TX - David Tuck & Keith Turner for beating, sodomizing 16yo, Spring, 2006

The Turner statement is very moving. It's sad but sometimes you can't save your children, you can't protect and shelter them and keep them from harm, and you can't prevent their actions. And not all the love and money in the world can undo the harm that they do. It's time these children who so much want to be an adult are treated like adults...and pay the consequences, be they a mature 12 yr. old or an immature 18 yr old. Sometimes, cruel and sad though it sounds, we need to remove this vermin from existence.

Well it would be darn near impossible for the parents to claim their children were innocent. I am sure an attorney helped phase and issue that statement for them. They would have to know that they were being looked at under a microscope to see if the family had a history of racial violence so I see their statement more as damage control.

cammy-g said:
Well it would be darn near impossible for the parents to claim their children were innocent. I am sure an attorney helped phase and issue that statement for them. They would have to know that they were being looked at under a microscope to see if the family had a history of racial violence so I see their statement more as damage control.

That very well could be But in the last few months 3 teenage boys together gunned down 1 of the boys own parents in plot for money and the 2 set of parent who were not killed claimed and up and down all over every news station here that would listen..."Our sons are innocent they had no part in this, they would never do such a thing Bla Bla Bla"....alll this when all 3 boys gave a full confession when arrested a few hours ofter the brutal murders.

So maybe it was damage control and maybe not but either way I would rather here that if it were my child who had been attacked then them on the news claiming innocence for the children and having no part in it etc.

It sounds like these parents recognized their son's problems and did their best to get help for him. Unfortunately, peer pressure usually carries more weight with teenagers than does parental approval. I'm sure the family members of the perp are shocked and saddened by what he did. I can't imagine the anguish I'd feel knowing my child attacked and harmed another human being that savagely.

The one bit that strikes me as odd is that phrase "We also did not feel that forcing him onto society to be dealt with was an option either. Our attemps were to keep that type of burden from happening." - just me, or does that sound like, "We tried to cover up his earlier crimes, keep him out of societies justice system, because we thought we could reform him ourselves"? I can understand doing that, but obviously it was a mistake, the kid needed more of a shock than his parents could provide.

Details said:
The one bit that strikes me as odd is that phrase "We also did not feel that forcing him onto society to be dealt with was an option either. Our attemps were to keep that type of burden from happening." - just me, or does that sound like, "We tried to cover up his earlier crimes, keep him out of societies justice system, because we thought we could reform him ourselves"? I can understand doing that, but obviously it was a mistake, the kid needed more of a shock than his parents could provide.
I took as more of a...... yeah would could have given him to a foster home or made him a ward of the state to be dealt with and have the system be responsible for his actions because they just are too much for us to handle but instead they insisted on doing whatever it took to keep him in their home and try to deal with the problems. I could be wrong........just how I took it

MistyGirl said:
I took as more of a...... yeah would could have given him to a foster home or made him a ward of the state to be dealt with and have the system be responsible for his actions because they just are too much for us to handle but instead they insisted on doing whatever it took to keep him in their home and try to deal with the problems. I could be wrong........just how I took it
I took this as "we didn't just want to throw him out on the streets to continue being a detriment to society, so we kept him home to guide him into making better choices."

MistyGirl said:
Yeah mistygirl, that's how I took it also.

MistyGirl said:

Yup, that's exactly what I think. When he was in trouble before, they could have kicked him out and made him a ward of the state. They didn't do that. They tried their best to get him help. Unfortuntely, as someone else said, temptation down another road led him to where he is today.

I'd like more info on the other kid's family. I did see a quote from the mother saying she has received threats, etc. too, but no mention of a father. If this kid was going around saying "heil" to everyone and displaying Hitler-type stuff around and on the house, where were the parents during all this?

So many questions... :mad:

I am reluctant to condemn the parents.

It took courage to make their statement and truth be told you don't just turn your kids over to the state.
They make you feel like SHYT and I think a good loving parent would avoid that if they believe its at all possable.
I think it would be hard to judge as a parent raising a child. Maybe the signs others see you miss being so close to the situation.
Or maybe they were to lenient and spoiled him and had no clue how to deal with the monster they created?
Its rare we see parents make such a statement in a crime.

cammy-g said:

You would be amazed at how many parents attempt the impossible. We have parents all the time in our school (and others I know of) who look us in the eye and say, "You must be lying. My child would not do that" when we have just told the parent we physically observed the child doing just that.

Timothy McVeigh's (the Oklahoma City bomber) mother said in reponse to comments about her son, "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

I do like the way these parents put ownership back on their son for what he did. "He made bad choices."

At some point, no matter what a parent does or doesn't do, it does come down to a 17 year old making his own choices.

A man accused of savagely beating a Hispanic youth in Spring last month was one of three skinheads who took part in an ethnically motivated attack on a Hispanic man three years ago, according to case records, the victim and a woman who witnessed the incident.

David Tuck, then 14 years old, and two adult men beat the victim as one or more of the attackers shouted "dirty Mexican," "border jumper," "spic," and "we kill people like you," according to court records and the victim.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/3836597.html

Also heard on the news this morning part of an interview Tuck gave. He says that the girl (the 12 year old) told he and Turner that the victim had sex on her and that he and Turner were high on drugs when the beating took place. I can't find any links to that part yet.

Jules said:
A man accused of savagely beating a Hispanic youth in Spring last month was one of three skinheads who took part in an ethnically motivated attack on a Hispanic man three years ago, according to case records, the victim and a woman who witnessed the incident.

David Tuck, then 14 years old, and two adult men beat the victim as one or more of the attackers shouted "dirty Mexican," "border jumper," "spic," and "we kill people like you," according to court records and the victim.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/3836597.html

Also heard on the news this morning part of an interview Tuck gave. He says that the girl (the 12 year old) told he and Turner that the victim had sex on her and that he and Turner were high on drugs when the beating took place. I can't find any links to that part yet.

I don't know what "had sex on her" means - can anyone help?

Jules said:
Ahhhh, that'd be 'with' her. :blushing: :eek:

Phew!

i try to keep on top of American jargon, but that one has bypassed me! :bang:

Wow I completely read it correctly the first time around, I did not notice the ON in place of with and was dumbfounded by Floh's original comment but realize that I overlooked the word ON.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

cammy-g said:
Wow I completely read it correctly the first time around, I did not notice the ON in place of with and was dumbfounded by Floh's original comment but realize that I overlooked the word ON.

I did the same thing. I usually read my posts before I hit 'send' and never noticed it either. I had to reread when I saw Floh's post as well. :D

Ah, well, never claimed to be perfect. ;)

Tuck's version of events:

It's the first time David Henry Tuck has spoken with the media since he and a friend were charged with brutally beating and sodomizing a 16-year-old boy. Keith Turner didn't want to talk to us, but Tuck did. He blames what happened on all the drugs he took that night.

From behind bars at the Harris County Jail, Tuck is remorseful and even emotional. Our visit was on the seventh floor. With his hands cuffed behind his back, he shed two tears.

"I'm sitting here crying, worried about my mother, that she's going to be harmed," he told us.

The 18-year-old knows what he's accused of is heinous. Investigators say in a backyard in Spring, he and Turner not only beat a 17-year-old boy nearly to death, but also sodomized him with a plastic pipe and all because the Hispanic victim kissed a 12-year-old girl.

But that's not the story Tuck tells. He says by the time he and his friends got to the house, he was drunk from vodka and high from Xanax, cocaine and marijuana. He had heard the 12-year-old girl had been raped, not just kissed. So he and Turner attacked.

"When you tell people who are on drugs something like that (the rape), you're going to fight," said Tuck.

He goes on to say, "Xanax to me is like a demon. It takes control of me."

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=local&id=4137770

He cried two whole tears, huh? What a prince! And all because he was worried about his ma'ma. What a great son. Who could ask for any better. I hope the creep is locked up for life. I'm confused though about those who say that this is a death penalty case. If the victim lives, it won't be.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back