Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #2 *M. Bridger guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but it is extremely rare life means life in this country. Sentencing of criminals in the UK is ridiculous...there is always uproar about how lenient punishment is. It is almost farcical. The law almost seems to be on the side of the criminal, a definite shake up of our judical system is needed.

Oh I agree, we need stricter sentencing in most cases definitely.

If MB is found guilty I really don't see him ever being released however.

Oh I agree, we need stricter sentencing in most cases definitely.

If MB is found guilty I really don't see him ever being released however.

I hope so. He should NEVER be released if convicted. Sadly though alot of murderers are, even though they are given life sentences. I think though that you may be right in this case and the judge will recommend he is never released. :please:

A life sentence actually means 25 years I think. Generally murderers, especially child or sexual murders, should be locked up for the rest of their lives. It's not fair on the families of the victims - who are secondary victims themselves - that they never have closure, because they know that there's always a chance they could eventually be let out.

---------------------

I came on here because my nan told me that they have charged him with murder because of forensic evidence found in the van?

Also, they ought to work out when he last brought petrol, from where and how much, and how much was left in the tank, and then they could work out a maximum circumference of where the body could be. They could work out how far he could drive with that amount of petrol, and the possible routes he could have taken. It strikes me as an impulsive paedophile attack, with him panicking and killing her, rather than something thoroughly planned. Therefore, I can't see him bothering to carry her body too far from the road. He would also have pulled in and parked somewhere convenient, such as a layby.

Yes but it is extremely rare life means life in this country. Sentencing of criminals in the UK is ridiculous...there is always uproar about how lenient punishment is. It is almost farcical. The law almost seems to be on the side of the criminal, a definite shake up of our judical system is needed.

I think the sentences handed out for the most appalling crimes, such as ones like this, which receive massive media attention, tend to be long. Not long enough for everyone to be satisfied, but I doubt anyone convicted of this crime would be out in less than 30 years, perhaps never.

It's when someone's life gets ruined by a random attack by a who beats them senseless for 'looking at them funny' and they get a few months or avoid jail entirely, is where the main problem lies.

Britain is becoming a very violent country. It's always been a bit nastier than the most other European countries, but it seems to be getting worse.

I would certainly be more inclined to vote for a party that made dealing with violent crime, from top to bottom, the central aspect of it's manifesto, rather than the economy. Violent crime should be treated very differently than non-violent crime.

If you seriously hurt someone physically, with violence, you should face a long time in jail. There should be no mitigating circumstances, other than self-defence. It has to be zero tolerance and I would count something like punching someone and breaking their nose, or glassing someone, as seriously hurting them.

Some will be calling for the killer of April to be beaten to death by a mob, but that just adds to the problem. Once you decide that violence is acceptable, under some circumstances, you just have to hope that people will make the right decisions, as in when to resort to violence.

And many of them won't. It's never the answer, anyway.

A life sentence actually means 25 years I think. Generally murderers, especially child or sexual murders, should be locked up for the rest of their lives. It's not fair on the families of the victims - who are secondary victims themselves - that they never have closure, because they know that there's always a chance they could eventually be let out.

---------------------

I came on here because my nan told me that they have charged him with murder because of forensic evidence found in the van?

Also, they ought to work out when he last brought petrol, from where and how much, and how much was left in the tank, and then they could work out a maximum circumference of where the body could be. They could work out how far he could drive with that amount of petrol, and the possible routes he could have taken. It strikes me as an impulsive paedophile attack, with him panicking and killing her, rather than something thoroughly planned. Therefore, I can't see him bothering to carry her body too far from the road. He would also have pulled in and parked somewhere convenient, such as a layby.

In the vehicle? It has been indicated that the evidence was found in his home. But I do hope they tried to determine mileage, etc. if possible, and how long he was out of the area.

It just seems such a daunting task to locate her.

We've a number of cases in the US now where a child is missing(Ayla, Lisa, Kyron, for starters) and a parent or step-parent is thought to be involved, but no charges have come about, some in more than two years. LE has not indicated that the children are deceased in any of the cases, although most people believe they are. So I really think there is no doubt in little April's case, and like others, am fearful of the possible implications of his previous employment at the abattoir.

I don't understand not giving life without chance of parole to child murderers. How can anyone feel they should be returned to society, ever? Sometimes it happens in USA, but most do get LWOP and it means LWOP. Anyway.

Because there are mitigating circumstances sometimes however horrendous killing a child is, the justice system is not an eye for an eye

Sorry, I was merely discussing and put up links for others I meant no upset. He has been interviewed 4 times by police and thinks he is the last person to have seen April, so I would think be quite crucial as a witness??

Stop apologising LOL

i was just wondering why the oap saying the kids played there all the time meant anything at all which your post alluded to

Because there are mitigating circumstances sometimes however horrendous killing a child is, the justice system is not an eye for an eye

If you are referring to mental disability, then possibly. But if such a disability is severe enough to lead one to kill a child, I still believe they should be kept from general society.

---------------------

No, it doesn't. A life sentence means a life sentence. In most cases, the judge will set a minimum tarrif after which the prisoner can apply for parole, and that tarrif varies from case to case depending on the circumstances. In the most serious cases, the judge will refuse to set a tarrif, which means the prisoner will never be eligible for parole.

Those who apply for, and get, parole are released on license, are supervised within the community, and can be recalled to prison at any time, even if they commit no further offense.

If you are referring to mental disability, then possibly. But if such a disability is severe enough to lead one to kill a child, I still believe they should be kept from general society.

Oh i agree and that goes for mothers who kill because of x y z factors

Agreed. There may be a medical reason why a person commits murder, but the public should not be put at risk from that person again, no matter how unfair it might seem. The safety of people at large is of more importance than the impact that incarceration has on one individual.

It shouldn't need to even an offence as serious as murder. Slashing someone's face with a knife is enough for me to happily put someone behind bars for the rest of their life. Once you do something like that once, you will always be a risk to others, no matter how old you get.

I still think this man is innocent for some reason

Based on what?

It seems clear that police in the UK cannot and do not release any evidence that they have gathered. So not sure how that conclusion can be drawn, based on what little we know, other than "innocent until proven, etc..." A lot of hoops have to be jumped through to obtain permission to charge, apparently, same as in USA. That means presenting evidence and the word "forensics" has surfaced in relation to his home, leading LE to declare that they are now searching for April's body.

Are your thoughts that he has been totally framed up?

Based on what?

It seems clear that police in the UK cannot and do not release any evidence that they have gathered. So not sure how that conclusion can be drawn, based on what little we know, other than "innocent until proven, etc..." A lot of hoops have to be jumped through to obtain permission to charge, apparently, same as in USA. That means presenting evidence and the word "forensics" has surfaced in relation to his home, leading LE to declare that they are now searching for April's body.

Are your thoughts that he has been totally framed up?

he is guilty based on what? A seven yr olds description of a car that he didnt have? and aprils mother pointing the finger?

it seemed so to me for ages

nothing made sense

i hope the police KNOW he did it BUT if they know why arent they giving the family the evidence so they can stop hoping??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa