Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was PA‘s address to the press an off the cuff appearance or was it arranged by the police?

if the latter I’m intrigued as to why they have waited for exactly a week to the day and almost exact time to ask PA to speak on camera at what appears to be the scene (or very close to it).
Whilst non of us know how we’d react in such a situation, the very minimum I’m expecting to here is NB described as Nicola or Nikki, not ‘she’.

JMO.
It looked like an off the cuff appearance. He was wrapped up in a coat, Hat & scarf, looked to me like he was possibly at the scene, marking the week.

The laughter isn't orthodox, granted, but I agree that the guy is in a clear state of shock - frozen almost - so it's not fair for anyone to judge/make wild theories based purely on the fact he isn't giving us the reaction we want/are expecting (i.e. floods of tears and barely able to talk). From what I can see, his reaction has the markings of a trauma response. The press said earlier in the week that he was too devastated to speak publicly so I can only imagine the emotion that's gone on behind closed doors. Also, we don't know the guy personally. Maybe he's quite wry and dry-witted by nature and that's his way of responding to a "no sh-- Sherlock" glib, journalistic remark like "you must be warmed by the public response".
We know he's an engineer- although not sure what kind. From the point of view of typical psychological preferences of people attracted to this detailed, logical and precise type of work, we would expect him to be introvert and less exuberant and therefore less likely to show emotions unless he was very comfortable with someone.

Everyone reacts differently and you can't analyse a couple of minutes out of context. A couple of years ago I found my mum dead from a drug overdose. While the police and ambulance people where milling around I noticed a lottery ticket on her fireplace and said 'this thing had better be a winner after all this' and laughed. If this would've been on camera it would have probably looked really dodgy!

For those interested, I'm sure many of you know but I haven't seen it specifically mentioned on here, you can view the scene on Google maps from overhead (the river, path, and field etc.), and if you drag the little 'street view man' over the scene, it will highlight photographs that members of the public have taken. You can then select to go into one of those photos, which essentially allows you to navigate the area around the scene as if you were on street view. It's quite useful for orienting from different angles.

For example, here is a link to a picture of a slightly odd looking outbuilding on the towpath just up from the bench. I only share it because nobody else has mentioned it, not because I think it holds any particular significance.

I think the building is probably part of a flood defence system. If you click and drag the image through 180 degrees (so that you are looking back towards the bench), the river bank at that point certainly looks to have all the hallmarks of being a flood defence barrier. Occasionally it will over-flood, letting water into what we are now calling the lower field. The building probably stands above a pipe and controls a valve which can be opened to allow flood water to exit the field once the river level has subsided.

Incidentally, the view I am suggesting above shows that if poor Willow was anywhere in that field other than on the embankment itself, she is unlikely have seen Nicola fall into the river (if that is, indeed, what has happened).

Was PA‘s address to the press an off the cuff appearance or was it arranged by the police?

if the latter I’m intrigued as to why they have waited for exactly a week to the day and almost exact time to ask PA to speak on camera at what appears to be the scene (or very close to it).
Whilst non of us know how we’d react in such a situation, the very minimum I’m expecting to here is NB described as Nicola or Nikki, not ‘she’.

JMO.
Today is a very emotive day because it's been exactly a week since NB disappeared - hence why (I reckon) - they've chosen to interview PA at the scene of the disappearance. I also imagine they've spent the week combing the scene for evidence and clues, so didn't want people potentially interfering with the scene. Plus, it's an incredibly poignant move for PA to visit the bench and must have taken a lot of strength on his part to go there this morning.

I’ve read that the person who found Willow tied them to a bench because they didn’t have time to do anything else.

I don’t understand this, because if they didn’t have time to do anything, how did they have time to establish the dog was missing? And, it’s law in England that all dogs out in public must have an ID tag with their owners contact number. Ringing that is what people do when they find a dog they suspect is missing / got loose.
Ah so someone did tie the dog up. With or without its own harness and lead?

If find this part interesting. Suspicious even. I would never tie a dog up and leave it.

JMO.
IMO completely on the fly. Not prepped in the slightest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname