GUILTY UK - Olivia Pratt-Korbel, 9, shot dead, Liverpool, 22 Aug 2022 *arrest*

'to grass on somebody' is from Cockney rhyming slang. "Grasshopper" rhymes with "copper" aka policeman

Information courtesy of Grass - phrase meaning and origin

It's off-topic but an intriguing question. Learn something new every day
Is that why they call them snouts? Snout - pig snout - pig - policeman - copper - grasshopper - grass

It's off-topic but an intriguing question. Learn something new every day
Thanks.

I don't really consider it off topic.
It means, that gangs not only appropriate the streets, but also language.

Turning something positive into negative.
It is really scary :(
MOO

Last edited:
It is absolutely disgusting and degrading.
MOO

Yes it is. Having said that as a police officer if you can't let such things wash off you then you wouldn't last very long.

A court even ruled that a police officer can't be offended!

Having said that the bravado and cockiness in front of their mates drains away when the cell door slams shut!

Thanks.

I don't really consider it off topic.
It means, that gangs not only appropriate the streets, but also language.

Turning something positive into negative.
It is really scary :(
MOO
Sorry for saying it was off-topic. I was thinking along the lines of this poor little girl has been murdered and here I am writing about etymology. But I guess it was OK to write it after all. MOO

Sorry for saying it was off-topic. I was thinking along the lines of this poor little girl has been murdered and here I am writing about etymology. But I guess it was OK to write it after all. MOO
It is all connected.
The atmosphere of fear gripping the city.
Words are powerful.
Some even say that
"a word can kill as effectively as a knife/gun".

MOO

These ‘gangs’ are not as formal and tight knit as the Mob, I’m sure someone will grass at some point over the next few days/ weeks.

They’re generally not the brains of Britain, many a criminal has been caught due to loose lips. I bet there’s a fair few number of people who know who the shooter is. It won’t stay hidden forever, there’s no honour amongst thieves.

Feeling horribly the poor child and her mother, who is now a double victim, I have one question, and hopefully, it is not inappropriate.
I don't quite understand how Née entered the house. Did he bust the door open, or was it unlocked given the hot weather? Are there door cameras in this neighborhood? In another situation, they write that the killer broke into a young woman's flat. How come criminals can run into unknown people's houses? Has anyone read about details of the case? Are they charging Nee with breaking and entering?

ETA: I found the timeline.

Mr. Nee is a fine upstanding citizen, and so are his friends / sarcastic. His friends in an "Audi" picked up Mr. Nee and took him to the hospital, and left the shot women on the scene. Didn't even try to help. (((

Last edited:
It was reported by msm that the mother opened the front door of her house upon hearing a gunshot.
Intruders pushed past when she tried to close the door.

"Cheryl Korbel ..... .....heard a commotion outside, she opened her front door to see what was going on."

EBM link added

Last edited:
It was reported by msm that the mother opened the front door of her house upon hearing a gunshot.

Yes, I already found it. Mere curiosity, I reckon. Well, given that the gangster friends of Mr. Nee didn't even attempt to help the women, there is one conclusion to make. Gangsters are cowards, and whoever is not involved in the criminal world should not move a finger to help them, as they won't help you. (((

These ‘gangs’ are not as formal and tight knit as the Mob, I’m sure someone will grass at some point over the next few days/ weeks.

They’re generally not the brains of Britain, many a criminal has been caught due to loose lips. I bet there’s a fair few number of people who know who the shooter is. It won’t stay hidden forever, there’s no honour amongst thieves.

They are just footsoldiers. However, sources state that a feared gang boss is behind the war that resulted in this shooting.

Historically, in Liverpool informing on people is anatema. The fear is very real and people know the police can't protect them 24/7.

"We are also going after the callous organised crime groups who are fuelled by greed and have a complete disregard for people's lives and livelihoods."

Taking drugs seems to be trying to find elation/happiness by taking shortcuts.
But, in reality, feeling happy/relaxed should come from ourselves/our minds and NOT substances taken.

Elation/happiness is a reward for harmony in our lives.
And, in fact, is quite rare.

I once read that drug kingpins don't use drugs themselves, but they certainly use money they get from selling them.

MOO

Last edited:
"We are also going after the callous organised crime groups who are fuelled by greed and have a complete disregard for people's lives and livelihoods."

£350,000 won't touch the sides in targeting gang crime in Liverpool. It's a national/international issue involving organised crime just like people smuggling into the UK.

This is gesture politics.

Ms Patel has had opportunity to establish a properly funded and resourced NCA to target these and other issues during her years at the Home Office and Teresa May before her....12 years of Tory party rule....the supposed party of law and order......result: a huge fail.

They are just footsoldiers. However, sources state that a feared gang boss is behind the war that resulted in this shooting.

Historically, in Liverpool informing on people is anatema. The fear is very real and people know the police can't protect them 24/7.
The Dingle is a shady area in Liverpool and it is controlled by two gangs. One gang leader's son escaped to Spain after a rival gang member's murder

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann
Back