Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I am looking forward to this too. You can always replay it if you can't catch it live. I have great respect for Mark, and eager to hear his thoughts.

Thanks, will try to listen to it tommorrow then.

I had a grotesque thought I’d rather not type out, however, it’s worth consideration. So the parents have a bio child, who is now 4 years of age. Seems odd to suddenly adopt another child when your own is so young. Then odd again to undertake an adoption from another country, despite it being your homeland. Is it possible WM was abusing their bio daughter in whatever fashion, and SM said, enough, this is your flesh and blood! So he alone decided to adopt a girl from India, thus explaining why he was the parent in charge of her care, and why their was reportedly friction in the marriage.

JMO, before coffee. :coffeews:

They may have very well started the process of adoption a year or 2 before the older child was born or even conceived. In an article I posted in thread 1 or 2, as of 2015 adoption from India (even to citizens living there) was taking roughly 3-4 years from the time prospective parents would begin the process with an adoption agency or orphanage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They may have very well started the process of adoption a year or 2 before the older child was born or even conceived. In an article I posted in thread 1 or 2, as of 2015 adoption from India (even to citizens living there) was taking roughly 3-4 years from the time prospective parents would begin the process with an adoption agency or orphanage.

Thank you, keeleydoll, I missed that article. I’m honestly surprised the process takes that long in India. Seems to be so much need, but clearly standards must be in place.

Let's hope it is temporary, and to avoid the children being adopted for less than honorable purposes.
It's a religious decision and unlikely to change, IMO, as a Catholic. I won't get into that here because that would be a religious discussion and not allowed on WS unless it had direct bearing on the case. It does not, but I thought I should point out that this decision has nothing to do with international adoptions specifically. It is simply a decision made by a religious order.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Richardson police have blocked off a large area down the street from the Mathews house along the train tracks.

At the intersection of Spring Valley and Bowser

Richardson police have blocked off a large area down the street from the Mathews house along the train tracks.

At the intersection of Spring Valley and Bowser

Keep us posted on developments, and thank you!

After reading all of the articles and keeping up with MSM and discussion here, I agree with those who have surmised that dad lost it and snapped. I think that happened at 3am. I wonder if the older sibling and/or mom are early risers so he had to get out and back quickly between 4am-5am. That is a very small window to take care of doing that, which is why I think this was not planned. He was rushing. The big question I have is why? That one hour window is going to explain a big piece of this situation, imo.
I also share the thought that the adoption process may have begun before SM got pregnant with their own child.

If this was already posted, sorry for repeating.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/ric...hardson-3-year-old-dumped-bushes-put-adoption
Sherin was adopted June 23 of last year (2016) by Wesley and Sini Mathews, an American couple of Indian origin, from Mother Teresa Anath Seva Sansthan, a nonprofit in India's Bihar state. Babita Kumari, who managed the now-closed center, told Indian CNN affiliate News18 that the girl had been found in bushes by passers-by, apparently dumped there.

Authorities sent her to the center, where the orphaned girl became known as Saraswati — the name of a Hindu river goddess linked with education and the arts — before being adopted by the Mathewses.

Mathews went to check on Sherin about 3:15 a.m. When he didn't find her he went inside to wait for daylight to continue searching, or for her to return on her own. As he waited, he did laundry, Richardson police Sgt. Kevin Perlich said.
So, she was originally abandoned by her birth family and left in the bushes. So, a punishment of abandonment and putting her by a tree makes perfect sense as a punishment - yeah, IF YOU'RE TRYING TO SCAR HER FOR LIFE!!!!

Just wow! What evil!!!

Also, it says while he waited for her to return he did laundry. Oh, and failed to mention he went for a little drive...

The police are making a statement at 2 pm (central time)

It's now a closed group apparently, so I am unable to see this post. Interesting that it's now closed.....

I think it might be a closed group now.
Here's the post that was with the photo I posted above.

"All the area just down the railroad tracks from the Mathew's house is being closed off by police. Anyone know if this has anything to do with the case?"

Unconfirmed reports are coming in that the body of Sherin Mathews has been found in a field off Spring Valley and Bowser
Again that is currently unconfirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member