trial thread: 3/7/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
RaffertyLFP:

Crown said he want to avoid "emotional overload" from McClintics testimony, says trial ahead of schedule anyway [via Twitter]

Adrian Morrow ‏ @AdrianMorrow
Defence lawyer Dirk Derstine and judge agree -- Terri-Lynn McClintic will testify next week, starting Tuesday. #ToriStafford

#Rafferty - on Monday crown said Tara would talk about the last morning she spent with Tori.

by citycynthia via twitter 2:12 PM

#Rafferty - Tori's mother called to the stand. She told me earlier she was nervous.

by citycynthia via twitter 2:12 PM

#Rafferty - jury entering room. Trial resuming.

by citycynthia via twitter 2:11 PM

spacer.gif

Rafferty trial Day 3
(03/07/2012)
2:10
RaffertyLFP:

Trial will continue with testimony by Tara McDonald, a couple of police officers and then adjourn until next week [via Twitter]

Tara McDonald is up now.

I do wonder if they will get into why she was considered a suspect. Remember that limo ride to the Sheraton where the stranger gave her a baggie of his abducted child's hair? That was so bizarre.

http://www.cancrime.com/2009/05/18/tara-mcdonalds-limo-ride-and-the-laws-of-evidence/

that was bizarre but they were desperate for any help...

i know she's a tough cookie but hope the defense doesn't go after her for things she could have done differently that horrible day. if not tori, it likely would have been some other family here today.

#Rafferty - tara married rodney when she was 17, had two children. Darren and Tori.

by citycynthia via twitter 2:14 PM

She and Rodney separated when she was 23; she had custody of both children.

that was bizarre but they were desperate for any help...

i know she's a tough cookie but hope the defense doesn't go after her for things she could have done differently that horrible day. if not tori, it likely would have been some other family here today.

It is a double-edged sword for the defense, IMO.

If their strategy is to try and cast blame at TLM and TM for the abduction, then, they will have no choice but to attack TM.

On the other hand, TM is Victoria's mother. This strategy could possibly backfire, and make the jury more sympathetic to TM, and go against what the defense is attempting to accomplish.

There are alot of "if's" here, and time will tell.

I feel very badly for TM. It must be excruciating for her to do this.

JMO

Starting with Tara McDonald's background. She married Rodney Stafford at age 17, son was born in 1998; Tori on July 15, 2000.

Tara McDonald had just moved from Fyfe Ave into her new home on Frances Street a week before Tori's disappearance.

@CityCynthia
Cynthia Mulligan
#Rafferty - Tara composed. Short answers. Rafferty watching closely, very still.

#Rafferty - Tara pointing out her house on an aerial photo.

by citycynthia via twitter 2:18 PM

#Rafferty - Tara composed. Short answers. Rafferty watching closely, very still.

by citycynthia via twitter 2:17 PM

#Rafferty - crown being very gentle in his questioning.

by citycynthia via twitter 2:17 PM

#Rafferty - she was in a 3 year relationship at time tori abducted.

by citycynthia via twitter 2:15 PM

#Rafferty - marriage ended when tara was 23, she is now 33. Children were in her custody.

by citycynthia via twitter 2:15 PM

Maybe the other address on Fyfe that Derstine asked the last witness about is where they lived BEFORE the address on Francis street?

Talking about her drug use. She says she started taking it in 2005.

#Rafferty - tara said it was causing problems, expensive, losing weight. She went to a meth clinic for help.

by citycynthia via twitter 2:22 PM

#Rafferty - crown asks tara about drug use. She says she started taking illegal oxycontin in 2005. Made her feel happy and relaxed.

by citycynthia via twitter 2:22 PM

#Rafferty - Tara said her children walked to school.

by citycynthia via twitter 2:21 PM

"It became an expensive habit. My health was failing, I had lost a large amount of weight. I needed to get cleaned up," she says.

an 80 ml pill of OxyContin every day.

She went to Woodstock's methadone clinic to clean up, her drug use was tapering off, but #ToriStafford's disappearance caused her to take

Read bottom up

#Rafferty - now she doesn't need to go back to clinic, says she's doing really well.

by citycynthia via twitter 2:24 PM

#Rafferty - was using 80 M pill a day during searches for Tori.

by citycynthia via twitter 2:24 PM

#Rafferty - when tori abducted she started using oxy daily again.

by citycynthia via twitter 2:23 PM

#Rafferty - tara said she slowed down use of oxy extensively but not totally by time of abduction. Very hard to stop use.

by citycynthia via twitter 2:23 PM

#Rafferty - tara says she went to McClintic's on 2 occasions to purchase oxycontin

by citycynthia via twitter 2:25 PM

#Rafferty - says she knew mcclintic. First time met her end of Jan before abduction.

by citycynthia via twitter 2:25 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member