trial day 33: the defense continues its case in chief #96

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's our good friend Mr. Gus Searcy on TV being sued by his daughter. Jodi knew him at this time.

No wonder Juan hates him--he's ridiculous!

44fc9637-b7e4-4027-abfc-546c94997b12_zpsc640bb91.jpg

Yes, she is evil! I wish I could remember who posted this last night. But on the area of PTSD, the doc said the person suffering gets worse, or suffers more when presented with the incident. Well, JA asked to go by Travis' house after the murder, she asked Flores to see the autopsy photos, and she had to sneak looks of the pics in court. She seemed more than fine in all those instances. As you said, pleased with herself.

I can attest to this on a personal level. There was much work, discussion, and preparation for confronting a situation your mind found so traumatic it blocked it out.

I agree. Also, please tell me that the jury will know that just b/c they choose M1 that she doesn't HAVE to get the DP. Isn't that right? I feel like that is why CA didn't get convicted b/c the jury didn't understand that it didn't necessarily mean death. Am I off on this?

In Arizona, isn't it up to the jury if she gets the death penalty or not? Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Here's our good friend Mr. Gus Searcy on TV being sued by his daughter. Jodi knew him at this time.

OMG what a find! I knew he had a rap sheet. :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I'm more attached to this case than the Casey Anthony one although I followed that one from day 1. I said I would NEVER get sucked into another trial and here I am....

Anyway here is a link to a little more information on the wonderful JM. Someone posted it here a few weeks ago.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/1999-07-01/feature/wake-up-call/2/

Well for Casey's trial I was out of work on a medical so watched the whole damn thing except when I was at the doctor. I too said I would never watch another one. But alas I find myself checking into here and putting on the TV after chores when I get home from work as this trial runs later EST.
Today my boss is out at a conference and I feel like doing crap. So here I am.
I will read your link now, thanks again.

Yes, I agree. There comes a point when you realize the only way to stop the madness is to stop it yourself. Something happened that caused him to be so angry he was willing to stand up and be counted and stop the madness. He probably felt like she was a state away, he was not in a dangerous situation.

There are realities here though. TA came froma childhood where parents were drug addicts and so on. He probably held on a lot longer than someone without his background. Children growing up in these types of situations have a tendency to take more, just to keep things happy and 'normal'. There were demons that I am sure that TA fought just like anyone else. Along with some physical abuse that he went through with his siblings. I know that most siblings who go through these types of situations are very tight. And being an older sibling, TA possibly felt more like a 'father' figure to them than a brother and they towards him.

The bottom line is that there is no way she can even possibly convince this jury that she didn't play him like a fine tuned fiddle. Most abusers can sense what the weaknesses are in another person and USE them to their benefit. And she did. Maybe that last text he did too. She used him to keep him and he used it to get away.

IMHO

Kelly

:tyou: :goodpost:

Maybe it's just me, but since JM finished handing the "Dr." his @ss on a platter, his testimony is pointless, useless, a waste of time, money and breath. After all the boo-boos, typos, left my notes at home, don't have the original test that goes with the answers, test scoring gaffaws...( I could go on )....his words are meaningless and laughable to me.

That's exactly what I was thinking of this morning. What a complete waste of time. The DT should be ashamed of themselves for taking up valuable court time with this "doctor's" testimony.

The DT knew what Samuels was going to say. I feel bad for the State having to waste their time and resources on this guy. I feel bad for the jury having to sit there and listen to this for days.

Unfortunately Willmott and Nurmi both do not know when to cut bait and call it a day. Everybody will have to listen to her rehash the fog yet again.

The only thing that came out of this is that it made the DT look like fools and helped stick that needle in JA's arm.

:seeya: Don't know if this has been answered yet, but trial is scheduled for 1 pm Arizona time; I didn't see the end of Wilmott's redirect so didn't hear whether she was finished or not; don't think Juan is allowed up again, and there are apparently plenty of jury questions.

I would imagine they worked hard last night to try and redeem Mr. Samuels with some type of re-cross today. If she does it will probably look as if she is trying to do just that, cover for his errors. I do think it is a waste of time and would just rehash the fact of how bad he did under JM. JM gets another chance to ask Samuels a question when the jury asks their questions so whatever JW tries to do today will probably be lost after the jury questions.

That journal entry of Jodi's about being upset with Travis with his comment about families and getting married upset Jodi. Her eyes were set in that black, lifeless stare she does when she is about to come unglued. To me it appeared JW reached over to hold Jodi's arm while JM was reading that excerpt from her journal. She did not like it at all. If that is what JM was doing they need to put a guard close to her and not across the courtroom. The jail must have some concerns about her behavior or she would not be wearing a shock belt. It could also be why we see her put that pill in her mouth, to calm her down. jmo

Really? He scheduled something else on a date he knew he may have a court obligation? I'm shocked, he seemed so professional. :facepalm:

He's probably at Denny's right now reading a romance novel while scarfing his grand slam.

Not Samuels. The next witness, LaViolette. Unless of course they aren't finished with him today. Who knows....

I agree. Also, please tell me that the jury will know that just b/c they choose M1 that she doesn't HAVE to get the DP. Isn't that right? I feel like that is why CA didn't get convicted b/c the jury didn't understand that it didn't necessarily mean death. Am I off on this?

Based on the post trial interviews CA Trial, the jurors did not seem to understand jury instructions especially: 1) their duties during deliberations; 2) what the definition of circumstantial case.

It seemed the jurors decided it was their duty to determine what was evidence and not evidence. That was not their duty. That was determine at pre-trial by the judge. Their duty was determine there was enough evidence "beyond a reasonable doubt."

JMHO

Listening to yesterdays' testimony and as I hear the papers rummaging through my ear buds, all I can think is Nutty Professor!!

I'm sorry if this has been posted before. Another little clip of JM in the Scott Falater trial. Scott was convicted of murder in the first degree.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk2Gs9r-mvY"]Scott Falater sleepwalking defense.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

Based on the post trial interviews CA Trial, the jurors did not seem to understand jury instructions especially: 1) their duties during deliberations; 2) what the definition of circumstantial case.

It seemed the jurors decided it was their duty to determine what was evidence and not evidence. That was not their duty. That was determine at pre-trial by the judge. Their duty was determine there was enough evidence "beyond a reasonable doubt."

JMHO

The more you guys talk about that trial the more I'm glad I never followed it.

omg judge judy?? what was he being sued for :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I read this DV experts online resume yesterday and she seems to be a bit of a professional expert witness, LOTS of court cases listed with her as expert witness
I watched one of her videos yesterday and immediately I was reminded of one our high school gym teachers who everyone nicknamed "Butch" ....

That is usually what happens in domestic violence situations. The victim will finally reach their limit of what they can tolerate. There will come a point in time when they have had enough of the abuse then have the courage to make a strong stand against their abuser.

And sadly we have seen many times it can wind up with the victim losing their lives just like Travis lost his when he flat out told her he had had enough of her abuse and psychotic ways.:(

IMO

I agree! I wrote a series of articles on DV for a local newspaper. What strikes me here is that the power and control rested with JA, not TA. She exhibits all the signs of an abuser. HE was the one in fear. He sent that text because she was 1000 miles away. I seriously doubt he would have said those words to her in person. He would have been too frightened.

I don't think he had sex and took those photos with JA that day bc he was weak and needed "it." He did it because he was SCARED not to. He just wanted to get away from her, but, essentially, he was a prisoner in his own home. Did she hold him hostage with a gun to his head? No. But she wouldn't leave and he thought he could handle her the way he always had and deal with the fallout later. Only, there was no later.

I also don't think JA was happy when she picked up that camera and saw TA had deleted all of their "tryst" photos. She thought he would keep them. For her, THAT was significant. He didn't want her or any record of her being in Mesa, either. She'd gone to a lot of trouble and pulled out all the stops, down to the braids. And it wasn't enough. He was ACTUALLY leaving her-physically AND emotionally. HE was ending it. No other boyfriend had done that.

There is a good case of emotional and sexual abuse here, but it wasn't TA doing the abusing. It was JA. The defense expert will talk a lot about the cycle of violence and escalation, etc. But she will NOT convince me that the victim of DV was anybody but TA. He finally worked up the courage to end it. And she killed him. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix