Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of interest has anyone walked her route from home to buzzacot lane and then other route/routes over to her workplace in Knowlhill? There’s so many diffrent routes she could have taken around Furzton lake? Milton Keynes has the red ways and a lot of footpaths and shortcuts. Her walk into work was quite long 40 minutes from home to Knowhill, and the last footage of her at Buzzacot lane was only 10 minutes into her journey and that leaves 30 minutes travelling to her workplace.

Just out of interest has anyone walked her route from home to buzzacot lane and then other route/routes over to her workplace in Knowlhill? There’s so many diffrent routes she could have taken around Furzton lake? Milton Keynes has the red ways and a lot of footpaths and shortcuts. Her walk into work was quite long 40 minutes from home to Knowhill, and the last footage of her at Buzzacot lane was only 10 minutes into her journey and that leaves 30 minutes travelling to her workplace.
I'm not local to MK but I "walked" her route via google street view a while ago. Her last known sighting was on teletubbie hill at 8.20am by an eye witness. I worked out her walking speed by using the time she left her house to the time she was caught on CCTV on buzzacot Lane at 8.16am. I then walked her route from teletubbie hill at 8.20am until 8.34am when her phone left the network and it brought me to an underpass (this is if you carried on her usual route to work). I then walked a different route and it brought me to the premier Inn. IMO I think this would be an ideal place for her to have met someone/got into a car or taxi and for it to have not been noticed, because if any guests at the premier inn at the time witnessed anything they were probably no longer in the area by the time Leahs disappearance hit the news and if she got into a car willingly it would not have seemed out of the ordinary or caused any commotion for anyone to notice anyway.

I always try Company House listings for sleuthing to see what that comes up with.
The farm house with the strange face in the barn hasn't been neglected for years as a business was running there until 2017. It's not like one of the many derelict places in and around Milton Keynes that the urban explorers like to visit.

Last edited:

You're quite correct that there were various routes Leah could have took when she walked to walk. Several of them were mentioned in the TVP's re-appeal for witnesses in August 2020 (mkfm.com 11/08/2020):

Senior investigating officer, Detective Chief Inspector Andy Howard, of the Major Crime Unit, said: “On the morning of Friday, February 15, 2019, Leah left her home address in Quantock Crescent. We know that at 8.07am, she was spotted on a CCTV camera in Leigh Hill, just a matter of metres away from Quantock Crescent.

“At 8.16am, Leah was seen again on CCTV in Buzzacott Lane, approximately a ten minute walk from her home address. She was heading in the direction of Dulverton Drive, towards Tellytubbie Hill. However since that sighting on CCTV, there have been no further confirmed sightings of Leah at all.

“Leah walked to work in Knowlhill most mornings, and it is believed that she was on her way to work as usual at this time. Leah would often take different variations of her walking route; we know that on Wednesday 13 and Thursday 14 February that Leah crossed from Furzton into Shenley Lodge and walked up Faraday Drive towards Knowlhill; but we also know that she would sometimes walk the routes that took her directly around part of Furzton Lake.

“Leah’s workplace is in Davy Avenue, which means that Leah’s walk to work is approximately two miles long. It is a busy route through largely residential areas, and therefore I believe that at such a busy time in the morning it’s highly likely that other members of the public will have walked, cycled, or driven past her. Somebody must have seen Leah after she passed the CCTV camera on Buzzacott Lane.

“I would like to reach out and appeal to the residents and commuters in this area, particularly Buzzacott Lane, Dulverton Drive, Loxbeare Avenue and the roads close to Furzton Lake, as well as Faraday Drive and the roads surrounding it. Were you travelling along the H7 Chaffron Way that morning?

“We know these locations were such a feature of Leah’s weekday routine. She would have been walking along these roads and streets, between Emerson Valley, through Furzton and Shenley Lodge and into Knowlhill habitually between 8am and 9am each weekday morning.

Four facts we definitely know from Friday 15 February 2019 are:

1. CCTV footage of Leah at Leigh Hill at 8.07 am

2. CCTV footage of Leah at Buzzacott Lane at 8.16 am

3. Witness sighting at Teletubbie Hill at 8.20 am

4. Leah's phone leaves the network at 8.34 am on the north side of Furzton Lake, near to the Premier Inn.

Clever you for working out which route she most likely took. If her phone dropped off the network at either the underpass or the Premier Inn it really doesn’t sound good :(
Do you think she was intercepted whilst heading into work that morning? Oh also do you know whether the Premier Inn the route timing took you to was the same one that she had spent the night at previously? It’s such a terrible thought that whomever that man was is so highly manipulative as to have had her pre-emptively cover his tracks for him by switching to a burner phone.

I'm not local to MK but I "walked" her route via google street view a while ago. Her last known sighting was on teletubbie hill at 8.20am by an eye witness. I worked out her walking speed by using the time she left her house to the time she was caught on CCTV on buzzacot Lane at 8.16am. I then walked her route from teletubbie hill at 8.20am until 8.34am when her phone left the network and it brought me to an underpass (this is if you carried on her usual route to work). I then walked a different route and it brought me to the premier Inn. IMO I think this would be an ideal place for her to have met someone/got into a car or taxi and for it to have not been noticed, because if any guests at the premier inn at the time witnessed anything they were probably no longer in the area by the time Leahs disappearance hit the news and if she got into a car willingly it would not have seemed out of the ordinary or caused any commotion for anyone to notice anyway.

What is that area called the National Bowl? On the Satellite it looks like is might be an area where people might camp out with their cars and sell items.

I always thought that if it where a stranger attack that is where it would have happened- in that underpass.

Of course many details have come out which lead one to think it equally or more likely that this had something to do with her complicated relationship.

Thank you Wise Owl for such a detailed post. It’s horribly chilling because some of those redways and footpaths that snake around the lakes and MK can be very desolate. And there’s alot of unmarked shortcuts too in between the housing estates. I used to cycle into work years ago using some of them but I stopped because I didn’t feel it was safe.I am going to street view her route.

You're quite correct that there were various routes Leah could have took when she walked to walk. Several of them were mentioned in the TVP's re-appeal for witnesses in August 2020 (mkfm.com 11/08/2020):

Senior investigating officer, Detective Chief Inspector Andy Howard, of the Major Crime Unit, said: “On the morning of Friday, February 15, 2019, Leah left her home address in Quantock Crescent. We know that at 8.07am, she was spotted on a CCTV camera in Leigh Hill, just a matter of metres away from Quantock Crescent.

“At 8.16am, Leah was seen again on CCTV in Buzzacott Lane, approximately a ten minute walk from her home address. She was heading in the direction of Dulverton Drive, towards Tellytubbie Hill. However since that sighting on CCTV, there have been no further confirmed sightings of Leah at all.

“Leah walked to work in Knowlhill most mornings, and it is believed that she was on her way to work as usual at this time. Leah would often take different variations of her walking route; we know that on Wednesday 13 and Thursday 14 February that Leah crossed from Furzton into Shenley Lodge and walked up Faraday Drive towards Knowlhill; but we also know that she would sometimes walk the routes that took her directly around part of Furzton Lake.

“Leah’s workplace is in Davy Avenue, which means that Leah’s walk to work is approximately two miles long. It is a busy route through largely residential areas, and therefore I believe that at such a busy time in the morning it’s highly likely that other members of the public will have walked, cycled, or driven past her. Somebody must have seen Leah after she passed the CCTV camera on Buzzacott Lane.

“I would like to reach out and appeal to the residents and commuters in this area, particularly Buzzacott Lane, Dulverton Drive, Loxbeare Avenue and the roads close to Furzton Lake, as well as Faraday Drive and the roads surrounding it. Were you travelling along the H7 Chaffron Way that morning?

“We know these locations were such a feature of Leah’s weekday routine. She would have been walking along these roads and streets, between Emerson Valley, through Furzton and Shenley Lodge and into Knowlhill habitually between 8am and 9am each weekday morning.

Four facts we definitely know from Friday 15 February 2019 are:

1. CCTV footage of Leah at Leigh Hill at 8.07 am

2. CCTV footage of Leah at Buzzacott Lane at 8.16 am

3. Witness sighting at Teletubbie Hill at 8.20 am

4. Leah's phone leaves the network at 8.34 am on the north side of Furzton Lake, near to the Premier Inn.

Ugh those underpasses are unpleasant I was just thinking the exact same thing. Plenty of scumbags in the area. Willen Lake used to be a destination for sex offenders who would be taken out on supervised group walks around the lake. I just looked I didn’t realise the bowl was so close to her route.It’s a sort of arena. I’ve only visited once to help a friend with a car boot sale and it was a horrible experience we had people steal from her stall and some of the other stalls looked like stolen goods!!!!
Anyhow it would be the best place to walk around you’d be sort of trapped by the main road and the outer perimeter of it and there’s some shanty town looking things around the outside of it last time I drove past there.

What is that area called the National Bowl? On the Satellite it looks like is might be an area where people might camp out with their cars and sell items.

I always thought that if it where a stranger attack that is where it would have happened- in that underpass.

Of course many details have come out which lead one to think it equally or more likely that this had something to do with her complicated relationship.

Last edited:
Juicy this is a really good theory, probably the most level headed one I hadn’t thought of the developers putting on pressure. From what I read it was on the market for sale at that point anyhow, and they took it off the market whilst police search the property in connection to Leah’s disappearance. I’d love to know what led three to search here in the first place. My theory is she was negligent probably wasting money on drugs how else could you explain leaving 3 dogs to starve to death!!!! And if what she said had any truth about being afraid in that house for her safety then you would question as to why she would ever leave 3 of her dogs there. Nobody broke in and hurt them she locked them in there and left them to starve to death.I suspect she made up the story of a friend feeding and disposing of the dogs.
I don't think police always release information if they find old remains over one hundred years old or something like aborted foetuses. Anything else it would be in the public interest for them to release information.

I don't think police always release information if they find old remains over one hundred years old or something like aborted foetuses. Anything else it would be in the public interest for them to release information.
The newspapers say that locals were a bit surprised as to why the place was searched in the first place. I can see why they did with the owner saying people had vendetta against her and she fled in February 2019 around the time Leah vanished into thin air. I wonder if freedom of information request can be sent to the police to ask if anything of archeological interest has been found there which would explain any rumours of the ground being dug up and nothing more said about the matter.

Last edited:
If we want to look at a road of interest for modern slavery (also illegal puppy selling) then Whaddon Way comes up quite a few times in the papers. There is always the possibility that Leah was trafficked by some local gang.

Milton Keynes family faces jail for smuggling and selling sick puppies to unsuspecting buyers

"They contacted the seller and were messaged back by a different number and arranged to go and see the puppy at Whaddon Way, Milton Keynes".

10 arrests in Milton Keynes as part of investigation into drugs, modern slavery and human trafficking

"Two car washes, one in Whaddon Way, Bletchley, and one at Peartree Bridge, were among venues raided".

Last edited:
I am looking at this case now as another missing person who got on a train from Wembley to Scotland and was found passed on a golf course in Gogarburn, Scotland. I see that the train went via Hemel Hempstead so wondered if anyone knows if it also passes through Milton Keynes where someone could have boarded who she may have met or is this just a random observation .
Saima Ahmed: Golf course death mystery 'doesn't make sense'

Last edited:
Clever you for working out which route she most likely took. If her phone dropped off the network at either the underpass or the Premier Inn it really doesn’t sound good :(
Do you think she was intercepted whilst heading into work that morning? Oh also do you know whether the Premier Inn the route timing took you to was the same one that she had spent the night at previously? It’s such a terrible thought that whomever that man was is so highly manipulative as to have had her pre-emptively cover his tracks for him by switching to a burner phone.

No the Premier Inn is on Furzton Lake. If you are referring to the night she claimed to be at Jury’s Inn but wasn’t, that turned out to be the Travellodge at the bottom of the city centre

Ugh those underpasses are unpleasant I was just thinking the exact same thing. Plenty of scumbags in the area. Willen Lake used to be a destination for sex offenders who would be taken out on supervised group walks around the lake. I just looked I didn’t realise the bowl was so close to her route.It’s a sort of arena. I’ve only visited once to help a friend with a car boot sale and it was a horrible experience we had people steal from her stall and some of the other stalls looked like stolen goods!!!!
Anyhow it would be the best place to walk around you’d be sort of trapped by the main road and the outer perimeter of it and there’s some shanty town looking things around the outside of it last time I drove past there.

All personal experiences are valid but very different. I walk around MK daily very very rarely do I see anyone hanging around at underpasses particularly during the day, just people using the redways to go about their business, I have never felt unsafe.

I’ve been reading through some of the older threads and it seems more like AC and it his family had something to do with Leah’s disappearance. I was hoping to find whatever the dwarf was so it could be discounted as not being Leah because I don’t think it looked like her or human. The headline from a few days again was so sensational re the apparition linked to Leah and the search that may or may not have taken place here in Eaton Bray a few years ago made it feel like there could have been a link. I still wonder who on earth spotted that crazy street view of the dwarf and why they were looking there?

BBM. I'm doubled-up laughing here. JMO MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member