VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that's the problem, we aren't getting any info.

FWIW: Ted Bundy managed to bludgeon a bunch of girls in a Sorority house right? He hit them in the head as they slept so they never awoke and it made little noise. Gross I know, but possible to kill people in their sleep. :(

I haven't seen this before. It is from CNN

Elizabeth McCutchen and a friend were walking to book club two weeks ago in quaint Farmville, Virginia, when they strolled by a home on First Avenue. "Something smells dead," her friend said.

Richard Samuel McCroskey has been arrested in connection with the killings of four people in Virginia. They were thinking animal. A dog, a cat, something like that. They never imagined they were smelling the remains of massacred humans. It was Thursday, September 17. But another 24 hours would pass before police made the gruesome discovery.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/06/virginia.horrorcore.killings/

Thursday 24 hours before the bodies were discovered, means these women were smelling the bodies before the two visits from the police.

From the sidewalk these women could smell the bodies, but 1 policeman who went to the door and two police who entered the house smelled nothing? What am I missing?

Well I'm sure that pixy won't be making anymore videos. She's on my friends list on myspace and according to her headline statement, she lost her children yesterday due to horrorcore.
I feel bad even typing that. :( but in pixys defense, I'm sure she feels bad enough and doesn't need it all pointed out.
in her words...Horrorcore made me lose my kids..... it all.....
and her mood is dead inside

:sheesh:
Well, if she comes by this we hope things get better..

Well I'm sure that pixy won't be making anymore videos. She's on my friends list on myspace and according to her headline statement, she lost her children yesterday due to horrorcore.
I feel bad even typing that. :( but in pixys defense, I'm sure she feels bad enough and doesn't need it all pointed out, and I'm pretty sure if she had it all to do over, things would be different.
in her words...Horrorcore made me lose my kids..... it all.....
and her mood is dead inside

I've known about this since this morning and chose not to mention it here. I think piXy was brave to come here and share with us, not to mention she seems like a sweet person. Now that the info is out there I sincerely hope that her privacy on the matter is respected.

I'm not quite sure what she means. Social Services isn't going to go into someone's house out of the blue, say "Horrorcore is in the crime news now and it's a bad thing" and take their kids. Maybe PiXy can let us know what she thinks happened, really.

My sincere wish is for piXy to come out of this a better person and a happier person, with a new set of friends whose lives aren't all about weed and vulgarity. There is joy in the world piXy. My best wishes to you as you struggle to cope with all of this severe change.

It's all fun & games until somebody gets bludgeoned to death.

I've known about this since this morning and chose not to mention it here. I think piXy was brave to come here and share with us, not to mention she seems like a sweet person. Now that the info is out there I sincerely hope that her privacy on the matter is respected.

I've known about it since it happened yesterday too, I never mentioned it because of the reasons you stated as well, but dangrs keeps bringing her up and I was trying to make a point. We don't really know how she feels about the whole thing. So I think he should stop mentioning her like he's trying to point her out in a crowd, but you're right now that I've mentioned even i feel bad. I may even delete my comment.....comment has been deleted.

I haven't seen this before. It is from CNN

Elizabeth McCutchen and a friend were walking to book club two weeks ago in quaint Farmville, Virginia, when they strolled by a home on First Avenue. "Something smells dead," her friend said.

Richard Samuel McCroskey has been arrested in connection with the killings of four people in Virginia. They were thinking animal. A dog, a cat, something like that. They never imagined they were smelling the remains of massacred humans. It was Thursday, September 17. But another 24 hours would pass before police made the gruesome discovery.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/06/virginia.horrorcore.killings/

Thursday 24 hours before the bodies were discovered, means these women were smelling the bodies before the two visits from the police.

From the sidewalk these women could smell the bodies, but 1 policeman who went to the door and two police who entered the house smelled nothing? What am I missing?

I don't understand this either...I can't wait until we start hearing from LE. None of it makes sense

here's a peek into the fact that this isn't just music to make your parents go crazy - the idiots think they are living this stuff. This is why it's more influential to young minds than a Rolling Stones one album in however many.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=377341678&blogId=498204050

The Stones certainly lived the dark side including using heroin which there is no evidence of here. And I am sure you've heard of Altamont...

They made two records with overtly satanic covers and also recorded multiple songs with satanic themes. See http://consequenceofsound.net/2008/11/14/rock-history-101-sympathy-for-the-devil/

I remember when Goat's Head Soup came out and there were a lot of people saying almost exactly word for word what you are saying here about horrorcore about the Stones. Really.

