trial day 51: REBUTTAL; #157

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something's wrong here. *advertiser censored* for a 30 year old man, alleged to be a sexual deviant would be as common as ESPN & Facebook, right?

if TA was such a perv as they are making him out to be..he would have a internet history of visiting *advertiser censored* sites.. P2P (peer to peer) programs, external hard drives, Data DVD and CDs, and commercially owned DVD and video tapes all over his home.

Travis's only flaw was meeting Jodi and bringing her into his life and even with that. As much mental angish she put him through, the type of man he was..he tried to see the good in people, unfortunately this was one evil person that would never be good for him

Juan could have done a better redirect. Like ask Deanna Reid if she has rape fantasies, if she ever violated Travis's privacy by snooping in his cell phone, if she ever intentionally gained unauthorized access to his facebook account, etc.

The above explains why the relationship was different. Jodi is a sexual deviant and abuser. Deanna is not.

Juan is brilliant with his words and knows that short and to the point is what is needed. He knows just the right words to say and how to get his point across quickly. TOO MANY WORDS get lost in translation.

So, I highly disagree.

All Nurmi today. Not a peep from Wilmott. Even when we win we lose. IYKWIM

WTH Guys? Do we need to lock the thread? I posted a huge warning this morning and already everyone has forgotten it? Don't let your emotions get the better of you. Walk away for a bit, if necessary, because I am issuing TO about as fast as I can read NO NAME CALLING - MEANS NO NAME CALLING.

Salem

I am putting myself on a time out before you have to....

JA looked up at Deanna when JM asked her if Travis had a pet, she answered yes, he said where is the pet now, she said she has the dog.

That's the only time I saw JA look up at Deanna.

I think I had some Divine Intervention.....I lost all internet connections during KN's turn at DR.... Kept me from making some huge mistakes.... I've learned, when I'm really upset, I just remember....READING is FUNdamental :) And sitting on your hands will not make them turn blue and fall off :)

I have extra duct tape if you need :seeya:

I am glad that KCL was NOT in the courthouse for Nurmi's disgusting cross exam. We would probably be taking up a collection to bail her out of jail. :what:

Hearing the testimony from the other women in Travis' personal life just shows that JA was the deviant and the one who coaxed Travis into straying from his beliefs. Travis did do wrong, but he did not initiate it.

And thusly, a "different kind of relationship". imo.

I'm shocked that JA didn't deliberately infect TA's computer with *advertiser censored* and pedophilia. She must have been losing her touch!
May I recommend a good book? Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn explains a lot about the JA and relationships. I read it yesterday waiting for trial today; could not put it down.

My God, you're crazier than Jodi. The a/c is set to a cool 72 degrees in the Schuby residence. I don't care what month it is.

I'm a frugal frittata too! Last Fall, it had to go down to 28 three nights in a row before I'd turn the heat on LOLOLOL I make a nickel squeeeeee! :floorlaugh:

I hardly think that was necessary. The jurors have brains.

ITA!

Juan did it perfectly! It was a great re-direct and I loved the indignation in his voice that she was asked such vile questions by the KN..

I bet that jury is ticked that Nurmi stooped so low. Deanna was a great witness. She wasn't combative but came across as honest, forthright, and a very nice person.

IMO

OMG....just watched replay of Nurmi throwing in that very last NASTY CRUEL comment to Dana as he asked her that mean question whether she knew Travis said that teaching would be a mistake to the other girl. Nurmi then throws in this comment....

"Different Relationship I Guess"

That whole last exchange was just CRUEL + MEAN + DISGUSTING. It served no purpose except to try and upset her. I am pizzed off at Nurmi for that one. Good Grief. :(

I hope that kind of crap isn't lost on the Jury.

Oh the irony - Travis' computer had no *advertiser censored*, but all of ours are now filled with them thanks to one nasty azz defendant!!!!!

:floorlaugh::scared::floorlaugh::drumroll:

Yeah! Yeah! That's my excuse too!! :blushing:

Drug addiction is a brain disease. It does not exclude love and compassion. Those addicted to drugs and alcohol deserve our love and compassion, our help and support and are very capable of giving in return.

Very clearly, TA's parents loved him and his siblings and were not abusive toward them as they struggled with their own issues in private.

This lovely Deanna also struggled with her own issues together with TA - but in private as a mature and loving adult. I have tremendous respect for her.

There is a special place in H-E-double hockey sticks for people like Alyce L. and Nurmi. I have nothing but contempt and disgust for them. And, Nurmi knows it too, because when he sat down he exhaled visibly a number of times.

May Nurmi go home tonight and look at himself squarely in the mirror and ponder.

:goodpost:

I have said this many a times. I am near sighted. I take my dang glasses off to read! I only need them to drive and see things from afar. It is blurry when I try to read with them on!
I'm mildly nearsighted, however I prefer wearing contacts to glasses. Recently started having trouble reading small print and mentioned it to my eye doctor when I went in for my last exam. She used a vision correction method called monovision after a series of tests to determine my dominant eye (everyone uses one eye more than the other). In my case, my right eye turned out to be the dominant one. I was fitted with a distance lens in my right eye and a near lens in my non-dominant left eye. Amazing results! Now I have clear vision both distance and near, and I don't need to use reading glasses to read a newspaper, menu, book, magazine. I heard that this solution doesn't work for everyone, but I'm sure glad it did for me. Sorry for the Nurmi-like diversion!

My heart is broken. I cannot believe that Nurmi just did that to Deanna. I don't know how she stayed so strong. Are you all feeling as sad as I am right now.

Travis' siblings crying is just destroying me so much. I don't think I will be able to watch Nurmi's Closing. It will really do me in.
I think there is something so special about Travis' family it makes it so easy to tuck them into our hearts and want to make it better for them. I've watched so, so many trials and only the Rocha family has come so close - almost like they're an extension of my family too. I want justice meted as they see fit, for them, I want them to have the peace of remembering how Travis could make them laugh instead of the muck a desperate defense is conjuring daily.

Since literally Day Two of personally following this case, before the trial even started, everything I could find online to recount Travis as a human being was at odds with the portrait Jodi was painting. I couldn't find evidence of what I know to be consistent with him being an abuser. Jodi's actions, as a victim of intimate partner violence, niggled at me too. There was something 'off' and I just couldn't help but question her claims.

I've been waiting so, so long for someone who loved Travis to be his voice and emote the person I spent weeks learning about many months ago. I am so grateful to Deanna for sharing him with us, with the jury. Travis is watching over them now - I have to believe that.

Now that's we've moved on from Jodi and we learn the truth about Travis, this case is even more devastating to me, just an observer. In this day and age, Travis is a rare find. A true gentlemen, and a kind heart. Deanna really brought that home today and it's truly heartbreaking to imagine the loss of those who loved him.

Wilmott and Jodie are very distracting,I hope the jury has an eye on them.

I think JW's on Babysitter duty today. These witnesses were getting under JA's disgusting skin and it showed. JA will explode in front of this jury, and now it's just a matter of when. The Killer is on a S-L-O-W simmer...stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean