Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020 #2 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Texting weapon serial numbers is normal in my shop.( I’m active duty Military)

VG gets called in for work ( as she wasn’t supposed to work because of COVID)

who was with her at work?
How long was she at work?
Where did she go after work?
Did she leave the base?

All good points. The mundane could point the way to the truth... Or just be mundane. I'm ust pointing out the possibility that she may have inadvertently gotten to close to someone's hussle. Perhaps she just went to lunch with the wrong person?

I live about 2 miles from Ft. Hood and3blocks from where they found Morales body. The reports in papers here are saying they're not sure if it's animal or human remains and therefore was sent to Dallas for autopsy. What's interesting is PFC Morales and PFC Guillen are both in the same unit, again not saying that is she they found Saturday. What's also interesting is a lot of those soldiers on fallensoldiers.com that have unexplained deaths etc. are from that same Brigade or Unit, not saying this is connected to Ms. Guillen. Last month a soldier was shot and killed in Harker Heights, vehicle found in another location burning also from that unit. It's all weird to say the least. It's like Ft. Hood has turn into the killing fields with all these unexplained soldiers death, or could possibly have a serial killer. I was stationed at Ft. Hood for over half of my career and we didn't have soldiers go missing or unaccounted for. It's all disturbing and heartbreaking. I do hope they bring some type of closure to this family and others.

Strange. You are saying these victims are all same unit?
Wedel-Morales
Brandon Rosencraz
Vanessa Guillen

MOO they should get the real FBI in the case.

CBS News June 30, 2020, 8:46 AM
Family of missing Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen accuses Army of "covering up for each other"
snipped

The family of Army Private First Class Vanessa Guillen are calling for an independent investigation into her disappearance, and have called for Fort Hood, the base she was stationed at, to be closed if she is found dead.

The 20-year-old was last seen on April 22, wearing a black t-shirt and purple workout pants. Her car keys, wallet and ID were found in the armory room on base where she was working that morning, but her phone is still missing.

Investigators have said they suspect foul play, but her family says they are not doing enough, and now want the FBI or another federal agency to take over the case.

"They're not here to help us find Vanessa," family attorney Natalie Khawam told CBS News' Mireya Villarreal. "They're here to hoard that information because they don't want us knowing what's happened."
Family of missing Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen accuses Army of "covering up for each other" - CBS News
Can they do that? Just close down an entire Military base? Where would they all go?

Hard to keep track of all these remains :eek::confused:o_O

I’m pretty sure they are the additional remains found near Gregory Morales that may very well end up being more of his remains that were missed.

I think that Daily Mail article is very misleading and frankly unprofessional

Yes. MOO The DM article is intentionally misleading, combining found items possibly VG's at Little river and new remains found near Wedel's at field by Kings Ct. Killeen as if it it was all together.

RO's hubby here again,

I live about 2 miles from Ft. Hood and3blocks from where they found Morales body. The reports in papers here are saying they're not sure if it's animal or human remains and therefore was sent to Dallas for autopsy. What's interesting is PFC Morales and PFC Guillen are both in the same unit, again not saying that is she they found Saturday. What's also interesting is a lot of those soldiers on fallensoldiers.com that have unexplained deaths etc. are from that same Brigade or Unit, not saying this is connected to Ms. Guillen. Last month a soldier was shot and killed in Harker Heights, vehicle found in another location burning also from that unit. It's all weird to say the least. It's like Ft. Hood has turn into the killing fields with all these unexplained soldiers death, or could possibly have a serial killer. I was stationed at Ft. Hood for over half of my career and we didn't have soldiers go missing or unaccounted for. It's all disturbing and heartbreaking. I do hope they bring some type of closure to this family and others.

Morales and Guillen are not in the same unit, not even close. Morales was in 1st Sustainment Brigade, 1 CD. Guillen is in the Regimental Engineer Squadron, 3d CR. You spent time at Hood, Guillen was over by where 4ID headquarters used to be (now 1st Army West) and Morales was down on Motorpool Rd. towards the Clear Creek PX.

