trial day 33: the defense continues its case in chief #96

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for the record I think:
1. Jodi was kicked out by Travis at 5pm-sh.
2. She was wearing yoga pants and threw on a hoodie (sweater) and snuck back in. I know it is hot in PHX, this is not the point. She needed to "cover up" her arms, legs, neck etc. from blood, and her hair hidden so she goes unnoticed like a "ninja".
3. The roommates were clueless, just listen to the 911 call again. I've lived with men, they only know something is "off" but usually just don't care. The one spent time his time in his room when he was home.
IMOO

You know I never connected the ninja story to HER but I think you're right! Little tiny bits of truth to her stories! She was ninja-like when she snuck back into his house, I always believed she pretended to leave and came back in, convinced him to let her take a few good-bye pictures, etc.

I hope the state uses a female evaluator rather than a male! hahahahhaha
Than will take the steam out of Miss Jodi's manipulation. :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

IIRC, Samuels' prosecutor counterpart is female and had her Jodi eval in her computer that was stolen in a burglary of her home. One of the most amazing things about Samuels' ineptness is that he's been on the DT for years now, but acts like someone who'd just been called yesterday and had no time to prepare.

I truly think JM has been masterfully setting up his rebuttal case. When HIS expert gets on the stand, we will hear about the investigatory process she went through, interviews she conducted, etc. to arrive at her conclusions. In other words, what Dr. Speculation should have done.

Just because he's off the stand doesn't mean the arrows to his reputation will stop coming. He will look 10X worse when the jurors hear from a true expert witness about Jodi Arias, the tests that were given, the testing "procedures" and the false conclusions reached. :twocents:

And to add to Juan's other attributes cost efficiency: His expert witness specializes in anxiety disorders (PTSD is an anxiety disorder), domestic violence and forensic evaluations (3 experts in 1).

Yes, at one point when Nurmi was on direct with Jodi, Juan objected to one of his questions and Nurmi turned to the judge and said, "It speaks to battered women's syndrome." So that is definitely their plan.
Much to my dismay, Nurmi will probably conduct the direct on LaViolette.

Did anyone notice Jodi's eyes when she took the pill yesterday? It was a look of irritation and "what-everrr" to me.

Also, this may be O/T and if it is, I apologize. But in the below clip, when Juan had put the photo of Travis on the autopsy table (the neck wound - NOT shown on video), just watch JA's expression. Even though TA's siblings cry out (it was a surprise they weren't expecting), and her attorneys objected (Nurmi even looked over at the family and did seem concerned for them), she has an almost gleeful look. Sort of a "holy crap I did THAT, woww" look (pleased with herself). Start watching around 1:31:10. It is only AFTER she sees others react, that she starts to do her pretend "shock and sadness." She is truly one sick, dangerous person.

Jodi Arias Trial Day 11(Full) - YouTube

Yes, she is evil! I wish I could remember who posted this last night. But on the area of PTSD, the doc said the person suffering gets worse, or suffers more when presented with the incident. Well, JA asked to go by Travis' house after the murder, she asked Flores to see the autopsy photos, and she had to sneak looks of the pics in court. She seemed more than fine in all those instances. As you said, pleased with herself.

The DV expert is going to be more entertaining than the PTSD expert! There is not one shred of evidence that JA was battered or abused. JA's offhand remark to Det. Flores on the first interview was very revealing. When he asked her if Travis owned a gun...she replied that he had no weapons, only his FISTS! The seeds of DV were planted. She thought she was sooo clever!

If TA beat her up, choked her, etc., why were there no photos??? She never left home without her camera! Why did she move 1000 miles to be near her 'abuser'? Why didn't she file a police report and get a restraining order? Why did she move back to Mesa after they broke up? Why, why, why??? Instead of slashing tires and stalking TA's girlfriends, why didn't she warn them that he was violent? Or that he was a pedophile? Why didn't she warn David and Sky Hughes that TA was a pedophile when he was baby-sitting their children? But more importantly, why didn't she simply move back to Yreka, change her phone # and internet passwords, get a restraining order, if necessary, and tell TA to get lost???

If I were the DV expert, I would seriously consider calling in sick due to the "Juan Flu'!!!!

I read this DV experts online resume yesterday and she seems to be a bit of a professional expert witness, LOTS of court cases listed with her as expert witness

I know I'm always gushing about JM but I just find his life thus far to be a remarkable one. His Mexican parents were illiterate. The little Mexican boy had to learn English after moving to the U.S. He has accomplished so much. He is so talented and successful. And to think that he's using his God-given gifts for a righteous cause? That just blows me away.

JM is Travis' fiery angel. Go JM!

Wow, I didn't know this. My level of respect for him just went up even higher, if that was at all possible.

I truly think JM has been masterfully setting up his rebuttal case. When HIS expert gets on the stand, we will hear about the investigatory process she went through, interviews she conducted, etc. to arrive at her conclusions. In other words, what Dr. Speculation should have done.

Just because he's off the stand doesn't mean the arrows to his reputation will stop coming. He will look 10X worse when the jurors hear from a true expert witness about Jodi Arias, the tests that were given, the testing "procedures" and the false conclusions reached. :twocents:

Good point about how glaring his incompetence will be when compared to a qualified professional.

so when do we start today? is wilmott done? jury questions next?

:seeya: Don't know if this has been answered yet, but trial is scheduled for 1 pm Arizona time; I didn't see the end of Wilmott's redirect so didn't hear whether she was finished or not; don't think Juan is allowed up again, and there are apparently plenty of jury questions.

This is virtually the only thing I'm going to give the "doctor" a pass on. I don't think men really distinguish that much between shirt/sweater/top/blouse.

I think the point is he could have written clothing, shirt but he put sweater and then said he could have mistakenly written that down. Why would he insert his own opinion on what she said? It shows he could have been helping her with her storyline because in his mind he was already inserting information that just was not told to him. On his website Samuels claims that he can "help your case". That could mean he is willing to twist information that the defendant claims to mean something different than what is the actual case. In this case he has clearly proven he has done just that. There is no "thin veil" here. It could be seen as him tailoring the testing to fit into what he wanted for an end result. He should lose his license or at least his ability to testify in court. He is not competent to hold onto that position. Time for him to retire. jmo

Thanks for that info rose. I was wondering his background but have never looked it up.

I really am trying hard not to get as involved as I did in the Casey Anthony trial which is easier as I am not able to watch all the trial like I did with that one. This trial sucks you in yes and I do hope this jury does not let me down.

I'm more attached to this case than the Casey Anthony one although I followed that one from day 1. I said I would NEVER get sucked into another trial and here I am....

Anyway here is a link to a little more information on the wonderful JM. Someone posted it here a few weeks ago.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/1999-07-01/feature/wake-up-call/2/

:seeya: Don't know if this has been answered yet, but trial is scheduled for 1 pm Arizona time; I didn't see the end of Wilmott's redirect so didn't hear whether she was finished or not; don't think Juan is allowed up again, and there are apparently plenty of jury questions.

JM can cross on jury questions. There seemed to be a lot before JW finished her direct. So this should be interesting.

Is there court tomorrow?? Anyone know for sure?

Yes, she is evil! I wish I could remember who posted this last night. But on the area of PTSD, the doc said the person suffering gets worse, or suffers more when presented with the incident. Well, JA asked to go by Travis' house after the murder, she asked Flores to see the autopsy photos, and she had to sneak looks of the pics in court. She seemed more than fine in all those instances. As you said, pleased with herself.

Great points. Thank you!

I don't care how the defence spins it, this freak of nature is unpredictable, devious and deadly. The jury needs to do their duty and get her out of society for ever.

JM can cross on jury questions. There seemed to be a lot before JW finished her direct. So this should be interesting.

Is there court tomorrow?? Anyone know for sure?

No. I think the reason is because the next defense witness isn't available to testify.

Travis was very assertive in this text to JA. This text haunts me...

He sure had her pegged didn't he?

What in the heck did JA say/do after that text that she was able to squirm her way back into his life....

IIRC, Samuels' prosecutor counterpart is female and had her Jodi eval in her computer that was stolen in a burglary of her home. One of the most amazing things about Samuels' ineptness is that he's been on the DT for years now, but acts like someone who'd just been called yesterday and had no time to prepare.

Stolen in a burglary of her home???? oh my gawd... someone found out where she lived and stole it. That is so eery. How did she resolve the testing issue? (Talking/Typing out loud) Oh that is way over the top.. Wonder who burglarized her home?

I know I'm always gushing about JM but I just find his life thus far to be a remarkable one. His Mexican parents were illiterate. The little Mexican boy had to learn English after moving to the U.S. He has accomplished so much. He is so talented and successful. And to think that he's using his God-given gifts for a righteous cause? That just blows me away.

JM is Travis' fiery angel. Go JM!

I love your dedication to him, Rose! He deserves it -I heart him, too!!

I agree. Also, please tell me that the jury will know that just b/c they choose M1 that she doesn't HAVE to get the DP. Isn't that right? I feel like that is why CA didn't get convicted b/c the jury didn't understand that it didn't necessarily mean death. Am I off on this?

I disagree. The KC jury had lesser options including manslaughter available to them.

They make me :banghead:

Did the court observers report as to the number of questions being submitted by jurors for Samuels?

That is usually what happens in domestic violence situations. The victim will finally reach their limit of what they can tolerate. There will come a point in time when they have had enough of the abuse then have the courage to make a strong stand against their abuser.

And sadly we have seen many times it can wind up with the victim losing their lives just like Travis lost his when he flat out told her he had had enough of her abuse and psychotic ways.:(

IMO

Yes, I agree. There comes a point when you realize the only way to stop the madness is to stop it yourself. Something happened that caused him to be so angry he was willing to stand up and be counted and stop the madness. He probably felt like she was a state away, he was not in a dangerous situation.

There are realities here though. TA came froma childhood where parents were drug addicts and so on. He probably held on a lot longer than someone without his background. Children growing up in these types of situations have a tendency to take more, just to keep things happy and 'normal'. There were demons that I am sure that TA fought just like anyone else. Along with some physical abuse that he went through with his siblings. I know that most siblings who go through these types of situations are very tight. And being an older sibling, TA possibly felt more like a 'father' figure to them than a brother and they towards him.

The bottom line is that there is no way she can even possibly convince this jury that she didn't play him like a fine tuned fiddle. Most abusers can sense what the weaknesses are in another person and USE them to their benefit. And she did. Maybe that last text he did too. She used him to keep him and he used it to get away.

IMHO

Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members