TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #15

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Sparky, May 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sparky

Sparky <b><span style="color:#000099;">Retired WS Staff</

continue here

2. Loading...

3. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"A fitness trainer and mother of three was murdered in a Dallas-area church Monday morning by a man wearing SWAT gear, police said."

"Boot camp-style exercise class participants who showed up at the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Tex., around 5 a.m. found their instructor Terri &#8220;Missy&#8221; Bevers, 45, dead, according to the Midlothian Police Department."

"Fitness trainer Terri (Missy) Bevers, 45, was killed early Monday just before her boot-camp style class, police said. Participants in the Camp Gladiator class found her dead when they arrived to a Midlothian, Tex., church for the workout."

"Police Chief Carl Smith said a man wearing what looked like a tactical helmet, gloves and a heavy vest with "POLICE" written on it could be seen in security camera footage from the E. U.S. Highway 287 church just before Bevers arrived. The department released the 4 a.m. footage Monday afternoon, though Smith said no cameras captured the attack."

MEDIA & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/fitness-instructor-murdered-texas-church-article-1.2606128

Missy Bevers husband said &#8220;I believe she was targeted, that&#8217;s my opinion"

Fitness trainer, 45, 'murdered at church by suspect wearing police SWAT gear after she walked in on an attempted burglary'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz46EVdAgSd

LE Update/Presser on April 22, 2016

Questions have swirled around the suspect's identity, but Kristi Stout does not believe her sister-in-law died because she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

'A lot of us, including myself, think she was targeted,' Stout told NBC DFW.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Link to Midlothian Police Department facebook page. Images (still and video) from the church featuring the perp can be seen here.

Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    Thread #4
    Thread #5
    Thread #6
    Thread #7
    Thread #8
    Thread #9
    Thread #10
    Thread #11
    Thread #12
    Thread #13
    Thread #14

Everyone, please read this
    post before you post anything else

Search Warrants

dry cleaner warrant - redacted
    LinkedIn warrant 5-5-16
    AT&T Tower warrant 5-5-16
    Search warrant

4. Eloise

Eloise Well-Known Member

I note it's about 7am Central time. I hope that the new day brings new information or new breakthroughs in the case. Even some confirmation that some people have been ruled out would be a start.

5. KaylynnCouture

KaylynnCouture New Member

I wasn't able to check in much yesterday. Can someone fill me in on anything I missed?

6. JLSChook

JLSChook Fin's Pet

Absolutely nothing. No news from LE. Nothing.

What's amazing?

7. arkansasmimi

arkansasmimi Active Member

Subscribing to thread 15! :coffeews:

8. Zeusman

Zeusman New Member

Anyone with any knowledge on police forensics have any idea why the bloody shirt DNA results are taking so long? Did they send to FBI HQ back east? Could it be there was a positive hit on human blood and they are double checking? This seems weird however as I implied by asking the question I have zero knowledge on how long this typically takes.

9. Day1_P1

Day1_P1 New Member

It is possible they have them back but aren't sharing. They don't seem to like sharing.

10. liltexans

liltexans Moderator Staff Member Moderator

11. Scout

Scout New Member

It could be because they believe the dog blood story to be true and therefore did not request priority status for the testing.

12. minor4th

minor4th Verified Attorney

They might have determined it wasn't human blood - therefore, no need for DNA testing.

That being said, I doubt they would announce whatever results they may have obtained either way.

13. texasgirl2

texasgirl2 Verified Insider in Hannah Thomas Garner case

Good morning y'all! :seeya:

I woke up this morning feeling super hopeful that today might be the day we hear something! Gosh I hope I'm right for once!!

I still have nothing to add ATM. I am still thinking that the perp isn't anyone we've ever heard of before......so I am waiting on more information or HOPEFULLY an arrest!! I can't help but feel that we are all on the wrong track here in the thread and we are just going in circles. IMHO, LE knows who the perp is and they are close to making an arrest. I have complete faith in them!!

A HUGE welcome to all the new members!! :) I really hope y'all will take some time to go back and read through the previous threads while there's a break. I know it's overwhelming but many of the things being brought up have been discussed at length and there is a lot of information there. It's still possible to get caught up so that we will all be on the same page when there is an arrest. ;) Anyway--I'm glad y'all are here!!

I am SO ready for justice to come for Missy.

Y'all play nice! :blowkiss:

14. Snow Flower

Snow Flower New Member

It appears that LE is using the tactic of holding information close to the vest in order to cause the perp more anxiety.

The person has no idea what they know, and neither do we. I feel they are very close to an arrest! JMO

15. SteveS

SteveS Attention: All my comments are IMO JMO MOO AFAIK e

Actually, that's the normal procedure for pretty much every police department in every high profile case in every decent-sized-or-bigger city everywhere. They feel no need to tell the public the details of what they discover, as they discover it, and act in that vein. So if we're smart, we're not reading something into the lack of known-by-us information on each test, each lead, each POI, and so on, because that lack of public information is nothing more than "regular life" in the way these things are most likely to be handled.

16. Curious21

Curious21 New Member

I've been reading through as fast as I can.....and kind of skipping the repetitive stuff....

Someone asked about FBI, DEA, ATF, Other PD's being spotted in the area, I haven't seen any in Midlo. And I drive pass the MPD every morning and afternoon, and in the evenings all around Midlo for my kids activities/sports. Could be working during the day while I'm at work in Dallas?

Someone asked about camper that found MB identity, no it has not been made public and no they are not on the WS/phone target list, I know because I know who the camper is.

I'm going back and forth on the POI....from it being as another person stated "juvenile" unknown person to MB to it possibly being someone close to MB circle.

I feel that....a gun was not involved.....but I could be wrong. I know that one of the campers that found MB stated that "she was all cut up".....no mention of gun wounds but maybe the other wounds could have possibly covered up the gun wound IF there were any. JMO

As I've stated before....call us crazy but some of us locals are not scared or worried about it being a serial killer on the loose and teens/high school kids are still hanging out at night, people are still jogging out in the open...carrying on with our everyday lives.

17. SpanishInquisition

SpanishInquisition New Member

There seemed to be a lot of focus that it was someone directly or indirectly connected through CG, though MB stopping going to the gym a couple weeks prior is a curveball.

18. mountainguy777

mountainguy777 Member

It didn't appear LE was going to be holding info about a week ago with the info on warrants, target numbers, etc, so that's been a bit frustrating.

19. Cannonball3804

Cannonball3804 Former Member

I was just sitting here thinking about the perp's height. If LE is correct that height is 5'-8" or 5'-9", and if the prevailing view is correct that gender is female, then that does help to narrow things down. That height is above average for females. And for that matter, it's below average for males.

If this was a targeted killing in which the perp had some connection to MB either directly or indirectly, there just won't be many people in the potential pool who are that height. If it was a random killing with no prior connection, then that makes things harder. But I'll be shocked if it was random.Everything about this case screams "planned" and "crime of passion".

But it's important that LE gets the estimated height on the nose. Shouldn't be hard to do - they dress someone in similar outfit and have them re-create the perp's movements for the church cameras, then compare the footage until they get a close match. But maybe that's why they called in experts to help review footage; maybe they're checking and double-checking the height estimate.

20. Mountaingazer

Mountaingazer Active Member

I think the testing is a lot more difficult than people are assuming. The receipt says that they attempted to treat the stain before bringing it to the drycleaners. It might have just been rinsed, hydrogen peroxide, a stain stick might have been used, etc. I don't think it was just a shirt covered in fresh blood that could easily be stuck under a microscope.

21. Cannonball3804

Cannonball3804 Former Member

Such a radical change in her routine HAS to be pertinent to the murder, you'd have to think. But Nancy Grace and her guests only went down ONE track of why that change in routine might have occurred.

Yes, it could have been that someone at the gym was making her uncomfortable. But... it could also be that she didn't go to the gym because there was someplace else that she would rather go instead. I know this is speculation. I don't want to violate TOS being a newbie and all, and I am not wanting to blame Missy. She is the victim here no matter what. But is it possible that not being at the gym allowed her to be somewhere else while those close to her would have been none the wiser, thinking that her whereabouts were always accounted for?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.