U.K - Third Royal Baby on the way - Prince William and Duchess of Cambridge

The Queen must be mulling over the choice of names!!!

Royal baby name LIVE updates: Kate and William to reveal name TODAY as HUGE hint dropped

THE Royal baby name is expected to be announced today, with excitement building over what The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's third child will be called. Prince William has revealed that his son will have a “strong name” while the bookies say Arthur is still the favourite. Follow all the live updates and news here...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...-baby-called-boy-Kate-Middleton-name-revealed

Royal baby will have "strong" name. Alexander? Arthur?

Royal baby name LIVE updates: Kate and William to reveal name TODAY as HUGE hint dropped

THE Royal baby name is expected to be announced today, with excitement building over what The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's third child will be called. Prince William has revealed that his son will have a “strong name” while the bookies say Arthur is still the favourite. Follow all the live updates and news here...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...-baby-called-boy-Kate-Middleton-name-revealed

Royal baby will have "strong" name. Alexander? Arthur?

I would love Alexander!

I'll take Alexander over Arthur. Arthur reminds me of a drunk Dudley Moore and I can't help but think how Princess Diana botched her vows by calling Prince Charles "Philip Charles Arthur George" every time I hear the name Arthur.

but that's just me.

I doubt they will choose Alexander since it's one of Prince George's middle names. But I'm not a fan of Arthur, either. Didn't Diana reject the names Arthur and Albert for her sons because she said they sounded "too old"? William and Catherine seem to try to honor Diana as well as the Queen. But who knows? They are taking their time revealing the name. Hopefully someone will talk them out of Arthur if that was their choice. There's not even a good nickname for Arthur.

"Art" (nickname) doesn't sound strong or royal ;)

When I read about William's remark about a "strong" name, I immediately thought of Alexander the Great. Then, King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. Both names are "strong" to me, but I'm not particularly a fan of either. I was actually hoping he'd be named John - and called "Jack" for short :)

"Art" (nickname) doesn't sound strong or royal ;)

When I read about William's remark about a "strong" name, I immediately thought of Alexander the Great. Then, King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. Both names are "strong" to me, but I'm not particularly a fan of either. I was actually he'd be named John - and called "Jack" for short :)

It's funny you mention the name John. That's one of the names I was hoping they would consider as well. I wish they could go rogue and honor Diana by calling the baby Spencer, but I think the Queen's head would explode if they did that. ;)

When I think of Arthur, my mind immediately goes to the name Artie, which is not strong at all. It's comical, in my book, but that's just me.

I vote Alfred. Alfred the great. Call him Alfie.

Would also like Spencer.

It's funny you mention the name John. That's one of the names I was hoping they would consider as well. I wish they could go rogue and honor Diana by calling the baby Spencer, but I think the Queen's head would explode if they did that. ;)

Maybe Harry and Meghan will give their child/ren less traditional "royal" names. William and Kate seem eager to please the Queen.

I'd like to see Michael included as one of the middle names to honor Kate's father.

TIME article suggests baby name will be announced tomorrow:

...Fortunately, based on the timeline Kate and William followed for their first two children, the wait for the royal baby’s name is likely almost over. It’s expected that the couple will announce the new prince’s name sometime on Thursday...

http://time.com/5254319/prince-william-royal-baby-name-hint/

:waiting:

Thursday? Why the wait? Are they still toying with names?

I don't think they will rule out Alexander or Louis just because they are Prince George's middle names. I know in America you like to use the middle initial a lot, but here in the UK middle names are almost never used and have very little significance.

That being said, I hope they will go a little bit off piste and choose a name that it not traditionally royal, like Theodore, Sebastian, Hugo or Rupert. All of those are well used in the British aristocracy, so he would fit in well at Eton. :)

Maybe Harry and Meghan will give their child/ren less traditional "royal" names. William and Kate seem eager to please the Queen.

I'd like to see Michael included as one of the middle names to honor Kate's father.

Francis would also be a nice nod to Kate's father and Frances was Diana's middle name.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back