Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
One observation: Is 'dream' not a strange word to use in this context? I've heard another family member (I think her father) describe it as a nightmare which is more appropriate. 'Dream' to me has positive connotations and I'd use it to describe an achievement of some sort i.e. winning the lottery is a dream come true, or
There are some posters posting seemingly 'innocent' comments aimed at casting aspersions towards PA, this is a victim friendly forum.
Absolutely!!! In fact, because of the time of 'night' I suspect most of the moderators aren't available which is the only reason I'm mentioning the rules here. Normally, we too are not supposed to post about it but rather just send in reports.

I thought that her parents lived nearby, hence them regularly looking after the children? Sorry if I've got that wrong.
Ohh, sorry - thanks for clearing that up! I missed that detail and assumed they were in Essex. I definitely think interviewing her birth family on their own was for the emotive element and perhaps to give a more rounded picture of NB, aside from her role as wife and mother. I'm not an expert on these things but I'm sure that's quite normal for missing persons cases - interviewing the family separately from the partner?

I also noticed that structure, I'd assume it has been searched?

Also one of the photos of that building uploaded by a member of the public show a good perspective of the steepness of the bank by the bench (if you spin the image back to look at the bench). If someone was lying in the water immediately below the bench on a foggy morning, I think it's unlikely any passers by would have seen them?
As far as aware wasn't foggy nor wet

Exactly?? Smiling and smirking.
I know we can’t say for sure as we aren’t in this position but he didn’t look stressed or upset to me. No appeal to Nicola nothing. Imagine if she is out there somewhere and she’s seen that, it wouldn’t exactly make you feel loved. Just my opinion.
He would have been advised what to say/not say. Usually in cases like this they have a Liaison Officer who will offer guidance around media interviews. People sometimes laugh when in shock that's not unusual. Don't think we can base assumptions on the interview though in fairness I haven't actually seen it. I'll see if I can find it.

I see they are still asking for dashcam footage in this poster 9-10am. If the police thought she had gone in the river why would the police want dashcam footage after the point she was last seen. The only reason I can see is that they are investigating other avenues and want to see if any perps (or NB) are seen after the last sighting (possibly in a car) . JMO.

I haven't posted in such a long time but I have been glued to these threads. I can't get Nicola out of my mind!
In regards to some posters somehow finding a fault for PA's absence from press ops, the children have potentially lost a parent. It is not unusual for him or them to want to be together at this time. IMO

Just catching up, but re PA’s interview - honestly, I think it would be more odd if he was wailing and crying. He can’t even grieve, because she has just vanished. He must just feel like he’s in a bad dream, I can absolutely understand his incredulous reaction, he seems completely at a loss. He describes what we’re all basically doing - going round in circles, going over every possible scenario in our heads and just ending up back at the beginning. He seems like he’s almost cycled through the initial emotional response and is now just ‘stuck’ in shock and disbelief.

I think we all need to stop victim blaming and stating facts without a source otherwise the thread will be shut down.
I don’t think anybody meant it to come across that way when they were stating their opinion, words can often be misconstrued accidentally imo.

You’re right it is , however, the accountability nowadays, quite rightly so I may add, is such that as an SIO (senior investigative officer) in charge of the investigation, all different options MUST be explored and documented in the SIO’s Policy book.
Each decision / action taken has to be justified as to why and documented in the policy book and likewise, everything considered but not actioned at this time, must be documented and justified with the reasons why.
Also, the SIO as Gold Commander will have either a Detective Chief Inspector or a Detective Inspector as Silver command .
There will be 4 Detective Sargents and possibly 15/20 Detectives all working together as a team . Daily team briefings are held at 9am and 4pm daily and all ideas are encouraged by the SIO for all the staff to pitch in with ideas .
They will be working from 0800-2200 hrs daily in the first couple of weeks or so.
If after28 days, we are no further along, another SIO will come along to review the whole investigation to date and look at it with a fresh pair of eyes to ensure that nothing has been missed .
We are very structured in our approach to each Missing person / Suspicious Death/ Murder enquiry investigation.
This investigation will be no different and will be professionally run by a dedicated team and everything ( and I mean everything) will be documented.
This is relatively close to where I live and it’s the Police force area in which I reside. Although I was an SIO for Merseyside Police ( where Liverpool and Everton footbal clubs are based).
Thank you, this is very helpful info.

I don’t think anybody meant it to come across that way when they were stating their opinion, words can often be misconstrued accidentally imo.
Uh, I see quite a few posts of posters who are new casting aspersions and being negative about the missing woman's family's reactions and words. We should move on from this IMO so we don't get shut down!

Was PA‘s address to the press an off the cuff appearance or was it arranged by the police?

if the latter I’m intrigued as to why they have waited for exactly a week to the day and almost exact time to ask PA to speak on camera at what appears to be the scene (or very close to it).
Whilst non of us know how we’d react in such a situation, the very minimum I’m expecting to here is NB described as Nicola or Nikki, not ‘she’.

JMO.

I imagine it was just convenience - especially if he had just dropped the girls at school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname