TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beats me, other than the dogs were taken there. Odd to me!

According to City Manager Kampfer, search dogs picked up a few scent spots indicative of Hailey’s presence near the Western Suites hotel off I-20, just a few blocks from Hailey’s home.

Kampfer says the scents were detected after law enforcement brought the dogs to several locations, not by following any sort of “trail” to the hotel.
http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23234

Ah, thank you very much for the link. I understand now how strange that the dog picked up Hailey's scent there. Of course, as a parent I'd want to watch those tapes. Parents and Family can often recognize the very posture of their family member easier than LE strangers can.

Not sure if this is even allowed so if I don't get an answer I will know.
How far apart were HD and her brother? I know 13-and 16? I was wanting to know like How many months... 27? 33? I'm sure their dates of birth are a violation. I am not sleuthing the brother. Just trying to place when the marriage of BD and CD occurred in the mix.
~if not allowed mods please delete or notify me and I will! thx
android posted please excuse typos!

So this hotel was the newest built? And the closest to HD's home?
Just the facy that it was new would be attractive to teens seeking free wi-fi.
BUT just after Christmas, money does.burn holes in "some" teens pockets so a fast food joint or coffee shop seems more likely to me. but thats MOO

I have been trying to find out more about the dogs and the source of the info
I read in one article that LE downplayed and discounted any hits because the time span was so long after she went missing, and the dogs were DRIVEN to each motel, and did not actually track her scent trail TO the motel. [ I read that posted here but I am still looking for it again now}

But here is what I did find ;
http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=13779246

Hailey Dunn disappeared without a trace until bloodhounds searched the area. Officials say the dogs picked up her scent near the Western Suites off Interstate 20. Even though the dogs responded strongly to the area, there was no sign of Hailey. She was last seen with her mother's boyfriend.

Yet on January 7, http://www.examiner.com/missing-pers...polygraph-test reported:

A scent trail that was followed by dogs led to a door of a ground-floor room at the two-level Western Suite motel that opened in July, but there the trail stopped. A search of the each hotel room produced no other evidence. Cristie Raye, manager
of Western Suites, said police studied surveillance tapes but did not see the missing teen.

WHERE DID THE EXAMINER GET THAT INFO?

Billie said LE didn't tell her how far the dogs tracked Hailey in the motel. KCBD reported the dogs tracked her near the motel? Where did the Examiner get the info about the ground-floor room door?

And on NG BD takes the story even further and makes it sound as though the dogs trailed her from Clints, to MB's and then to the motel. I think that is misleading information.

Staying outside of the box the only thing I can feel sure of is that the perp had wheels and free time during the times in question.:banghead:

Whew, my eyes are burning and my mouse shoulder hurts. See you all tomorrow. :eek:fftobed:

Personally, I do feel that the town is at risk.... if it was SA, who's to say that he wont decide that if he is going to go down, that he might as well go down in a big way, and do something else. It's not like LE is watching him around the clock.

Snip for the question & possible explanation? I totally feel for you in your situation. There are many knowledgeable people here, that missing people adults or children went missing in their towns. Many (caring) people follow multiple cases! In this case CZ, LE has named suspect, that in my experience they do not normally do until an arrest for legal reasons!!!! But they chose to do that in this case (for whatever reason).

Snip for the question & possible explanation? I totally feel for you in your situation. There are many knowledgeable people here, that missing people adults or children went missing in their towns. Many (caring) people follow multiple cases! In this case CZ, LE has named suspect, that in my experience they do not normally do until an arrest for legal reasons!!!! But they chose to do that in this case (for whatever reason). That means lot to me & I have been around the block. I feel for you<3 truly.

I think it was an accident. I think PK "misspoke" or "spoke too soon" and they couldn't exactly take it back.

I live 2 blocks from middle school, and I wont let my kid walk to school. I fully admit that I am probably one of the most overprotective parents anywhere. Both my friends and my kids (and sometimes even my husband) give me heck about it. Dont care. I'm not going to change. As bad as I am, my mom was worse. I hated the restrictions when I was a kid, but as a mom, I completely understand. And one day my kids will understand also.

