know I know, he told her to come over so she did instead of saying NO TA, I will not, I am going to my bf in utah who will beat you up if you call me again.

Luckily we don't need to find weapons when they admit it. (we could grid search from Mesa AZ to Utah.. woah) not needed

The answer to your actual question is yes, she would walk. It would be considered justifiable homicide. (Right guys?)
That said, I just can NOT believe she will walk.

IMO the theory raised that a culmination of stressors may have pushed JA over the edge is a good one, especially when there is an underlying psych disorder. I have read the many posts on speculation of diagnoses. From watching the interviews JA gave as well as the police interviews, JA fits the diagnosis of sociopath. She was able to "follow the rules" when they fit her life. She appeared "normal" to those who knew her in her jobs as a waitress and in PPL. And to TA initially. When she realized that changing her religion, location, looks and that sex was not enough to keep TA, she killed him. No remorse. No guilt. The premeditation of her act rules out psychotic break. It is kinda like when neighbors are interviewed after the person next door kills someone and they say the guy was nice, quiet and kept to himself. That person was able to live amongst them never giving anyone a clue as to who he really was. Hannibal Lecter is a perfect example of a sociopath. As is JA.

Smart dog, he just witnessed a murder. Kind of like mine here, they see me clip one dogs nails, I turn around they're all gone.. in hiding..

Haha, ain't that the truth!

Soul sucker because they have no inner core. No sense of self. No sense of who they are or what it is to be human.

I wish someone could come up with something from literature or mythology that would capture it. I bet it has been written about so we can understand the analogy easily.

How's this?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Blq11wjG30"]Dr. Loomis discusses Michael Myers' evil. - YouTube[/ame]

As I stated, you're fully entitled to your opinion. Just reminding others that elements necessary for anywhere near a factual diagnosis are missing. Simply wishing them to be there does not make it so.

I would hope EVERYONE here realizes its impossible to legally and ethically diagnose a person without a professional evaluation ...and that would require access to Jodi.

I would hope EVERYONE here realizes its impossible to legally and ethically diagnose a person without a professional evaluation ...and that would require access to Jodi.

I mean, even beyond that. Missing required elements for a disorder.

IMO the theory raised that a culmination of stressors may have pushed JA over the edge is a good one, especially when there is an underlying psych disorder. I have read the many posts on speculation of diagnoses. From watching the interviews JA gave as well as the police interviews, JA fits the diagnosis of sociopath. She was able to "follow the rules" when they fit her life. She appeared "normal" to those who knew her in her jobs as a waitress and in PPL. And to TA initially. When she realized that changing her religion, location, looks and that sex was not enough to keep TA, she killed him. No remorse. No guilt. The premeditation of her act rules out psychotic break. It is kinda like when neighbors are interviewed after the person next door kills someone and they say the guy was nice, quiet and kept to himself. That person was able to live amongst them never giving anyone a clue as to who he really was. Hannibal Lecter is a perfect example of a sociopath. As is JA.

JA and Hannibal Lecter, now there's a couple made in psychopath heaven.

Or maybe she was desperately trying to find the camera?

True, but the dog was loose in the house and I'll bet you it was barking at her and she was afraid it would draw attention. jmo

you don't have to subscribe?

(you should be able to play it right on the page where it is embedded I think?)

I was not able to, I had to click the title in title bar and open in new page but was able to view there.

you don't have to subscribe?

(you should be able to play it right on the page where it is embedded I think?)

Nope, won't do it on my iPad, requires a years subscription. I may have it "on demand" do you happen to know when it originally aired?

BBM

Exactly. But a lack of evidence doesn't mean something's there. I just don't feel it's proper to "diagnose" someone with a mental condition by just assuming what you (general "you," not you as an individual) want to be there is there. Of course, everyone has a right to their opinion. That is mine; everyone else is fully entitled to theirs.

:twocents:

As everyone knows, humans were once prey and relied upon their instincts and smaller brains to stay alive. These instincts are still very valuable. Many on this thread have a gut instinct that Jodi has a certain diagnosis and gut instincts work. Gut instincts are not conscious guesses, but our brains using immediate neuroelectrical signals to access our unconscious memories. Jodi is a dangerous psychopath.
http://www.livescience.com/3289-stud.y-suggests-gut-instincts-work.html

As everyone knows, human were once prey and relied upon their instincts and smaller brains to stay alive. These instincts are still very valuable. Many on this thread have a gut instinct that Jodi has a certain diagnosis and gut instincts work. Gut instincts are not conscious guesses, but our brains using immediate neuroelectrical signals to access our unconscious memory.
http://www.livescience.com/3289-stud.y-suggests-gut-instincts-work.html

i couldn't agree with you more.

I've had the great displeasure of "knowing" two murdering psychopaths. Talking with them, watching and "dealing" with them is something you never forget. The brain quickly and instinctually picks up on a great many things, especially with the benefit of knowing their crimes, what they did and how they did it. Everything ever read or studied on the subject leaps to life and becomes ingrained in such a way that encountering another...even through watching LE interviews on television makes the baby hairs on the back of my neck stand up. That's a physiological response....rooted in pure instinct. All IMO

Again....without access to Jodi and her records we have no idea what's missing or not.

you know, why must there be a reason for her behavior? Maybe she is just evil. Lots of people with the problems mentioned don't become killers - but just as someone can be born without arms or legs, so can they be born with no conscience. I see her smiling while she lies her way thru interviews - she is just another evil ***** who wanted something she couldn't have.

are we allowed to say ***** here?

Blunted affect and improper emotional responses aren't exclusive to ASPD. In fact, the weird emotional responses and weird persecution motif she has going on (the "threats" in jail, the "ninja assassins", the fear and paranoia that TA was hurting her) points to something else...

The mannerisms. The almost whispering thing she always has going on. The long, lengthy explanations. The improper emotional responses. The saccadic eye movements you see in that interview are telling.

:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member