UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s interesting how we all see something different. It really looks as though she’s holding a phone to me.

Agreed...and if you look at a good enough quality pic can actually see the phone itself , dark colour ..purple or black imo .

Attachments

• E8934D06-889F-4CAD-9642-DDEFD826CD01.jpeg
    E8934D06-889F-4CAD-9642-DDEFD826CD01.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 165
New to websleuths, I live near Clarence Avenue and often take this route so strikes very close to home.

There was a lot of police presence today around the Oaklands estate (Cubitt House specifically) on the north side of Poynders Road by the junction with Cavendish. It actually makes more sense as the road is laid out for her to walk on the north rather than the south. Sniffer dogs and what looked like senior police) I overhead snippets of their convos) on the estate. There are gardens set in front and the estate as a whole feels pretty sketchy. It would make more sense that something happened here than Agnes Riley which as I understand is shut at night.
New to websleuths, I live near Clarence Avenue and often take this route so strikes very close to home.

There was a lot of police presence today around the Oaklands estate, on the north side of Poynders Road by the junction with Cavendish. It actually makes more sense as the road is laid out for her to walk on the north rather than the south. Sniffer dogs and what looked like senior police) I overhead snippets of their convos) on the estate. There are gardens set in front and the estate as a whole feels pretty sketchy. It would make more sense that something happened here than Agnes Riley which as I understand is shut at night.

So I’ve been looking back over the traffic cameras and tying up the ones in the vicinity that have been greyed out post 9.30pm on wed 3rd and into Thursday 4th up to midnight. I have attached a little picture - the pink dots show the camera stills that are greyed out with similar timings. May be nothing but may give a clue as to where they think the perp may have gone (in a vehicle obvs) - I haven’t got much further than that at the moment

Attachments

• 7BB1D109-5A8F-44FA-BB15-6D45E8456E09.jpeg
    7BB1D109-5A8F-44FA-BB15-6D45E8456E09.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 152
Further to the update mentioned above. From BBC London

“Sarah Everard latest: DCI Goodwin (OIC) says @metpoliceuk knocking on doors and have spoken to over 750 people & reviewed hours of CCTV. They want dashcam footage - were you in Poynders Rd, 9pm on Wednesday? “

Apologies if this has already been said - Do we know which Sainsburys SE had visited that evening?

There was a lot of police presence today around the Oaklands estate, on the north side of Poynders Road by the junction with Cavendish. It actually makes more sense as the road is laid out for her to walk on the north rather than the south. Sniffer dogs and what looked like senior police) I overhead snippets of their convos) on the estate. There are gardens set in front and the estate as a whole feels pretty sketchy. It would make more sense that something happened here than Agnes Riley which as I understand is shut at night.

Hi. welcome.

Can you confirm whether or not that estate has 'problems', do you see police there much?

So I’ve been looking back over the traffic cameras and tying up the ones in the vicinity that have been greyed out post 9.30pm on wed 3rd and into Thursday 4th up to midnight. I have attached a little picture - the pink dots show the camera stills that are greyed out with similar timings. May be nothing but may give a clue as to where they think the perp may have gone (in a vehicle obvs) - I haven’t got much further than that at the moment

Great work!! I was thinking about looking at the other cams around the area thank you.

Do you have timings you got lay on top? Would be interesting if a potential route can be plotted...

It’s interesting how we all see something different. It really looks as though she’s holding a phone to me.

I thought it looked like she was holding a phone to her ear, too. Do we know if the time of this pic matches the time she would have been talking to her boyfriend by phone, which I’ve read in reports? (Sorry if this was already discussed, as I’m just trying to play catch up here).

Further to the update mentioned above. From BBC London

“Sarah Everard latest: DCI Goodwin (OIC) says @metpoliceuk knocking on doors and have spoken to over 750 people & reviewed hours of CCTV. They want dashcam footage - were you in Poynders Rd, 9pm on Wednesday? “
So very likely she was forced into the car/van?

In regards to the headphones - When she enters the shop on CCTV she appears to be holding the phone to her ear - So perhaps she prefers to have her phone to her face?
In that photo she also has a mask on. Maybe she took headphones off to wear or fit the mask on properly then subsequently uses the phone in her hand a result. That is how I would hold a phone...just a guess and my interpretation of the picture

Last edited:
Do we know what time that CCTV image was taken? I may have missed a bit - is the phone / not phone debate relevant to the time?

It may give us another clue as to who spoke to her that evening (state of mind, plans, etc. albeit we know she then spoke to at least two other people after this image - the Leathwaite Rd friend and then her partner).

It may also (and this is a stretch) hint at whether she doesn’t use her headphones when on the phone. If not, then not only would the phone get colder quicker as she spoke to her partner, potentially sapping the battery, but it would also be easier for a perp tailing her to work out when she’d ended her phone call.

I see both phone and no phone I’m afraid. I know the official reports are of a white iPhone but do we know if it could have been in a dark case? (Ie the colour of the actual phone was released in case it was found and inspected, but we could be misled into looking out for a white coloured ‘device’ in CCTV images and the like?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AJAY0618