Texting weapon serial numbers is normal in my shop.( I’m active duty Military)

VG gets called in for work ( as she wasn’t supposed to work because of COVID)

who was with her at work?
How long was she at work?
Where did she go after work?
Did she leave the base?

All valid questions. I'd like to add a few.

Who signed the 702?
Who opened the arms room?
Who closed it after she left?

BBM

It's a shame they don't do the same when one of their soldiers goes missing on their base.

MOO

The problem is weapons can't get up and walk away. Soldiers can, and do, say "eff this, I'm out" and dissappear. They'll be there one day, gone the next. We check their room, if it looks like they cleared out their personal possessions we have to assume the went AWOL. Granted that is not what happened with VG but it does happen. What a lot of civilians don't realize is that when a person goes missing in the military it's because they want to. They disappear because they don't want to be found, often not even contacting their family. Again, not saying this is the case here, because obviously she did not walk away without any of her things.

My guess is that the supervisor sent the text message to himself after he had killed Vanessa—probably after he had disposed of her remains—in order to mislead CID regarding the timeline of her disappearance.

That seems like quite the stretch. Consider that she was spotted at lunchtime, after that message was sent. Also easily confirmed if she was the one that opened the arms room by checking the SF 702 (security log) posted on the exterior of every arms room in the Army.

Wedel-Morales
Brandon Rosencraz
Vanessa Guillen

That's incorrect information.

Morales - 1st Sustanment Brigade, 1 CD (1st Cavalry Division)
Rosencraz - 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 1 CD
Guillen - Regimental Engineer Squadron, 3d CR (3rd Cavalry Regiment)

For you non-military types on the thread what follows is a brief organizational breakdown to help understand where they all fit in relation to each other.

Fort Hood's CG (Commanding General) is the 3 star (Lieutenant General) CG for 3 Corp. 3 Corp oversees and is responsible for the training, oversight, and guidance of all active duty Army members from Fort Hood, TX, Fort Bliss, Fort Carson, CO, Fort Sill, OK, Fort Riley, KS, and Fort Leavenworth, KS. There may be another one or two that I'm missing, but the crux is that 3 Corp covers a lot of Soldiers. Below Corp are Divisions. In 3 Corp this includes 1 CD at Hood, 1 ID at Riley, 4 ID at Carson, and 1 AD at Bliss. These are 2 star (Major General) CG positions that report directly to the 3 star. Each Division has 3-5 Brigades each commanded by a Colonel. There are also multiple Brigade sized elements that are not part of any Division. These are Colonel level command positions as well. 3d CR is one of these units.

To put the relationship in terms that everyone should be able to understand, I'll use an analogy. Guillen works at the Walmart neighborhood market. Rosencraz worked in in electronics at the regular Walmart and Morales worked behind the deli counter at the same regular Walmart. So while it is possible that they knew each other, either through training or being in reception at the same time, the likelihood is slim.

Can they do that? Just close down an entire Military base? Where would they all go?

Short answer, no.

Longer answer - that would take a huge push from the pentagon and the DOD to figure out not only where all of those Soldiers would go, but also who would fill those gaps in training and readiness for all of those units. Then there is the historical implications. Do they keep some of these units, just on different posts? If so, do they move all the personnel and equipment or do they scorch earth it and start fresh? Logistically speaking, closing a base is a colossal endeavor.

For anyone who wants to see how it could happen and the procedures required look into the Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) that happened in 2012. They closed some but more often it was cosmetic differences. Keep in mind as you research though that none of the bases touched are anywhere near the scope and breadth of Fort Hood.

MOO doubt ever be shut, but its reputation can continue to decline.

MOO their security is too dated.
This is a larger military issue, don't all military installations have at least gate cameras?

Fort Hood's reputation can't decline. It cannot go lower than the absolute worst place. I call it the black hole of the Army, and the place careers go to die. I spent over 10 years there. As for gate cameras I can't comment. Security procedures are classified for obvious reasons, and even if they weren't I don't actually know if they have gate cameras or not.

Wedel-Morales
Brandon Rosencraz
Vanessa Guillen

They do not appear to be from the same unit in any close sense.

All three soldiers, as with most soldiers at Fort Hood, were assigned to III Corps. As an Army Corps is a unit (a very, very large one with 60,000(+) soldiers counting all soldiers, at all bases), some reports may of stated that all three were all assigned to the same "unit". This is technically correct, but not correct in the practical sense.

Two of the soldiers were assigned to the 1st Cavalry Division (about 15,000 soldiers), but to different brigades and thus to different battalions.

Though some may consider assignment to the same Brigade (non were) as being in the "same unit", I think most soldiers would use the term "same unit" to mean battalion or smaller.

Thus, for the three soldiers to have been assigned to the same unit in the practical sense, I think they would needed to have been assigned to at least the same battalion (about 800 soldiers). None were.

Last edited:
I am digging into this. I was born Brat ( Army) I have lots of friends and family ties. This is much more than we think. I was young and knew about the base. I will be reading and following this thread closely. I am heartbroken by how long this base has been negativity spoken of . I am relieved that the world is standing up about the??? Of the missing/deceased/AWOL. This is close to my heart, I will be getting information on this. I don't know what to say really. My Grandfather, Father, uncles, cousins, child, husband were or are Military. I hear people cutting the Military down in general. I can't help but say My family and friends fought for your rights to have freedom of speech. They put their lives on the and was willing to die for your rights and freedoms. Not all of Military are involved . Their are bad apples everywhere in life, but that don't mean that all of them are. I will get the information I I find to someone to share with ya'll. I respect the Men and Women In Uniform. Now days if you get into legal trouble the courts give you a chance to Join the service or do jail time. Some go in the service and thrive and make a good life for themselves. I got to stop writing to close to my heart. I want to rant about what I know but I know better

BBM. Why do you believe all 3 are in the same unit? Is the local news claiming that? That is not the information in the links below.

There are over 45,000 soldiers assigned to Fort Hood (Wikipedia). A division is between 17,000-21,000 soldiers. A regiment is also variable, maybe 3,000-4,000 soldiers.

PFC Brandon Rosecrans
3rd Armored Brigade Combat Team
1st Cavalry Division
Fort Hood soldier found shot to death two minutes after car found engulfed in flames

PV2 Gregory Morales Wedel
1st Sustainment Brigade
1st Cavalry Division
Human remains are found in search for missing US soldier | Daily Mail Online

PFC Vanessa Guillen
Regimental Engineer Squadron HQ
3rd Cavalry Regiment
'Extensive search' is under way for Fort Hood soldier, 20, who has been missing for five days | Daily Mail Online
These soldiers Unit (Brigade) are listed in the articles about them. I was reading about these soldiers and just happen to notice a lot are in the same Brigade or Unit (3rd Cavalry Regiment). Which is the unit Ms. Guillen belongs too as well as Morales who is on the III Corps page with a reward along with Ms. Guillen. Hope that helps.

These soldiers Unit (Brigade) are listed in the articles about them. I was reading about these soldiers and just happen to notice a lot are in the same Brigade or Unit (3rd Cavalry Regiment). Which is the unit Ms. Guillen belongs too as well as Morales who is on the III Corps page with a reward along with Ms. Guillen. Hope that helps.
Units fall under Brigades. 3rd Cavalry Regiment used to be 3rd Armored Brigade (Same)

They do not appear to be from the same unit in any close sense.

All three soldiers, as with most soldiers at Fort Hood, were assigned to III Corps. As an Army Corps is a unit (a very, very large one with 60,000(+) soldiers counting all soldiers, at all bases), some reports may of stated that all three were all assigned to the same "unit". This is technically correct, but not correct in the practical sense.

Two of the soldiers were assigned to the 1st Cavalry Division (about 15,000 soldiers), but to different brigades and thus to different battalions.

Though some may consider assignment to the same Brigade (non were) as being in the "same unit", I think most soldiers would use the term "same unit" to mean battalion or smaller.

Thus, for the three soldiers to have been assigned to the same unit in the practical sense, I think they would needed to have been assigned to at least the same battalion (about 800 soldiers). None were.
Army Soldiers at Fort Hood in Texas Are Dying at Alarming Rates Stateside (January 1, 2016 to Present)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member