I have no idea why, but it seems like every six months or so another one moves into town. There is a high risk who moved in with family 2 1/2 blocks from me about 2 years ago. I think the current count for our county is 24 RSOs. ugh. And it is not like there is a 'safer' neighborhood to move into. Besides a few streets near the high school (where all of the houses are very nice - and the taxes are outrageous), the town is a mix of very nice houses to average houses to shacks to abandoned, burnt out hulls, usually all on the same block.

Personally, maybe if it was SA, who's to say that he wont decide that if he is going to go down, that he might as well go down in a big way (or that would be remembered)? It's not like LE is watching him around the clock.

Snip for the question & possible explanation? I totally feel for you in your situation. There are many knowledgeable people here, that missing people adults or children went missing in their towns. Many (caring) people follow multiple cases! In this case CZ, LE has named suspect, that in my experience they do not normally do until an arrest for legal reasons!!!! But they chose to do that in this case (for whatever reason). That means lot to me & I have been around the block. I feel for you<3 truly. __________________

belimom, agreed, I also thought she was talking about NG. IMO

I was honestly impressed with the interview tonight. IMO, for possibly the first time since Hailey went missing I felt like it was ALL about her and that's a good thing! Also, I too was impressed that the host/s let them (CD and NS) talk and truly express themselves. IMO, I think they did a great job bringing it back to being about Hailey. They personalized her (IMO) and that's exactly what I think needed to be done. I also think (and am praying) that if the MSM picks up the story it will go a long way in bringing Hailey's case back into the spotlight, since NG has not covered Hailey's case for days (if not more than a week now).

I am praying that something good (finding Hailey or at least some good/strong leads) will be soon to follow. I just want her found so badly and the more media (both local and national) they can get is probably one of their best options, IMO...

It would be really great to see Mark Lunsford come help CD. I think ML could really realte to CD and give him the support he needs.

I think it was an accident. I think PK "misspoke" or "spoke too soon" and they couldn't exactly take it back.

I think you may be right. I don't think LE wanted him to be named publicly yet.

I didn't listen when it was on, as I couldn't really hear. It's midnight now, and I brought out the high def headphones. Once I got past the Krieger case (which is very intriguing by the way) - then came CD and N.

Maybe because its dark and quiet (and I'm alone with my thoughts), but my heart really went out to the both of them. My heart is just breaking.

-N really sounds a lot like BD. I'm now getting the feel of Colorado City speak :)
-4000 miles on the car - endless hours looking for Hailey
-Both not feeling well that day; slept most of the day.
-Hailey did not come over on Monday, as just now said by N.
-From what SA say's - Hailey was going to her dad's, then to a friends house. Hailey never made it to either place (N).
-You could see Hailey's front door from the back door of CD's house. There is a vacant field with grass between the two residences.
-Community of 3,000 people
-Earring: Hailey had stayed the night Sunday. She took the earrings out because her ears were sore. She dropped them on the floor, by the couch. N only found 1 of the earrings on Monday and set it up on the shelf. DD then took it over to BD's.
-N's relationship with Hailey - we were very close, could talk to her about boys, her favourite songs, go to fay-fay's jewelry (sp) spending over 100.00 in the store. Hailey liked to wear red and black. Went a lot of different places. Morning walks. Dollar store trips. Hang out for a few hours often playing on the PS3 or x-box, dancing while we cleaned the house (insert tear here). No fights. Sometimes she would get mad at me because she sat next to her dad, and Hailey wanted to sit next to her dad. N would move so she could sit there. She felt like (N) was taking her dad away, but yet liked them being together. The would go asteroid hunting. Outgoing family. Hailey didn't like being inside.
-Both do not feel there's a connection between the other missing/deceased case in Texas.
-CD: in these missing child cases, it could be a family member or friend.
-in regards to BD's reaction to the media: BD has responded in so many different ways. She has tried to throw me under the bus. I don't know why she's come to inconclusive statements. At first I was calling the media to interview her while I pounded the pavement. He freezes up in front of the camera, so left BD with the media.
-CD: Hailey requested to live with him - several times. CD was trying to get on his feet, a bigger house, was in the making of getting her. She's a daddy's girl, and Hailey loved me a lot more. Definitely was going to live with CD, and when she gets back, Hailey is going to live with him.
-RE: interview BD had done. CD: it was basically given her timeline of events of what happened. She wanted to try to clear some things up. It was like a 15 minute long speech. Well, um, I kinda think she was doing it to keep the media involved, Hailey safe, exposed, and in the media. Trying to defend herself a little bit also.
-RE: what happened to Hailey. CD: that's the question I ask myself all day, every day. That is the question right there. I haven't a clue what happened to my daughter. I really don't know what's happened. Especially that first couple days. Is this really happening. That's the question that everyone wants to know. I didn't have no gut feeling at all. I was hoping that she would be in an abandoned house somewhere, camping out. That first week was walking around town, calling her name, wooded areas, you know, the 3 of us, me, and N, and our newborn. First 2 weeks didn't have no car. BD and SA not looking for Hailey. They are not on the same page. CD frustrated because BD was on the couch waiting for Hailey to come home. Me and BD have butted heads so hard because of this. CD saw them carrying in 2 cases of beer on NYE. CD looking in alley's.
-CD: Heard BD had a van donated to her. Hasn't spoke with her in a week. Someone told me she got a van, a grant, an account open up for her.