I've listened to the interview by PiXy with SickTanick and Rozakel in some detail and the impression I get is not that they live horrorcore as reality as you are trying to imply here. I don't know anything about Dark Preacha, but that blog posting seems like a fiction piece to me. Writing as if something is true, often in first person, is an old trick of the horror genre. H.P. Lovecraft uses this extensively as do other horror writers.

If what you say was true about this music then there wouldn't be just one terrible horrorcore murder, there would be dozens. Enough people are into this music that if any significant percentage of them were in fact living out the fantasy in reality these murders would be happening all over; wherever the music was popular or near to performance locations. But that isn't what we observe. We have a horrific but isolated instance of murder in a very small town with (IMO) a rather surprising recent history of violent murders. Seems like you are more likely to get killed in Farmville than at a horrorcore show.

When there is a causal link to crime, for example with airborne lead, you see multiple crimes correlated spatially with the causal factor (airborne lead, horrorcore popularity). I guess it is possible that such a wave of horrocore murders has gone unnoticed by both law enforcement and the media, but I sort of doubt it.

I've known about it since it happened yesterday too, I never mentioned it because of the reasons you stated as well, but dangrs keeps bringing her up and I was trying to make a point. We don't really know how she feels about the whole thing. So I think he should stop mentioning her like he's trying to point her out in a crowd, but you're right now that I've mentioned even i feel bad. I may even delete my comment.....comment has been deleted.

I see where you're coming from. I think we are feeling protective of her. I know she can take of herself but I'm like you, I don't want her to be bullied since she was brave enough to come here and join the discussion. And you're right, we have no idea how hard all of this is on her and her choosing to walk away. Now this...I can only imagine how alone she feels at the moment.

Ironic that the very people that are trying to make the music out to be an overtly evil and overwhelming influence now wring their hands at the consequences of that belief. Expect this to happen to multiple people all over the country.

Out of respect, I will be happy to delete any of my references to PiXy's materials if she or the site owner asks me to do so. PM me.

You know what I've thought about? How do we know that all of this didn't occur over a matter of a couple days or at least hours? I mean maybe he went crazy and before killing them he somehow held them captive. It would probably take him only hurting one of them for everyone else to cooperate.
Also it could have started with an argument with emma, and then things got out of hand, he hurt her, and then his true self came out. Think about it, the mother would've cooperated at this point.
I mean for all we know they were tied up.

Actually, that makes me think the mother was killed first....which is the direction I was already leaning. It seems to me that two girls who knew him would think they could trust their safety to him, even if they had witnessed the mother's murder. Then again, if Emma was murdered first, maybe the mother WAS held hostage and wrongly thought she could apply her criminal behavior knowledge to spare herself and Mel.

Though honestly, the more I think about it, killing 3 people with a hammer (as rumored) would be easy enough. You could take out a singular victim (my guess is the mother) with one good whack, which might not even stir the two girls in the other room. Then it's a matter of a hammer wielder against two sleeping or groggy teens. I would like my odds in Sam's shoes.

Actually, that makes me think the mother was killed first....which is the direction I was already leaning. It seems to me that two girls who knew him would think they could trust their safety to him, even if they had witnessed the mother's murder. Then again, if Emma was murdered first, maybe the mother WAS held hostage and wrongly thought she could apply her criminal behavior knowledge to spare herself and Mel.

Though honestly, the more I think about it, killing 3 people with a hammer (as rumored) would be easy enough. You could take out a singular victim (my guess is the mother) with one good whack, which might not even stir the two girls in the other room. Then it's a matter of a hammer wielder against two sleeping or groggy teens. I would like my odds in Sam's shoes.

A hammer is actually a fairly vicious weapon. It depends on the type of hammer of course, but a typical large claw style framing hammer could probably kill someone with a single blow to the head if wielded with sufficient strength. Mutliple hammer blows to the head are commonly fatal.

See http://books.google.com/books?id=V3pZH1GCaXQC&lpg=PP1&pg=PA90#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Atlantica attended the pastor's funeral. In her comment #283 on page 12, she says that they were unable to embalm his body and that the casket was sealed.

At the risk of sounding stupid....Why would they not be able to embalm his body? :waitasec:

:sheesh:
Well, if she comes by this we hope things get better..

I second that!! I wish Pixy nothing but the best! I think her decision to leave Horrorcore could possibly be the turning point in her life. Hopefully she will get her children back and move past this horrific event and genre.

At the risk of sounding stupid....Why would they not be able to embalm his body? :waitasec:

I just assumed that it was due to extreme damage or putrefaction of the body.

Is there a mortician on this board? They might be able to opine on the conditions under which embalming can not proceed more generally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trotski24