Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fields are quite small - I recommend looking at google earth. Someone has uploaded some ‘street view’ shots all around them.

I am very confused why we have so little information about the two sightings (lower field and upper field) especially regarding the witness movements.

If you are in the upper field, for example, you can easily see anyone else also in the upper field. So, depending on which way the witness was walking and where NB was they would maybe have seen her enter the field and walk about. Where was she? How long was she in the upper field? Which way was she headed? (Towards the beach as seemed normal on her route, yet Willow was dry so they didn’t make it there. Why not?) Which was was the witness walking and how long did they see NB for?

For instance, the spot marked on the map as Sighting 3. Was NB heading towards the beach area? If so, assuming the witness was heading towards the caravan park, they’d have seen NB come into the upper field and walk across and down before passing her. Did they interact?

Or, alternatively, where they headed down towards the river from the caravan park, in which case they’d have been watching NB for some minutes wander about the upper field before meeting her heading up the path?

Similarly for the lower field sighting. Where was NB? Where was the witness? How long did they see NB walk Willow for?

What time did they first see NB and for how long?

I think, if there is some other explanation for her disappearance, that these witnesses and sightings are crucial and I can’t believe so little concrete is in the public domain.
I agree with you that it would help us have a much better understanding if we had a map that also marked the position of witnesses on it, as well as the timings that have already been marked.

Bit in bold ...... I agree .... and anyone else who might have been in the vicinity will know if they might be able to help the police.

How could you/me/any of us who weren't there help the police if they were to provide further information to us ... and the potential perp?
It would help build a better picture of the situation which could reduce unhelpful speculation and maybe focus more useful theories which may lead to something that could be useful to the police.

Clearly from the press conference much has gone on that we are not privy to.Searches out in the open and much behind the scenes. They seem calm and professional to me. Especially in response to questions about SGI. We are grateful but they are not aware of the depth of the investigation. The other layers. As it should be. Very professional, IMO. Total class. And the police spokeswoman looks absolutely exhausted. MOO.

Point of note is that police do not disclose full details in cases, and can often throw a red herring. If they are adamant she has fallen into the water, and people think they are being ignorant to other scenarios, this can indicate other sources at play. To confirm something such as abduction is a possibility, would only make those responsible speed up their efforts or take other measures. If they believe the police are only perusing the falling into the river scenario, this can actually give the police more time. This is the balance between divers saying there is no way she is in the water actually making it harder for the police, and the police being open and honest with the people. You can guarantee there is a lot the police are not disclosing.
They have said they can't give the 'context' yet to Peter F, 'all the details they have that they can't yet disclose' (source upthread, posted video) need to be sensitive and will do so when the time is 'right'. They acted fast, almost immediately. They are looking at the main road, asking for dashcam and then looking at another part of the river closer to the sea. Peter F is puzzled and has been adamant that a body can't travel so quickly etc, but as the police have said, he doesn't yet have the context they do.

I agree with you that it would help us have a much better understanding if we had a map that also marked the position of witnesses on it, as well as the timings that have already been marked.
Sky news report was helpful for me to understand. I’ve made some assumptions in my thinking due to lack of detail. I’m sure the police are doing all they can in the background. I suspect they will be following up on other possibilities as time goes on if NB isn’t found

Sky news report was helpful for me to understand. I’ve made some assumptions in my thinking due to lack of detail. I’m sure the police are doing all they can in the background. I suspect they will be following up on other possibilities as time goes on if NB isn’t found

But I thought the red coat lady said she didn't see NB, did she say she saw NB after all?

Makes me feel a bit ill but if there is a perp they could very easily be reading all these conversations and SM theories.
Could public speculation, theorising and sleuthing be affecting the behaviour of a potential perp in an unhelpful way.
Is this one of the reasons the police keep saying to stop? As well as the obvious effects on NBs loved ones

But I thought the red coat lady said she didn't see NB, did she say she saw NB after all?
That’s my understanding. I’m unsure if she is even classed as a witness. This is the part I struggle with to be honest . Understanding who is who. They could have added photo graphics too.

Makes me feel a bit ill but if there is a perp they could very easily be reading all these conversations and SM theories.
Could public speculation, theorising and sleuthing be affecting the behaviour of a potential perp in an unhelpful way.
Is this one of the reasons the police keep saying to stop? As well as the obvious effects on NBs loved ones
I think you can read between the lines in the video posted upthread, (source) it's sensitive and the police can't YET disclose the facts to Peter F bout why they acted so fast, and why they want to look near the sea in a place Peter says is impossible for a body to reach BUT as they say, he doesn't yet have ALL the facts. As has been said by police in the press conference the only way to leave scene is by the part of the road where they are asking for dash cam footage. There are other parts of the river. I don't think you need to worry re: your fear in post.

Some considerations I have had with the time line of events for each of the different possible scenarios.

1. The police are correct and she entered the water and has sadly passed away.

If I am understanding correctly, NB arrived at the gate/bench first at roughly 08:46, then she was seen on the upper field at 09:10 which would mean it took her 24 minutes roughly to reach that point of the field. Yet her phone is back on the bench 10 minutes later, which means she is making a much quicker pace back than she was when she went out.

Can anyone tell from her strava account what her usual timing and route was, is it usual for her in terms of time spent, would there be a reason for her to make a much quicker pace on the route back than the route out, where did she have to be next/what did she have to do next, where was she heading if her day had carried on as normal.

Was it routine for her to stop at the bench?

To support the police theory of accident with no third party involvement, reasons for the quicker pace could have been she was feeling unwell or as suggested in an earlier thread, needed the loo. Both of these could have been reasons for a fall/slip that account for the dog not being wet and no signs of a slip (because she didn't slip/lose her footing but lost balance near the edge of the water)

Another theory as to why the dog could dry would be, NB has sat on the bench to finish her call. Lost concentration for a second, the dog has headed towards the water but not gone in but from NB's line of sight from the bench is hidden by the bank, NB walks over to the edge of the river to try and see where the dog has gone and the dog playfully bounds up and knocks NB off balance and into the water.

These are all ways to make the police hypothesis make sense that seem plausible but if nothing is discovered in the river then it seems unlikely.

Question would be: I think I read if she had entered the water and died she likely wouldn't have been washed out to sea but could there be a possibility that she did survive the entry to the water couldn't get herself out at that point but as a strong swimmer she didn't immediately die and then tried to swim down stream with the currents in order to find somewhere where exiting the water was much easier? how would that have effected her final location and where they are searching? could in that scenario she have accidentally swam out to sea or at least made her way much further down the river than anticipated ?

The decision to put out an APB on 'Red Coat' and 'Yellow Coat' who were obviously local woman puzzled me at the time. One of them had even spoken to police already.
I wonder if it was done to put pressure on any possible third party who knew/feared s/he was spotted by them at the time? The witnesses might not have seen NB but they may have seen someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637