Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing her photos at the airport makes her disappearance all the more baffling IMO. She doesn't look like she is going to meet up with a date to me at all. She looks like a college student who just got off a red eye flight and can't wait to get home to sleep. He nose is all red and her hair is casually put up in a ponytail/bun. It seems that she did NOT just refresh her make-up before leaving the airport and did not take any time to do her hair. Nor did she change her clothes. Where could she have been heading at 3 AM? This is so strange and confusing. MOO.

So jumping off this, maybe she felt comfortable (for lack of a better term) with whomever she was meeting that she didn’t feel the need to dress up. That they were used to seeing her without makeup or whatever.

I wonder if her roommates can verify if she stayed the night out often?

Perhaps whomever she was meeting she thought they were going to go home and she could take a shower there and get comfie.

But then why meet them in the park?

That list was my quick brainstorm of speculation. Is there a problem with that?
I don't think there's a problem with it, except sometimes people see things and run with them. Maybe just add MOO or something. Because there is so little concrete information, people start taking off with things that haven't even been said.It's happening a lot on here this afternoon. We all want answers.

This is true that the assault thing is interesting, though. But if they know it’s unrelated, then why open it up to the public bc they’re going to be talking about that now, etc, etc.

I know I personally am not going to be able to just brush it off and go along with the fact that it has nothing to do with the disappearance. I mean I'll try not to bring it up again here, but it's always going to bug me...grrrr I wish he had never mentioned that. I mean if she was assaulted last year and they police are aware of it I assume after the lyft driver (the last known person to see her alive) that other person(s) involved in the assault would be their #2 POI so I'm sure they have done extensive questioning of whoever else was involved. It has been over a week so it's very possible for that person to be cleared with alibis. I guess it is time to drop it ugh.

I know I personally am not going to be able to just brush it off and go along with the fact that it has nothing to do with the disappearance. I mean I'll try not to bring it up again here, but it's always going to bug me...grrrr I wish he had never mentioned that. I mean if she was assaulted last year and they police are aware of it I assume after the lyft driver (the last known person to see her alive) that other person(s) involved in the assault would be their #2 POI so I'm sure they have done extensive questioning of whoever else was involved. It has been over a week so it's very possible for that person to be cleared with alibis. I guess it is time to drop it ugh.

No, please don’t drop it! :) I’m just confused! You are right. Any kind of assault in her past imo requires a second look. Again I’m all confused here so don’t listen to me lol. I’m just saying if it’s not relevant and LE knows this for sure then it seems it could potentially muddy things for them to specifically reference it. My comment was also how I hadn’t seen that addressed like that in a pc before, but I think I understand better now with everyone’s responses. :)

Last edited:
Kind of random but I have been thinking about this. IMO, the location she was dropped off at is important. I’m from Utah and know the state very well. NSL would be a good half way meeting spot to meet someone who is coming from the airport and if you are from anywhere NORTH of SLC (so any where in Davis, Cache counties or even Idaho). The person meeting her probably wanted to stay near I15 and didn’t want to go too far southwest to the airport or southeast to her house. That leads me to believe this person lives north of SLC. Could be helpful to think about this when looking at the suspect list (if there even is one).

I have a question that has perhaps been asked and answered, and if so I apologize. I am not sure what 'rules' Lyft/Uber et al drivers need to abide by, but wouldn't a driver such as that find it a bit weird that they were dropping off a young woman, alone, at a park at 3 in the morning? Or is it sort of "don't ask, don't tell", if a customer says "drop me here", you just do? I am in no way blaming the driver. But I would have to think that they may have found it a bit strange to be dropping someone at a park in the middle of the night, no?

Rider enters the address, driver takes him/her there. Also, there was a car there to meet her.

I think it’s probably someone older and married as well with kids but it’s been 8 days wouldn’t he have had to go back to his family by now? So where is ML?

This makes me think of the 20 yr old Heather Elvis case. She went missing after meeting at a secluded location think around 2am, she thought she was meeting her married ex BF but was probably with his jealous wife who found out about the affair even chained her husband to the bedpost and constantly left vicious and nasty messages on Heathers SM. Heathers body was never found but presumed murdered by the jealous wife and her husband. Tammy and Sydney Moorer who were found guilty of kidnapping her.

MOOOOOOOOOO: Well I bet they are out of town and hubs had to stay in town to work (and play). Plus, sadly, MOOOOOOO, I suspect this sad episode has been over and done for a few days and hubs has rejoined the family.

Good grief, this is going so fast. Caught up now.
I have no problem with the Lyft driver not being able to describe the person nor the vehicle.
Kenzie was simply a lift, it was dark, person didn't get out of the vehicle. How was he to know this drop off would potentially be of such importance?
Very unfortunate. No telling where Kenzie can be, or why?
I hope the warrants will bring light into this disappearance. It's all frightening and baffling.

Yes, she met an unknown person at Hatch Park and we have a more detailed timeline:

1:35 a.m. ML's flight landed in SLC
2:01 a.m. ML texted her mother
2:42 a.m. Lyft taken from airport
2:59 a.m. Lyft arrived at Hatch Park

Also, you can watch the press conference here:

Just read back some on this case.

JMO
If this timeline is accurate then it is very unusual to me to come back from any trip with a large luggage and not go directly home. If we are to believe the Lyft driver then I find it very strange she went to the park to meet someone else there instead of first going home to unload that luggage she was hauling around.

Wouldnt the Lyft driver have to get out of the car to help her take her big piece of luggage over to the other car's trunk. That luggage was huge and was probably put in the trunks of the vehicles. It could fit in backseat I suppose but either way the Lyft driver would have got out to help her with it I would have thought. They usually do this to try to up their tip they may get.

I know the LE has said they cleared the Lyft driver but IMO I have not yet cleared anyone.

Example - that's a CBS reporter's tweet. Has anyone seen a quote from the LE officer actually saying that? Has any other media independently sourced that information? There's a Heavy.com article that includes that information, but it uses the CBS reporter as its source for that pleasant & happy language - so not an original source.

Probably the driver of the vehicle she was getting into.

It does sound like this person may have exited the vehicle, and I imagine they assisted Kenzie in putting her bag in.

I'm pretty sure I remember from the first presser that the Lyft driver said ML "made contact" with the person she met.

IMO, the info re: the moving violation, found property, and assault was released in conjunction with a direct question from reporters the day before.
ML could've been the victim, suspect, or even simply a witness that was interviewed by police in relation to an assault. This was one question they could answer as opposed to the 1000 other questions they can't answer. There is honestly nothing to see ther, moo of course.

Those who say not dressed for hook up are clearly not in the young dating scene. PLENTY of people dress in sweat suit or casual wear when meeting FWB or hook ups. It’s a farce to say she would have to be dressed up to meet someone for that.

Her SM activity right before she got picked up will be the key to unlock this case. Listen to the podcast...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname