Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure why, but I think this is more than an AWOL situation. Of course, I hope I’m wrong and this beautiful girl just needed to get away for a bit.

Just a gut feeling that she’s met with trouble. MOO
Prayers for her family and friends.

I’m not sure why, but I think this is more than an AWOL situation. Of course, I hope I’m wrong and this beautiful girl just needed to get away for a bit.

Just a gut feeling that she’s met with trouble. MOO
Prayers for her family and friends.
When you’re talking about a missing service member, AWOL is generally the most likely scenario. That being said, this doesn’t look like the typical scenario.

It was the middle of the day, and she left important things behind. The way this is being handled, seems to indicate that foul play is a very real possibility.

So I’m strongly leaning that way myself.

When you’re talking about a missing service member, AWOL is generally the most likely scenario. That being said, this doesn’t look like the typical scenario.

It was the middle of the day, and she left important things behind. The way this is being handled, seems to indicate that foul play is a very real possibility.

So I’m strongly leaning that way myself.
Her sister’s intuition that something is wrong is another reason I’m leaning toward foul play.

I would hope that if Vanessa mentioned being unhappy at all to her sister, surely she would report that. Of course, I know that sisters don’t always share every personal detail about their lives. Just seems with the very little information we have that her missing voluntarily isn’t likely. MOO

From the Heavy article I linked above:

According to a Facebook post by a friend, her phone pinged in a couple locations in Texas the day she went missing. But authorities have not confirmed this information and the post is no longer visible, so it’s not clear if this information was accurate or not.

It’s not known if Guillen was last seen by a specific person or on camera.

I read a post that said her phone actually pinged on base that evening, and not off base as was reported. I’m wondering if this was the reason that post cited by Heavy was deleted.

No MSM confirmation at this point, so who knows.

From the Heavy article I linked above:

According to a Facebook post by a friend, her phone pinged in a couple locations in Texas the day she went missing. But authorities have not confirmed this information and the post is no longer visible, so it’s not clear if this information was accurate or not.

It’s not known if Guillen was last seen by a specific person or on camera.

I read a post that said her phone actually pinged on base that evening, and not off base as was reported. I’m wondering if this was the reason that post cited by Heavy was deleted.

No MSM confirmation at this point, so who knows.
It would make a big difference in knowing those phone pings. I’m sure LE is way ahead of us, but I’d love to know which one is accurate.

I am very worried about her, very concerned. She is so pretty, loves to run. That would explain her clothing. The base is huge. Almost as much square foot as my whole county with more than 20 towns. My friend works on an Army base, most days at work, he doesn't see many people except the other 2 in his area. How awful if her loved ones are not allowed to search for her on the base. Please correct me if you think I am wrong here, but that must be a special kind of hell if you can't search for her. I am also guessing from being around other bases that most surveillance videoing is on the borders since 9/11. I have seen bases that are cement blocked on borders. I hope that they used dogs and infrared cameras as soon as she was reported missing. Feeling awful for her loved ones, absolutely awful.

BREAKING - The U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command is offering a reward of up to $15,000 for credible information leading to the whereabouts of missing Fort Hood Soldier, Pfc. Vanessa Guillen.
View attachment 244692

KWTX News 10 on Twitter
$15K offered for information that leads to whereabouts of missing soldier
Is that common for the Army to offer up a reward? I don’t think I’ve ever seen that.

Also, I noticed it says Army Criminal Investigation Command. So, not AWOL I’m assuming.

Did anyone post the ratio of civilian personnel versus active duty personnel? Did anyone post if the civilian personnel are quarantined at home and not reporting to work at all on the base. Sorry if I missed it, if reported. My civilian friend is not allowed to enter his base since Covid.

Is that common for the Army to offer up a reward? I don’t think I’ve ever seen that.

Also, I noticed it says Army Criminal Investigation Command. So, not AWOL I’m assuming.
I’m looking for precedent here, but it doesn’t seem common.

Criminal Investigation Command (CID), is the Army equivalent of NCIS. I think they’d be involved regardless, as it’s smart to handle a missing soldier investigation as if it may be foul play.

Fort Hood is huge, it takes 30 min to drive from one place to another...I work there and even to go get lunch it takes 15 min drive. It has wast area covered with cedars and full of wildlife used for training so you can hide anything that never can be found. All gyms are indeed had been closed since mid March... III Corps page on Sunday had corrected the info that Vanessa's phone pinged last in Belton, they changed it to Fort Hood. But I cannot find that info now.

BREAKING - The U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command is offering a reward of up to $15,000 for credible information leading to the whereabouts of missing Fort Hood Soldier, Pfc. Vanessa Guillen.
View attachment 244692

KWTX News 10 on Twitter
$15K offered for information that leads to whereabouts of missing soldier

This seems troubling to me

I can't imagine them offering up a reward like that if they didn't have a very good reason to suspect that foul play was involved

I fear the outcome is likely not going to be a positive one

Of course I was fairly confident that they wouldn't have reached out to MSM and Civilian authorities if they hadn't already exhausted all their early leads in the first place

This seems troubling to me

I can't imagine them offering up a reward like that if they didn't have a very good reason to suspect that foul play was involved

I fear the outcome is likely not going to be a positive one

Of course I was fairly confident that they wouldn't have reached out to MSM and Civilian authorities if they hadn't already exhausted all their early leads in the first place
Yeah, this is an ominous sign. They aren’t offering a reward for a soldier they believe took off.

Especially a reward that size (I found a CID reward for 20k in a homicide investigation).

Yeah, this is an ominous sign. They aren’t offering a reward for a soldier they believe took off.

Especially a reward that size (I found a CID reward for 20k in a homicide investigation).

Yah they know something that's telling them that she didn't take off of her own free will.

What that is I have no idea, but obviously they think it was criminal in nature

They absolutely prefer to handle things internally when at all possible

This is definitely a very unique situation as like you I'd have to do some searching to find another case where this has happened, definitely not something that I can recall off of the top of my head

Fort Hood is huge, it takes 30 min to drive from one place to another...I work there and even to go get lunch it takes 15 min drive. It has wast area covered with cedars and full of wildlife used for training so you can hide anything that never can be found. All gyms are indeed had been closed since mid March... III Corps page on Sunday had corrected the info that Vanessa's phone pinged last in Belton, they changed it to Fort Hood. But I cannot find that info now.
Thanks for the info. Are there any theories on what may have happened floating around the base?

Thank you for the info, it does look vast. If I was a runner there, I would want to run by the two lakes and then among the trees to the north. Are you allowed to run on those trails to the north? Northwest would be in the gun range area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member