trial day 51: REBUTTAL; #157

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dummy/no sku number question asked by the jury actually caught my attention: I don't know if it's true that there is a pro-JA juror or if that juror is paying extra attention to details. Before hearing this question, I don't know anything about dummy sku number.
That particular question sounded like a crossing all Ts dotting all Is type to me AND it enabled Juan to further drive home the point that nothing can be returned without assigning a SKU to it.

I had to be nosey and peek @ HLN livefeed to see what they were saying. I totally missed what Beth Karas said about this morning's witnesses. Oh well, HLN will play it 50 more times before the night is over. I had forgotten how overly excited Vinnie gets at times and his voice scared the crap out of me when he first came on. Can u imagine living with Vinnie and JVM? My eardrums would explode.

Depending on the system, it was probably loop survelance. Meaning a determined number of days on file then it is overwritten with new video. Usually 30 to 45 days. By the time JA told her whole story I imagine there is little video anywhere of anything.

K

In the case of major retailers, there are thousands of lawsuits brought against them each year -- the defense cost of which has to be built into the cost of goods sold, but I digress -- and judges often order digital data retention and archival in numerous cases, especially class-actions.

We know that LE had the California WMT and SLC, UT Tesoro receipts in their possession immediately upon executing the Yreka search warrant(s) upon JA's July 15, 2008 arrest, less than 45 days after the purchases -- and non-return.

They would not have known about the WMT return claim until long afterward, when she concocted her 1,176th or whichever number lie it actually was.

But no excuse on the Tesoro video, unless Tesoro just didn't have it.

I'd rather not say what WMT did or didn't have during the 2008 time period and prior.

From the look and demeanor of both Wilmott and Nurmi today, I think they have finally realized this is over. Defeat is just screaming out of their pores

What a nice girl Deanna is. I have a soft place in my heart for anyone who goes into special education, unlike ALV I can admit my bias since my sweet son has Down syndrome.

Last night I went to the online book filled with condolences for Travis and was absolutely awestruck by the quality of individuals his life had touched- page after page after page.

I consider myself to be a nice person, with a kind and generous heart, I have a wonderful group of friends, but I have to say I am almost 48 years old and have never had the impact on people like Travis did in such a very short life.

This world was a better place with him in it. Justice is coming for a very good man murdered at the hands of a horrible, unspeakable person. Jodi Arias didn't deserve to breathe the same air as Travis.

I hope his goodness haunts her until the day she gets the needle. It cannot come soon enough for my liking.

Oh, Frigga -- What sweet & wonderful words for Travis -- I am going to boldly say that you have just spoken for so many of us about him. And bless you for being so loving towards special ed teachers -- Down children and adults are so very sweet & loving, that they deserve for their feelings to be returned in kind. And you are special, too, for loving your son in the special way that he needs and smiles bi-i-i-i-ig about! They are a joy.

Thanks for speaking of TA so wonderfully for all of us!
icon14.gif

Well, barring a sur-surrebuttal from the DT, does it look like we won't have to cancel our 4th of July BBQ's due to the trial being ongoing? Oh MY!

I wouldn't cancel my bbq ... EVER! I was on a roller coaster when the CA verdict came in :giggle: (got the alert on my cell phone after I left the ride and then had to head to a baseball game)

I have to say, so far I'm glad to see Nurmi back up. A Tuesday morning nightmare would not have been a good way to start this week

I thought the Walmart witness and the Tescoro witness made their bosses proud today. Articulate lovely smart women. Such a contrast from the doodling defendant.

It sounded to me like someone on the jury has experience with merchandise and SKU numbers and was verifying that the Walmart lady had taken other possibilities into account. In other words, the juror wanted confirmation the gas can was not returned using a dummy SKU.

The Walmart lady clearly understood and said nope, NOT.

imo

I thought that was a great question! It gave JM the chance to really get the Walmart witness to say that no gas can was returned at all. Not even with a dummy SKU. I'd rather jurors ask tough question now so that JM can clear up any misunderstanding than have them asking the question while deliberating lol.

KathieLee65 ‏@kathielee65 4m

@vinniepolitan The only reason #jodiarias is crying is bc she looks good in those pics/video & UGLY now.

----

Definitely possible

---

JU̶̲̥̅£ε̲̣̣̣̥S̶̲̥̅Iε ‏@Julesrome 5m

Weird feeling Travis feels alive to me through this testimony & feels dead though jodi's @MikeGalanosHLN #JodiArias #JodiJury #@HLNTV

So true

Vinnie may be absolutely right. I wondered why she was so sad. It wasn't for Travis. It was for herself. Can someone put the screenshot on here during the cross-eyed sobbing?

Absolutely - some who even just witness domestic violence become abusers and victims. LaViolette stated 100% of abusers were also abused. That's an over-statement and many who are abused could never, would never, perpetuate their pain.

snip

I agree, a gross overstatement. What I do believe is 100% of Abusers on Trial "say" they were abused.

:)

Vinnie may be absolutely right. I wondered why she was so sad. It wasn't for Travis. It was for herself. Can someone put the screenshot on here during the cross-eyed sobbing?
Kathielee said that to Vinnie. Which sobbing are you talking about - when the ME is on or from today?

So for the sake of argument if the defense gets a sur rebuttal... Will the prosecution get a sur sur rebuttal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, sur or No, sur -- which izzit?!

In honor of Walmart helping to send JA to death row, I will be purchasing a gas can this weekend.

he always thinks its a good day for the defense. i tend to mute it when he talks. he makes me wanna :banghead:

Is that the same defense guy that just claimed on HLN that Jodi needed all that gas to get across the desert?

The Jury NOW Knows That NURMI and JODI LIED TO THEM!!! Now they know they can't TRUST anything the DEFENSE TELLS THEM!!!!

Me too. HLN has shown this video many times. i wonder why the entire clip wasn't shown in court with the part when Jodi sits up looking sleepy and bored.

Because the DT knew the Jury would have figured out Jodi told Travis' story about having a gun to his head from being robbed as her own story with the Ninjas when she murdered Travis to either Inside Edition or 48 Hours. Psycho steals everyone's life experiences and she tortured Travis with his.

Too prejudicial, I guess. :banghead:

does anyone know if there is court this Friday-TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members