Found Safe TX - SS, 8, Fort Worth, kidnapped while walking w/mother, 18 May 2019

Use of the internet or phone systems equates to interstate "wire" systems and if involved in a crime, that's how the Feds can get involved.

It is interesting and really makes many crimes federally prosecutable. Take a look at subsections (A) (1) and (G):
18 U.S. Code § 1201 - Kidnapping

I do believe there's a federal transportation of a minor for sexual purposes charge that doesn't need to involve interstate commerce or transport, however

Thank you. :)

Forest Hill Chief Fires Officer Who Did Not Find 8-Year-Old

The fallout continues.
The Forest Hill PD has fired the officer who did not find her on their first visit.

quote from article...
Forest Hill police Chief Dan Dennis said Wednesday that Sgt. Richardson Wolfe was placed on indefinite suspension, which is the equivalent of being fired under civil service rules.

JMO.... Unfortunately suspension is NOT the same as firing someone. This child could have been killed in the two hours, before the 2 citizens found her. What is wrong with this PD????

I too noted that they use the word indefinite suspension. It often means the separation of a permanent employee for an unspecified period of time when criminal charges are pending. Hmmm. I agree, the media is incorrect in the headline and its interpretation matching the fact of the matter.

quote from article...
Forest Hill police Chief Dan Dennis said Wednesday that Sgt. Richardson Wolfe was placed on indefinite suspension, which is the equivalent of being fired under civil service rules.

JMO.... Unfortunately suspension is NOT the same as firing someone. This child could have been killed in the two hours, before the 2 citizens found her. What is wrong with this PD????
And who knows what was done to her during those two hours.

Last edited:
Forest Hill officer terminated over response in kidnapping case; man indicted on federal charge | Courts | Dallas News

Sgt. Richardson Wolfe, 38, had been with the department since 2012. A department spokesman said the termination was a result of incompetence and ineptitude that Wolfe displayed during his second visit to the hotel, when accompanied by Fort Worth police.

Forest Hill police did not say whether any other officers would face discipline, but Chief Dan Dennis said that Wolfe's efforts that night were not up to standard.

"I wouldn't have wanted him to respond to the call if it was my 8-year-old, so I can't keep him on staff," Dennis told WFAA-TV (Channel 8).

And who knows what was done to her during those two hours. Seems pretty clear to me she was in the room when that officer failed to find her, or he wouldn't have been put on indefinite suspension (whatever exactly that means).

JMO, I think some folks in the community knew that could not count on local LE to find this girl.

They very quickly organized, set up grid search, and I'm confident monitored police scanner. MMO, I suspect someone heard the call for the motel and the 2 citizens zeroed in to follow up. Did the private citizen actually see the child, as reported or did he say what he needed to in order for LE to enter and search? I know what I would have said and done.

Clearly, the community this saved this child not LE.

Edited to correct, the car was seen and reported the second time. The child was NOT seen, my mistake.

Last edited:
As far as I can tell, the private citizens who got police to go to the hotel for the second time found the suspect's car, they didn't claim they saw the child. It's the first time when a private citizen claimed to have seen the suspect with the child, only that time police failed to find her.

As far as I can tell, the private citizens who got police to go to the hotel for the second time found the suspect's car, they didn't claim they saw the child. It's the first time when a private citizen claimed to have seen the suspect with the child, only that time police failed to find her.

I'll have to go back, but I was thinking (you know how that goes) the minister said he saw her the second time.

Edited..nope the minister saw the car not her. My mistake....

Last edited:
quote from article...

Just to clear things up, He is on Indefinite suspension because he has the right to appeal his "termination". But as such he is no longer on the Forest Hills PD roster and not being paid by the city.

I take it back, is sounds more confusing than ever.

That's correct, they saw the car not the child. Thanks, I was able to edit the original post.

Hours before kidnapped girl’s rescue, Forest Hill police checked suspect’s room

At about 2 a.m., Forest Hill officers returned to the scene after receiving another tip. Fort Worth officers arrived about six minutes later and took over the investigation.

“The child was located with Michael Webb a short time later,” the release states.

Fort Worth police have said two people saw the suspect’s car in the parking lot of the motel while helping in the search effort and alerted police. Officers breached the door and found Webb and the child inside the motel room.

I dunno, but if he was so inept during the second visit that it led to him being put on suspension, is it safe to assume he was also inept during the first visit?

Totally agree, I noticed the FT Worth police showed up 6 minutes into the second call and "took over" the investigation.

MMO, there's a back story here....wonder if we will get the details?

Just to clear things up, He is on Indefinite suspension because he has the right to appeal his "termination". But as such he is no longer on the Forest Hills PD roster and not being paid by the city.

I take it back, is sounds more confusing than ever.

So, if he does not appeal the suspension.....
Does the status change to termination? Or Does it remain a suspension?
JMO, what safeguard is there to prevent the officer from moving on to another PD ?

Quote from above link:
A Forest Hill police sergeant discounted the report of two Good Samaritans who had called 911 and reported they’d found the car believed to have been used in the kidnapping of an 8-year-old girl in Fort Worth, according to the police chief.

“The two callers were obviously concerned,” Forest Hill Police Chief Dan Dennis said Thursday. “They had located what was correctly the suspect’s vehicle. He basically discounted that. He looked at the suspect vehicle as unrelated and essentially tried to talk them out of it being the right vehicle.”

Dennis said it was thanks to police 911 call takers that Fort Worth police officers were also dispatched to the WoodSpring Suites.

“Fort Worth showed up and took that same evidence and, within minutes, was breaching the door,” Dennis said.

Read more here: New details show officer almost botched 2nd chance to rescue kidnapped Fort Worth girl

:eek: Whoa! Missing the girl because she was well hidden the first time is one thing, but this almost sounds as if the sergeant was actively trying to steer people away from suspecting the actual suspect was in that hotel. He deserved to be fired. MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80
Back