Caller lines now open:

Q. Jacksonville, Fl. I would like to tell CD and N that I am praying everyday for Hailey. I am trying to help them down here. Do you have (CD) counselors and stuff helping you guys through this. Caller wants Hailey home too - she has been part of my heart.

A. Yes, FBI assigned a counselor to us. (inaudible) - everyday. Thank you for everything you've done.

Q. Its really sad to see how many people are putting different members of the family. I don't know, no one really knows. Family already suffering so much - so many rumours and accusations. Family needs to come together. CD have you seeked help from a psychic?

A. Families really need to work together on this. We need to come together and put our differences aside. We need to find Hailey. On FB psychics have been pouring in. Most of them are pointing towards abandoned houses. I've had a few people who do readings for free (10 people), and also call me. I'll listen to them, and hear what they say. He will point Hailey's angels in the direction the psychics tell him to go. No real results so far. No people trying to make money off of me.

Q. Texas. Praying for your guys. Consumed me. Constantly on FB. Praying - hoping Hailey comes home soon. Do you know why TES has not been able to come in? Never really a concrete answer on this.

A. I called TES about 10 after this happened and spoke to person who worked there. They had to have LE get a hold of them. Called LE - why didn't they call TES? LE said they couldn't have TES come in and cover the whole West Texas area. Tim said he was going to get involved, but didn't want anybody to know. Supposed to be there last Monday, but haven' heard. They may have come in secretly, but doesn't know if they did or not.

Q. How do you feel about her being deemed as a runaway? Did it hamper case?

A. It pissed me off. Totally out of her character. We lost 5 days there. The bloodhounds didn't come out until 4 days after.

Q. Where to donate?

A. Go to Facebook for more info (I won't post here as it's not allowed).

Q. You've known BD for the longest time - do you feel she's holding back, deceptive? She contradicts her timeline. It appears so.

A. Well, everyday I'm torn as to which way I'm going with this. Torn everyday, leaning towards this or that. (inaudible), didn't sleep for 3 days. BD would never hurt our baby girl. Is she hiding something, I don't know. Some of her stuff is kind of iffy. Man, she wouldn't hurt our baby girl, and I know her pretty good.

Q. How is your son doing and how is he coping?

A. He's doing pretty good. He had to leave the home, is with BD's brother. Right around the corner. See him every 2 days. Haven't been involved with DD because of....he's been coping good. Doing good in school, no trouble in school.

Q. Did you see the surveillance video?

A. It took LE 3 weeks and they let me look at the video for 3 hours. Felt pushed away, but didn't see anyone check in or check out of hotel. Family member or friend, really wanted him and BD to sit down together to find out clues. He still bugs em about it. Get a lawyer see what I could do there. 200 leads, can he see any of these leads, they said no. They keep me and BD more in the dark than anybody else. They have to find out from media. I'm not sure, but, you know, they are keeping me in the dark. It's so scary.

Q. Any person of Interest?

A. SA is it. In my book he was the last to see Hailey. There are leads I picked up in Odessa (150 miles away) and I went over there and talked to people who said they had seen Hailey. They called LE 20 times and never got a hold of them until that night.

