Found Deceased VA - Kathleen 'Katie' Barham, 32, Portsmouth, 27 May 2015

Body is found and LE asks boyfriend to take a poly exam even before the body is identified. I can see where this is going.

My suspicion is that the body is believed to be that of Kathleen. I suspect LE has information to think the boyfriend is involved, which would be my suspicion also. He was the last one to see her and the story of her doing laundry is his story.

JMO

http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news...g-mom-same-day-body-found-near-home/71047706/

Katie's aunt (Carol Whitner) stressed to everyone the situation is not about one person.

"This is your community, and you have children here, and somebody here has done something very possibly, very bad," said Whitner. "That body over there, we don't know if it's Katie's, but it's somebody's child, and you want your children to be safe, so you need to talk it up and ask people -- your neighbors -- if they know anything, and keep asking them until you hear something."

Not sure if this article was shared yet, but a detective here was quoted that there was only bones and a "little bit of tissue." Does anyone know decomposition times in muggy/warm/humid weather?

http://hamptonroads.com/2015/06/body-found-portsmouth-near-missing-womans-apartment#

"little bit of tissue" would mean little bit of smell. For the neighbors to complain of a bad odor coming from within the wood I think there would have to be more than just a "little bit of tissue"

JMO

"little bit of tissue" would mean little bit of smell. For the neighbors to complain of a bad odor coming from within the wood I think there would have to be more than just a "little bit of tissue"

JMO

Just quoting the detective from that article....

I must have missed this. Did any of the articles say that Katie's fiance had been asked to take a polygraph?

Just quoting the detective from that article....

I know you were quoting the article. I just find it hard to believe that after two weeks there would be so little tissue left, that it would cause such a smell that someone would complain.

If there was such little tissue left, I think the body that was found would have to have been there longer than two weeks.

JMO

I know you were quoting the article. I just find it hard to believe that after two weeks there would be so little tissue left, that it would cause such a smell that someone would complain.

If there was such little tissue left, I think the body that was found would have to have been there longer than two weeks.

JMO

I think so too. But I also don't know decomposition times and all that stuff. Maybe with all the rain/humidity/etc it sped things up.

Have you ever left a piece of raw chicken in the trash? Just that little piece would stink up the kitchen.....just a thought

I think so too. But I also don't know decomposition times and all that stuff. Maybe with all the rain/humidity/etc it sped things up.

Have you ever left a piece of raw chicken in the trash? Just that little piece would stink up the kitchen.....just a thought

Put that little piece of chicken 50 feet outside your back door and I doubt you would smell it.

I doubt it will turn out to be homeless person as perp, if this is Katie, jmo.

Put that little piece of chicken 50 feet outside your back door and I doubt you would smell it.

If some guy was camping out in my backyard, he might....

I mean, this also depends on everyone's definition of "little bit" too. Maybe it was enough to generate a smell, yet not enough to determine things like sex, cause of death, etc.

I see that LS comments are gone. I didn't screenshot them. Dang it!

And I used to have a link for a description of decomposition times. Let me see if I can find it. If I remember right, it takes longer than a couple weeks to get to the point of there being tissue gone from bone. Unless there was help (wild animal, etc)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Portsmouth Police say they never released information to anyone about the body being covered by a tarp. NewsChannel 3 went back to where the body was found and there was a blue tarp location near a tent.

http://wtkr.com/2015/06/10/body-found-near-tejo-lane-in-portsmouth-near-missing-womans-apartment/

Either we have a news crew that is jumping to conclusions when they saw the tarp or we have someone within the family that knows specific details about how the body was found or possibly disposed of.

If the body was wrapped in or covered with a tarp, the tarp would have been collected as evidence and not let at the scene.

Also in that article is the mom's boyfriend objecting to that polygraph, saying the investigation is going in the wrong direction. Interesting! They must really love her fiance.

They need to be able to either rule him in or out. This is how LE does things. Him talking a polygraph is nothing out of the ordinary.

jmo

I hope they searched the apartment complex with dogs.

They need to be able to either rule him in or out. This is how LE does things. Him talking a polygraph is nothing out of the ordinary.

jmo

Of course. With the mom's boyfriend objecting like that, they might throw him in for one too.

Either we have a news crew that is jumping to conclusions when they saw the tarp or we have someone within the family that knows specific details about how the body was found or possibly disposed of.

If the body was wrapped in or covered with a tarp, the tarp would have been collected as evidence and not let at the scene.

Exactly. That article is either a mix of miscommunication plus shoddy journalism or someone has just implicated themselves quite seriously.

Exactly. That article is either a mix of miscommunication plus shoddy journalism or someone has just implicated themselves quite seriously.

Katie's mom's boyfriend was the one who mentioned the tarp. He is ALSO the one who objected to the fiance's polygraph.

If I were LE, I'd be watching that guy

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back