TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 #6

Did Kyle or his girlfriend talk to BL after the 911 call? Or was it just texting? My memory says they spoke, but I am going to have to go look!

Last edited:
I agree. I distinctly hear gunshots near the end of the 911 call (they don't sound the same over electronic transmission as they sound in person....the microphones just can't catch the power of a gunshot). I've thought, since I first heard that recording, that he was murdered.

Why else would he "need a cop"?

He called 911 after he tried to call Ladessa and called his brother and the girlfriend to bring him fuel, from what I can recall. So I'm with you, why then call 911? I also agree with Nannymo, he was not hallucinating, he was in distress.

I know he called 911 after he called Ladessa and Kyle, but did he speak to anyone after the 911 call? Or did he text Kyle's girlfriend. I remember always wondering why he didn't tell KL he had called 911.

If he was shot on the 911 call, someone was texting to the girlfriend. I am having trouble finding my timeline!

OK-I found it....
BL calls 911 at 12:50, he calls his neighbor at 12:57 and then calls Kyle's girlfriend at 1:19AM. This is when he supposedly tells her he is ten minutes up the road and bleeding.
That is 30 minutes after the 911 call, so I don't think he was shot during the 911 call or he would have told her he was shot. I guess he could have been shot tho and it took awhile to become incapacitated. I am just puzzled as to why they could not locate him that night. I hope we get some answers soon.

My personal opinion is foul play. I know I sound like a broken record, but the 911 call has another persons voice at the end. That is what makes me know someone else is there.

And yes, I know a lot of people think he was hallucinating, or he had his mouth turned away from the phone, but you are going to have to have more than just I think to convince me. I have listened to that 911 call hundreds of times and I know I hear another person say "yes" (like someone heavy is sitting on his chest) at the very moment Brandon says "No...I need the cops". I just cannot let it go and un-hear it. I am sorry.

My personal feeling is someone really did chase him out of San Angelo for some reason, caught up to him when he ran out of gas and they killed him. I always thought they took his remains with them and he was far away. I am so hoping they can find some evidence of foul play. I personally don't think he was hallucinating. JMO

I've always thought the same as you also. Sadly since there weren't really any confirmed "clues" so to speak, I personally I think he was chased from Walmart and someone was with him during the call. And I hate we don't have the actual recording of the 911 call because I know that a second hand recording doesn't translate clearly. In the end I do think it was foul play and sadly we will never know.

Edited for wording clarification

OK-I found it....
BL calls 911 at 12:50, he calls his neighbor at 12:57 and then calls Kyle's girlfriend at 1:19AM. This is when he supposedly tells her he is ten minutes up the road and bleeding.
That is 30 minutes after the 911 call, so I don't think he was shot during the 911 call or he would have told her he was shot. I guess he could have been shot tho and it took awhile to become incapacitated. I am just puzzled as to why they could not locate him that night. I hope we get some answers soon.

He could also have taken off running after the call/shots, and been caught and shot later.

My daughter went to school in San Angelo. She lived in San Angelo after college and started her family. We live in Abilene. We have been to and from there hundreds of times and we NEVER leave San Angelo before we check our gas to make sure we have enough to get home on because gas stations are few and far between.....especially late at night.
Also, BL went by at least 2 convenience stores with gas when he left town. He only went about 20 miles before he ran out of gas. That means he was sitting on empty when he left San Angelo.
It only makes sense that he was being chased out of town or something when he left San Angelo. I know the Walmart story was a rumor, but I wonder too if there was an altercation there earlier in the evening.
Hopefully there will be some answers since he has been located.
Thank you Jason Watts for never giving up.

Has anyone seen results of an autopsy? Jason has not posted on here in awhile....I wonder what they have found out? Does anyone know how to find autopsy results online? Was what remains they found taken to Ft. Worth or do we know? I wish we could hear about a cause of death.

I hope this is allowed. I have not watched it yet. From the Help Find Brandon Lawson page May 4. Based on comments there are no results yet.

279 // Brandon Lawson's Likely Recovery - Live @ Crime Con '22​

The Help Find Brandon Lawson page on FB has his family wearing a hard hat in his honor today. It also mentions that they hope they find out the DNA results soon.

The Help Find Brandon Lawson page on FB has his family wearing a hard hat in his honor today. It also mentions that they hope they find out the DNA results soon.
How the heck do they not have DNA??

I can not say enough about this podcast/video’s content. I haven’t been able to watch until now.

If you’ve followed this case, listen to it!!!

@Jason Watts your efforts are beyond commendable. It’s amazing to me (based on what we knew publicly) that the property owners were so willing to allow you to search. But Bronte is so small, like Ladessa pointed out. They wouldn’t have probably known about Brandon’s case.

Bless Dylan too. And the people who found Brandon’s shoe…then camo shorts. I can’t imagine what the group of you felt then. Your team was unstoppable.

I can not say enough about this podcast/video’s content. I haven’t been able to watch until now.

If you’ve followed this case, listen to it!!!

@Jason Watts your efforts are beyond commendable. It’s amazing to me (based on what we knew publicly) that the property owners were so willing to allow you to search. But Bronte is so small, like Ladessa pointed out. They wouldn’t have probably known about Brandon’s case.

Bless Dylan too. And the people who found Brandon’s shoe…then camo shorts. I can’t imagine what the group of you felt then. Your team was unstoppable.
Why wouldn't they be willing? If I could relieve the suffering of a family who is missing their loved one, I would do so in a heartbeat.

Why wouldn't they be willing? If I could relieve the suffering of a family who is missing their loved one, I would do so in a heartbeat.
Are you from the U.S.? We have a lot of people here who are deeply suspicious of the government; they wouldn't cooperate with any government initiative in any way. (There are people who refuse to respond to the census, people who refuse to pay taxes or get social security numbers for their kids, etc.) There are even some who wouldn't hesitate to shoot any government agent who set foot on their property.

Ones who are that extreme might be rare, but there are quite a few who fall in between that group and "normal." I don't know whether that's the situation with these particular property owners, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back