Q. Who is the other person who threatened BD and Hailey?

A. I haven't talked to BD, all I know is what you know from right there.

Q. What are you doing, what can we do?

A. I'm backing up people who are searching, pray with them. I don't go out there with them. I'm following leads. Got a lead from Canada. It's so hard because I don't know if LE is following up on these leads like I do. If you want anything done right, you have to do it yourself. I'm looking outside the box. Tennessee - what's going on there. They keep me in the dark so much. I don't know what I'm doing, 100 MPH, in the dark. I don't know if I'm doing the right thing. People tell me to keep doing what I'm doing. Not getting enough results. I passed out 1000 flyers, border patrol helped me out a lot. Felt like I am giving up on the way home. I don't have my daughter, nothing. It's an indescribable feeling of hopelessness.

CD: call 1-800-the-loss. 2 search groups: 1 group meets at 10:00 at CC 3 days a week. Hailey's Angels. Hailey's bridge, on 208 (where stuffed animals are). They meet up at 9:00. I try to meet up with each group as much as I can.

Q. Any news on the landfill?

A. CD: I don't know. They found something, but it has nothing to do with Hailey's case.

FB: Help Find Hailey Dunn (another one - didn't catch).

If you have any information, clues, go to bringthemhome.net. If you're afraid to go to LE, come to us. Let's help Clint bring his daughter home.

Note: this is NOT a complete transcript. These are points that I noted and typed while listening. It is not verbatim. I recommend those who want to hear the entire interview please go to bringthemhome.net

What a powerful show. My heart and prayers go out to the entire family. Thank you CD and N. Bless you both!

Love and hugs,

Mel

BD talked to all of the press and it's on youtube for the world to see and criticize/nit pick. CD talked to a few folks on some obscure website. BIG difference, IMO. Both did good, IMO for their beloved child. I pray they both keep it up ... for HAILEY.

That's the thing about the internet though,on the fb sites alone,there's thousands of people,one has almost 18,000 on thiers and the sites are talking about the interview.The internet is the world at your fingertips. :) It was actually the best interview about Hailey so far and the most emotional I've heard.

That's the thing about the internet though,on the fb sites alone,there's thousands of people,one has almost 18,000 on thiers and the sites are talking about the interview.The internet is the world at your fingertips. :) It was actually the best interview about Hailey so far and the most emotional I've heard.

I totally agree on both of your points!!

mgardener/mel
terrific post!
ONE thing struck me!
CD and N were BOTH feeling ill that day???
hmm... and they did not specify symptoms much.
N stayes on couch. CD's back was hurting.
That bothers me a lil. HD, brother and infant OK I guess.

ETA: did they take a bite of a poison apple?
Not placing blame on CD or N! but very concerned MOO
no big deal I hope!

mgardener/mel
terrific post!
ONE thing struck me!
CD and N were BOTH feeling ill that day???
hmm... and they did not specify symptoms much.
N stayes on couch. CD's back was hurting.
That bothers me a lil. HD, brother and infant OK I guess.

Yes, CD's back was hurting him, and N didn't feel well. They didn't really elaborate. I thought the most important part (IMO) is they said they didn't see Hailey on Monday :(

Thanks,

Mel

czgtz - question please...

I mean this most respectfully. You said last night (I think) that BD and CD were in contact and that CD had stopped by the house in the past day or so. Tonight in his interview he specifically said that he hadn't spoken to BD in at least a week.

My question is this - is BD telling you that CD stays in touch or that he stopped by? Why would she lie about that? I believe CD - plus he hasn't even been in town - he's gone 4000 miles in the past weeks. So, why do you think BD is telling you these things?

Most excellent. He's also been sick and upset with her (as per his interview). While they should come together (IMO), I don't believe he's at that point right now.

MOO

Mel

Yes, CD's back was hurting him, and N didn't feel well. They didn't really elaborate. I thought the most important part (IMO) is they said they didn't see Hailey on Monday :(

Thanks,

Mel
And perfect timing if planned by a perp. MOO just a thought. (meaning CD and N had no knowledge)
sleuthing only NOT starting a rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member