Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #3

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by liltexans, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poppydarling

poppydarling Verified Criminologist - Victimization Expert

Only thing I can think of is IF this person has nothing to do with ML being missing (read: she goes hangs out and leaves and THEN goes missing) the only reason they wouldn’t come forward is if they have a lot to lose by being with her at all.

Maybe married? Maybe political position? Not a lot of variation in what would make someone not come forward beyond status.

Other option, this person HAS come forward and we simply don’t know that yet.

moo

2. DenaliSpirit

DenaliSpirit Well-Known Member

Why would she use the airport pay phone? She had a working cell.

3. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

It's so much regulation but customers. The last flight out of Salt Lake City leaves before midnight, and there are few flights departing between 10 and midnight. People landing rarely stop and eat or have a drink - they want to get away from the airport and to their home or hotel as soon as possible. For that reason, most airport restaurants close up much earlier than restaurants/bars in the city. At Salt Lake International all of the food establishments (including those that serve alcohol) are closed between 9:30 PM and midnight. They would have been closed when she landed.

4. FlamingoLady

FlamingoLady Well-Known Member

It looks like it's a recurring monthly payment, except for the 2 payments in May. Maybe she missed a month and was catching up?

5. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Maybe that he could be in danger from the perpetrator? If he gives too much info?
    I don't think he would be, though. If whoever picked her up hurt her in some way, I would think he would be doing everything possible to remain discreet and cover up his actions. He's not going to take any risks. Imo

6. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

(A driver was telling me very recently that now Lyft can see how far the passenger is going before they accept the ride? Maybe it was Uber, I can’t remember. I did ask another driver about this but he said that was news to him, but that he had not updated his app.

ETA: For those not experienced in rideshare apps, the driver, when he/she gets your call, does not know where you are going until they pick you up)

EmilyVan, MsBetsy, ClaireNC and 4 others like this.
  7. InTarzana

InTarzana On Time Out

^^^^THIS

8. BrianL42384

BrianL42384 Well-Known Member

I

Smh. People post victims ig and Twitter almost every thread. Venmo is no different. Stop looking for a problem. My god

9. AmandaSkis

AmandaSkis Well-Known Member

The Lyft drive from the airport to the park took 17 minutes.

Why did the person she was meeting not just pick her up at SLC? If we go with the reason that the person did not want to be seen on any cameras at the airport, then the outcome is not a good one. Because IMO if the person was married, for example, why would he think that airport footage would be pulled for review based on an affair?

If, on the other hand, someone was planning to harm her, THEN they would have a reason to not show up on those airport cameras.

I am hoping this is voluntary but I am very concerned it is not. So much sketchiness.

10. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Not POI...

11. Rosiebones

Rosiebones Well-Known Member

Unless maybe you dropped her off in front of her apartment and drove away. She never made it inside and you can't prove you did drop her off. For me that would be a hard call.

12. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

If something happened and the person she met is responsible the Lyft driver is a huge help. You know how in many cases you'll see potential witnesses being interviewed? This guy has stayed away from the media, hopefully this means that he can identify her meet up person...jmo.

13. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

janewall, kgreg2529, Beanpot and 5 others like this.
  14. Teche

Teche Well-Known Member

I tend to believe that the Lyft driver noted the color (or tone) and general model of car and LE is withholding that info. from the general public.

15. DenaliSpirit

DenaliSpirit Well-Known Member

This might be for Uber platinum or pro or something. I can't say for certain, but Uber has a perk for drivers who have a very high number of rides with a certain threshold of ratings, acceptances/cancellations. I think that might be one of the perks, but I'm not sure as most "regular" drivers don't get that status.

16. SoCalGirl

SoCalGirl Well-Known Member

Because something unintended and unplanned happened AFTER he picked her up.

allboys, wary, iluvmua and 5 others like this.
  17. FlamingoLady

FlamingoLady Well-Known Member

Maybe the person she met only had a short period of time to spend with ML. Driving to the airport might have taken up more time than he/she had. MOO

18. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Yes, no payment in April then two in May. MOO

Steelslady, Seattle1, MassGuy and 2 others like this.
  19. Mr man2o8

Mr man2o8 Former Member

Can you link her Fetlife? I think that is EXTREMELY important to finding out who she may have been in contact with!

20. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

(Gosh, back in my day people took “bronchidilators” aka “Vivarin” that they sell at gas stations and truck stops to help stay awake to study...)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.