VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Two or three days ago, I would not have said this, but I don't think this is his first time.

Did you guy see the Taxi cab driver in the area say that Cab Drivers know the nooks and cranies better than the Cops, hands down?

'

Hopefully , JM's friends and family have him in touch with an attorney, and that arrangement for him to go into custody are worked out and it goes, safely and smoothly. He is not with immediate family, and they may not know exactly where he is, and may want a lawyer or other advocate to facilitate this.

JM apparently was a fixture at the mall and people at Tempo knew him. He had been there earlier in the evening, and returned with Hannah after he left the first time. He hung out there.

Hannah left the party to meet up with some others. LE has not given details, but I am sure they have spoken to her friends, and they know who she was supposed to meet wheree. It was a sad mistake that she left on her own, and it seems to be the consensus that she had had too much to drink or had taken recreational drugs, The reports seem to be pretty sure that she got turned around in terms of direction and was on the opposite side of where she wanted to be. Her movements fit that of someone confused and lost, and also she moved like someone who was intoxicated.

She is a sophomore (second year) at the school, and usually freshmen live on campus and stay pretty much there, so it makes sense that she was not that familiar with the area outside of the campus, especially at night, especially drunk. In all fairness, I did the same thing last week in turning my self around and finding myself confused and not where I planned to be. I was distacted and on auto pilot and it took me a while before I realized I was going the wrong way. So one doesn't have to be "under the influence" or completely unfamiliar with an area to do as she did. Also Hannah lived most of her life in the state of VA, but not in the Charlotteville area. She simply headed the wrong way, wasn't paying attention as she rushed along and then when she did look around, she wasn't where she thought she was headed at all.

Sadly, what happened next is not uncommon. Attractive, vulnerable young woman looking lost, confused, and yes, intoxicated. She was approached by JM, and though the consensu seems to be that they did not know each other, he was able to make her comfortable with him, probably a smilie, and a "lost, honey? let me help you". To Tempo, the went, and it seems JM was known there and he probably offered her a ride to where she wanted to go. Confused, tired and someone who seemed to be friendly and known to others there, I can see where she would feel comfortable accepting the offer. What I find hard to believe is that JM was foolish enough to do as he likely did when he had to know that those who knew him saw him with her at Tempo. It's not like he ran into her somewhere that there was a chance no one saw them together. It was not video footage but eye witnesses that placed JM as the last person to be with Hannah when her trail ended at that mall from Tempo. He and Hannah were seen leaving there together.

What happened next? Don't know, But Hannah has disappeared, and enough evidence has been found to accuse JM of wrong doing, something LE could not do at first even whent they had him has the last person traceable to Hannah, and wanted to question him--he refused to let them. Whatever was found in JM's car, clothing, phone, apt or maybe some other evidence altogether make it a go to accuse him of ill doing.

I don't think there is an attempt to hide where Hannah was going that night or who she was meeting. It just isn't important. The focus has been on where did she go? How did she disappear? Through surveillance, LE knew where she was right up to when she went off camera. I'm sure they spoke to whoever she was texting--they were on the other side of where she started, which is why it is thought she got her direction backward. They were not at the mall or within a couple of miles of where Hannah ended up. So those friends are just not in the picture as they were not there, not really near where Hannah was.

Why do you think it's important to id those she was going to meet? She was at the mall because she went the wrong direction, was confused.

I'd like to know what Longo meant by "she had her world turned around, which is what I believe happened" as if it happened to her. was it emotional? a bf? or from a drug?

Interview with victim of Jesse Matthew assault in 2009

http://wvtf.org/post/charlottesville-journalist-sheds-light-jesse-matthew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I found this interview to be very interesting. So, I'm falling off my fence. How could LE go this far and charge abduction with intent to defile if there is not a very good reason? Leaning more toward LE knowing something.

How strange in this assault encounter that he was so violent and then suddenly so contrite. You don't just punch someone because you've had a bad day. But then he drives the guy all the way to the ER. That is very strange behavior. I wonder if he has a history of swinging from one extreme to another like that? Weird. Reminds me of certain abusers who will be very contrite and over-the-top sorry. It makes the abused feel guilty for making such a fuss in the first place. Manipulative behavior. JMO

... and somewhere in the middle of that, 5'11" girls are being secretly trafficked.

I wonder if he thought that a place like Tempo was the only place where he could get her to sit down with him ... so he could win her trust.

Well if that's the case i will never be able to leave my house! :tantrum:

A bit far etched I admit but I wonder if he and Hannah met earlier than when we saw them on video and she was slipped something then. Somehow he turned his back and she left-this would explain what I see as her sort of wandering around clueless and vulnerable. Perhaps she was drugged then.

Forgive me yall, im about a billion pages behind..

Just listened to the press conference from earlier today and... Longo seemed so... sad, compared to the previous PC's where he is fired up and energetic with emotion. He seems truly disheartened by some kind of information he now has.

Also... Why was there *zero* mention of Hannah all throughout the entire PC, until a reporter prompts him at the very end??? It's as if they already know where she is and it's not good and now the only thing left is to find him.. JMO. Also, when he says there are state & federal resources that have been "released" to help accomplish the task of finding him, is he referring to the FBI now? If they are now stepping in also it does not seem like a good sign either.. And the mention of the timeline "from now until Mr. Matthew goes to trial".

I apologize if this has already all been covered earlier, it was a long day working overtime today and just now catching up on the latest news here.. And I do not like the way any of it sounds :(

Probably federal marshalls are in on it now to help locate him. FBI already was, from many sources.

Dang. I saw a really good Wanted posted earlier for JM. It had all the different pics of him and a pic of the blue car- did I see it hear or on Facebook? Anyone else see it, have it?

Two or three days ago, I would not have said this, but I don't think this is his first time.

Did you guy see the Taxi cab driver in the area say that Cab Drivers know the nooks and cranies better than the Cops, hands down?

'

Has it been determined we can now discuss other cases here as regards this one? Even alleged ones? Or no?

Found this 'ABDUCTION WITH INTENT TO DEFILE" charge in Virginia. This article dealt with a man from Fairfax...in MCLEAN, Va. (WUSA9) -- Fairfax County police have arrested a man after they say he victimized and exploited a teenage girl he met on Facebook. He is now charged with abduction with intent to defile and contributing to the delinquency of a minor after a tip led police to the girl, who had been missing for three months. Police say they charged Contreras in an "alleged sex trafficking case."

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/201...ficking-charge-missing-teen-girl-va/15884667/

OMG, you just fueled the fire and I can't take it anymore. I guess I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that in those 3 months, no-one reported this girl missing? Sounds like it's actually proving everyone's point who would prefer to focus a bit less time to this trafficking non-sense but I get the sense that it's another latex gloves rabbit-hole. I'll be back when my patience is higher.

so frickin what? the abductor does not know how precious she is to her family or if she is a runaway or a drop out or sorority girl or whatever. and he frankly doesn't care.

Well, when we are talking about "rings", then it makes a big difference. Professionals know who to target. They simply do not target middle class white women. Too hard to control.

Now Sarx mentioned Joelle Lockwood's case. That is not a case of abduction for sex trafficking purposes. It is a case of abducting to torture her and keep her as a sex slave. And I find that much more possible than an organized sex trafficking ring in this case.

Yeah, there is hope. It may be slight but there is hope.

There is no substantiated evidence that Amy Bradley was abducted.

Lots of problems trying to compare this one. The photos on the thread look nothing like her and in the end, she likely went over the balcony and into the sea. "sightings" in a few countries and by people convicted of extorting the family for money. Sad, but no comparison to this case.

How strange in this assault encounter that he was so violent and then suddenly so contrite. You don't just punch someone because you've had a bad day. But then he drives the guy all the way to the ER. That is very strange behavior. I wonder if he has a history of swinging from one extreme to another like that? JMO

Multiple personality disorder? And WHY would you trust someone who just punched you to drive you ANYWHERE?

Sex trafficking is highly unlikely. I'd find more likely that she was behind held against her will.

Personally I believe she was raped and murdered and the police are on the right track.

Hi. There has not been one post linking to a substantiated case of the sex trafficking into a sex trafficking ring, of a middle class Anerican white woman who was abducted. Show me.

Does that hat mean it is impossible or has never happened? No. But in all these cases, for some reason, sex trafficking rings are popular theories and I have not seen one case where that's been the proven outcome.

I dunno what's hard about believing it couldn't and hasn't happened?
Most sexually abused women are protected under law, if they are found, and when they are don't really come to the media to tell their stories. Hence why it could be so hard finding someone in an affluent area to say "Hey, look at me! I have been sexually abused! Please don't look at me differently", etc. etc.

For the record, we all sort of have the same visual of what has transpired in this case. However, just like a court case when in and if there is one, wouldn't we want to poke holes in every theory? Isn't that what is done?

:shrugs:

I'd like to know what Longo meant by "she had her world turned around, which is what I believe happened" as if it happened to her. was it emotional? a bf? or from a drug?

She thought that she was heading West, but she was heading East. She had her world turned around, she was lost. That resulted in her walking farther from safety and closer to a dangerous situation where she encountered Jesse Matthews.

Sex trafficking is highly unlikely. I'd find more likely that she was behind held against her will.

Personally I believe she was raped and murdered and the police are on the right track.
I think sometimes "everything else" gets thrown under the sex-trafficking label.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod