TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok y'all bear with me, really I'm just scrolling looking to see if any names jump out at me but I'm not sure what most of the document description mean. I did come across a Becky Kennedy, 1/27/1988. It's a deed of trust/asgt of rents.

Asgt of rents stands for assignment of rents. Generally when someone owns commercial property that is mortgaged, the bank will request an assignment of rents. If the borrower defaults on the loan, then the bank becomes the landlord of the property and the tenants pay the bank. Without the assignment, the bank has no legal authority to collect the rents, unless an assignment is executed. The tenant normally signs off on the assignment.

From Velling's Q&A: "One of the first things I did in this investigation was to contact the Kern County Clerk Recorder to see it they had a record of the application for the birth certificate. They had no records from back in 1988. There was not way to trace back to who requested the birth certificate. We do know that we had the birth certificate and the receipt for $11.00 in JANE DOE's box."

So it makes sense to me that it was FLEK who ordered/collected both documents. Why would a third party give FLEK the receipt otherwise? I'm not saying they wouldn't but it just seems weird when presumably in that scenario there was another 'customer' who might have been entitled to the receipt for the trust document?
This is a great question. One answer could be the lawyer made a copy of the receipt for the other party and the original was attached to the birth certificate.

Credit must go to Katinka for finding the Kern County Website with the trust's posted there...GOOD WORK SUPERSLEUTH!

:yourock::websleuther:

The credit goes to you and Sunnynz. Thanks to Sunnnz for posting the receipt and to you for noticing the $4 charge on the receipt is more than likely for a separate bypass trust document.

Also, the trust might have been filed after the fact, but not when it was drawn up. That's how we do it here in Ohio, anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. The B trust would be filed after the first spouse dies, if it is filed at all. Further, it is filed with the Probate Court, not the county recorder. The county recorder files deeds. In just a cursory look at what is on the government website you are looking at, it appears you all are looking at deeds that have been recorded. Really need a California lawyer to point in the right direction to a website. There is also another member here, lalaw or something like that who I think is a lawyer. I haven't tried yet to see where estates and probate are recorded in Kerns County, but try here:

https://odyprodportal.kern.courts.ca.gov/portalprod

I don't know what you file when you create a trust. I have no idea about these things, so relying on google, it makes me even more confused. Bypass trusts are between a husband and wife, to protect the assets when the first spouse dies. They can be used to pass on to heirs after the second spouse dies. On one site it said you do not file with the court so you maintain privacy. So what is being recorded by the county? Changes in trustee maybe? What if FLEK worked for a lawyer in Bakersfield and became aware of some dormant trust perhaps even BST grandfather since I think they were from there. Is the $4 for copies of some trust document or is it for filing some trust document? I doubt that receipt was meant for some lawyer she was working for, or it would have been turned in. But if she worked for a lawyer she would certainly have access to client info and how such things work if that was that lawyers area. Can anyone enlighten us on what we would get if we asked for a copy of a B trust at the county clerks office?

Example, I hope this link shows what I'm looking at. Look at the case information part.

https://odyprodportal.kern.courts.ca.gov/PORTALPROD/Home/WorkspaceMode?p=0

I believe the B on the receipt designates the court location-probate. What doesn't make sense to me is that the county recorder would have the record to give to her. Unless back at that time the two offices were combined or were in the same building and they went to a common cashier. We really need a California attorney who was practicing in that county at the time.

Waaaah! Trying to catch up on this latest Trust info - fantastic work, sleuthers!! Am delighted and amazed that Kern County have records going back decades. Fingers crossed this could be the missing piece we need to solve the puzzle!

True. The B trust would be filed after the first spouse dies, if it is filed at all. Further, it is filed with the Probate Court, not the county recorder. The county recorder files deeds. In just a cursory look at what is on the government website you are looking at, it appears you all are looking at deeds that have been recorded. Really need a California lawyer to point in the right direction to a website. There is also another member here, lalaw or something like that who I think is a lawyer. I haven't tried yet to see where estates and probate are recorded in Kerns County, but try here:

My contact thought it was odd for the records office to have a copy of the bypass trust. She said the document would be filed with probate if the person is deceased, if the person is still alive it is filed with the recorder. We really need someone familiar with the CA. legal system to answer this question.

LaLaw2000 (if that's who you mean) is ex law enforcement from Louisiana, according to profile.

Might be worth opening a thread in the Jury Room to ask for suggestions which members can help? Or even ask Tricia & mods?

8072 Melody Lane
Onyx, CA
Owner: ORVI**E BARKER

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/kern-county/M/Melody-Lane-5.html#ixzz4JdTpJDlm

Do you suppose the Barkers are related to the Mulcahy's?

Above name divorced T*n* Barker 11/16/1988 in CA. T*n* Barker is the daughter of J*hn A Barker and M*ri* Mulcahy. I did send a reminder email regarding Doss and Michelle Merdith Mulcahy~~I'm still waiting to hear. Those freckles sure did line up with FLEK.

http://www.genealogy.com/ftm/b/a/r/Michael-C-Barker/WEBSITE-0001/UHP-0009.html
http://recorderonline.co.kern.ca.us/

I forgot all about the missing girl Michelle Mulcahy and her freckles that line up. I was hoping we would hear back that she was a rule out by now. I'll see if I can figure out a connection. Thanks, BCA!

ETA: and holy cow at the name of the man Tin@ married too. It's like the name is a combination of the word stockbroker and scottsdale.

ETA: Tin@ was born in the UK in 1969 and lived in South Africa for a while. Her mother died in the UK. I'll look a bit more but don't think there could be a close relation. The Barkers of Idaho were in the US for several generations. The linked family doesn't appear to have left the UK or South Africa. http://www.genealogy.com/ftm/b/a/r/Michael-C-Barker/WEBSITE-0001/UHP-0006.html

My contact thought it was odd for the records office to have a copy of the bypass trust. She said the document would be filed with probate if the person is deceased, if the person is still alive it is filed with the recorder. We really need someone familiar with the CA. legal system to answer this question.
Ive been birth certificate and b trust california .and this is what i found.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=hsc&group=103001-104000&file=103625-103660
im thinking its a fee that goes into a child welfare..not sure

I am so lost guys work is kicking my ......but do we think that maybe 402 mos. was how long she had to pay attorney for a BR or maybe how long she had to pay a Bankruptcy? nd isn't Michele M in CODIS ( back to the auto match question)

If that is a California regulation or law, THIS makes the most sense and we are at a dead end......again.

I see the Children's trust but not B trust. Seems if there is an old timer at the Kern County clerks office they could interpret what that means. I am still trying to figure out what the county clerk or recorder has to do with a Btrust document. A trust can be a party to a property transfer, or other things requiring recording but just as a party. I think you can record changes in trustee, but other than that what would be held there? I am thinking btrust does not mean bypass trust, but could be some fee accessed by the county. I looked at the fee schedule now, and a BC is 25 dollars. documents are charged by the page with first page $3 but nothing about any other fee. I am not ready to dismiss this though. It could be something. It could lead to motive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen