Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes you think that Joseph McCann needed to be picked up by a family member upon his release from prison.

I am having problems with the forum today, at least my browser is.. Joseph McCann wasn't considered a sexual threat on that release. Serial rapist Joseph McCann was not viewed as a sexual risk by officials despite making “graphic” threats and saying he wanted a “clean young girl” when he was released, a report has revealed. So he'd be like many prisoners released there .. let out the gates there early with tickets for travelling. Sorry if thats been mentioned before.
Rapist Joseph McCann was not viewed as sex threat by officials despite saying he wanted a 'clean young girl'

The main point made on this forum which would rule him out is that there is no solid evidence that JMC was at HMP Woodhill. Most prisoners have no car at first so would have needed to be picked up from the prison gates by a family member. The previous timings of last sightings of Leah are too early in the morning unless he was at Woodhill. Police would have had a strong case of looking at JMC's movements as well as any other rapists or known offenders in the area to be able to rule him out.
My point was that someone else could have abducted Leah but he could have still had a part to play later on.
JMC went to Aylesbury to stay with his mother which is not that great a distance from Milton Keynes.
JMC came from a travellers background and there is a site close to the Eaton Bray property where 'barn lady' was later sighted. He also had the Modus Operandi of abducting people.
As far as I’m aware he wasn’t in Woodhill prison.

As far as I’m aware he wasn’t in Woodhill prison.

Can you elaborate on that @lollipop63? Is it that you've never heard/read that he was in HMP Woodhill? Or is it that you've heard or read that he wasn't? Because there's quite a big difference. Either way, can you tell us how you came by that knowledge? No one else seems to be able to find a reliable source of information.

I am having problems with the forum today, at least my browser is.. Joseph McCann wasn't considered a sexual threat on that release. Serial rapist Joseph McCann was not viewed as a sexual risk by officials despite making “graphic” threats and saying he wanted a “clean young girl” when he was released, a report has revealed. So he'd be like many prisoners released there .. let out the gates there early with tickets for travelling. Sorry if thats been mentioned before. So if they had a list of known sexual offenders or attackers to look at in regard to Leah looks like he wouldn't have been on it.
Rapist Joseph McCann was not viewed as sex threat by officials despite saying he wanted a 'clean young girl'
I have mentioned on here before that he would have been more than capable of abducting Leah and there have been valid points for and against this theory made including the ones I mentioned. I think if there is evidence that he wasn't in Woodhill as lollipop63 has stated it makes this abduction theory less likely. Also he had no car from what we are aware and mostly stole cars for his previous abductions.

I have mentioned on here before that he would have been more than capable of abducting Leah and there have been valid points for and against this theory made including the ones I mentioned. I think if there is evidence that he wasn't in Woodhill as lollipop63 has stated it makes this abduction theory less likely. Also he had no car from what we are aware and mostly stole cars for his previous abductions.
Oh yes, certainly would have been looking at past reports on him one of the first kids in uk to get an Asbo and terrorised the neighbourhoods he lived in. I think it would be very likely he'd steal a car anyways. But if somebody knows for certain that he wasn't released from Woodhill then yes I would find it unlikely. Sometimes .. prisoners are moved to prisons nearer their part of the country when due for release for a short duration.. right?

bbm

With respect, that is not (yet) what @Lollipop63 has stated.

Can you elaborate on that @lollipop63? Is it that you've never heard/read that he was in HMP Woodhill? Or is it that you've heard or read that he wasn't? Because there's quite a big difference. Either way, can you tell us how you came by that knowledge? No one else seems to be able to find a reliable source of information.
I actually read it online,I think he was near Watford but I’ll have a search and try to find it for you.

Me too, there does not seem to be anything about where McCann was in prison prior to his February 15th release.

Me too, there does not seem to be anything about where McCann was in prison prior to his February 15th release.
Nothing here about the prison but some interesting comments about his after release care.
Joseph McCann: Serial rapist freed by 'unstable' probation staff
Quote: Another "key element" of planning for such a high risk offender to leave prison was making sure he had suitable accommodation.

He should have been given a bed in a bail hostel, known as approved premises, where he could be monitored by probation after being freed.

But after probation officers twice "tried, and failed" to get him a space he was instead allowed to live with family where he could not be monitored closely, Mr Russell said.

Ordeal of woman, 71, abducted from Morrisons by Joseph McCann

Quote: At one point, she said McCann told her "I've got a knife, I killed somebody this morning."

We can only assume that he was blagging on May 5th when an elderly woman was abducted from Morrisons car park.

We can also assume that he was not at HMP Woodhill before his release unless something comes to light.

Last edited:
He weren't on any high risk list though, that is where they failed. Up to then he was in there for burglary they didn't take any of his sexual comments into account. So those plans would not even have been in place.. they would have only if he were high risk.I read he didn't even make any contact with them. I also read he had a personal network of people helping him. I find it odd nowhere mentions where he was released from, especially since they put that community at risk.

He weren't on any high risk list though, that is where they failed. Up to then he was in there for burglary they didn't take any of his sexual comments into account. So those plans would not even have been in place.. they would have only if he were high risk.I read he didn't even make any contact with them. I also read he had a personal network of people helping him. I find it odd nowhere mentions where he was released from, especially since they put that community at risk.
It appears that HMP
This document (section 12, page 34 of 62) refers to "JMc's prison offender supervisor" in Oct 2018 at HMP Mount (which is at Bovingdon).

https://www.justiceinspectorates.go...ndent-review-of-the-case-of-Joseph-McCann.pdf
Quote: 'At the time of these offences JMc was subject to supervision by the NPS South East and Eastern Division following his release from prison on licence on 15 February 2019'.
Thank you for finding this Tortoise. So it can now be confirmed that the date was the same date Leah went missing.

He was deemed too dangerous to be released following three parole hearings before finally being let out on licence in 2017.

He was arrested soon after and jailed for three years for burglary.

After 18 months he should have gone before a Parole Board panel.

Instead, he was released without assessment on February 15 this year because staff at HMP Coldingley, Surrey, had not been alerted.

He was deemed too dangerous to be released following three parole hearings before finally being let out on licence in 2017.

Instead, he was released without assessment on February 15 this year because staff at HMP Coldingley, Surrey, had not been alerted.
The lady at the barn in Eaton Bray who left her dogs to starve to death alleged that she was fleeing for her life from either a dangerous person or group of persons. Could JMCC have had any connection with these people is my thought.

Thanks, well found! Sorry to be tedious, but what's the source for that? It would certainly seem to rule out any likelihood of his involvement in Leah's disappearance (assuming "this year" relates to something that was written in 2019).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member