Found Deceased VA - Kathleen 'Katie' Barham, 32, Portsmouth, 27 May 2015

If some guy was camping out in my backyard, he might....

I mean, this also depends on everyone's definition of "little bit" too. Maybe it was enough to generate a smell, yet not enough to determine things like sex, cause of death, etc.

The guy camping out in the backyard would likely just think he needs to take a bath. LOL

Katie's mom's boyfriend was the one who mentioned the tarp. He is ALSO the one who objected to the fiance's polygraph.

If I were LE, I'd be watching that guy

He's from Lynchburg....... unless he drove all the way to Portsmouth at night etc.

Either we have a news crew that is jumping to conclusions when they saw the tarp or we have someone within the family that knows specific details about how the body was found or possibly disposed of.

If the body was wrapped in or covered with a tarp, the tarp would have been collected as evidence and not let at the scene.

Was the body covered in tarp when it was found or did LE wrap it in tarp upon finding it in order to protect evidence and keep out of public view?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Katie's mom's boyfriend was the one who mentioned the tarp. He is ALSO the one who objected to the fiance's polygraph.

If I were LE, I'd be watching that guy

Wait a minute, he's also the one who went last Sunday to help take care of the kids. He's the one who said she didn't have enough coins for the machines so she walked to Wawa or Royal something, which were across the street. I made a mental note of how did he know that? If boyfriend was asleep and moms boyfriend wasn't there, how does he know she walked anywhere?

Wait a minute, he's also the one who went last Sunday to help take care of the kids. He's the one who said she didn't have enough coins for the machines so she walked to Wawa or Royal something, which were across the street. I made a mental note of how did he know that? If boyfriend was asleep and moms boyfriend wasn't there, how does he know she walked anywhere?

Well, at the very least, he loves talking to the media! And speculating!

They need to give polygraphs to everyone who was really close to katie, friends and family.

Are we sure Katie's mom's boyfriend lives in Lynchburg? I mean I checked a few people on Katie's friend's list that had places like Lynchburg as their home but they actually live here locally. I think even Katie's has Lynchburg posted as where she lives. I'm not saying the mom's bf had anything to do with it, just that you can't always rely on what's on a person's fb.

Did anyone other than Katie's fiance see her any time that week? Is it possible she went missing way before the night her fiance says she was doing laundry. Katie's children are old enough that if they saw anything they would be able to tell someone.

They need to give polygraphs to everyone who was really close to katie, friends and family.

Well considering they took 2 weeks to even assign this case, I'm guessing they're haven't been as thorough with this as they should be. Hopefully they start really doing things like polygraphs on people and following up on all leads and stuff.

Are we sure Katie's mom's boyfriend lives in Lynchburg? I mean I checked a few people on Katie's friend's list that had places like Lynchburg as their home but they actually live here locally. I think even Katie's has Lynchburg posted as where she lives. I'm not saying the mom's bf had anything to do with it, just that you can't always rely on what's on a person's fb.

Did anyone other than Katie's fiance see her any time that week? Is it possible she went missing way before the night her fiance says she was doing laundry. Katie's children are old enough that if they saw anything they would be able to tell someone.

He was from somewhere else, not sure if it's Lynchburg or not. I'll try to find the article where he is talking.

http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news...h-mother-missing-for-nearly-2-weeks/28733137/

Portsmouth Police did not assign a detective to the case until June 8 -- 11 days after Katie was reported missing.

RF says he called the police the next day....... if true, I wonder why they are just now getting the case?

It's in this article. It actually is worded where I'm not sure if mom or moms boyfriend, or both, live in Lynchburg.

Here's the part about him saying she was low on coins:
"Robert Poisal is the boyfriend of Katie's mother, who lives in Lynchburg. He made his way to Portsmouth last Sunday to help Rich take care of the kids. He believes Katie may have been kidnapped at a nearby gas station. He says she was low on coins for the washing machine and may have walked over to the Royal Farms or Wawa."

Snipped

I don't think the body they found is going to turn out to be her. They would have identified her by now.

If it was a transient, which is sort of what it looks like on the surface, they may be having some degree of difficulty either identifying the person or trying to find next of kin.

I also notice the family is continuing to put up flyers and canvass the neighborhood regardless of this latest discovery, which sorta tells me that they may have gotten some inside info. from the coroner and the cops.

I would be surprised if it was Katie.

They've got tons of ways to do preliminary identification. Moles, scars, dental records, tattoos, fingerprints, clothing, shoes, jewelry, hair color. This girl has a mole right there next to her lips in every picture. She also has one on her neck.

My guess would be that they body they found..............doesn't.

Recent disappearances put spotlight on Hampton Roads’ missing persons cases

http://hamptonroads.com/2015/06/rec...potlight-hampton-roads’-missing-persons-cases

I copied that article since it asks to pay after a few clicks on it. Here it is:

Recent disappearances put spotlight on Hampton Roads’ missing persons cases

By Cindy Clayton
The Virginian-Pilot
[emoji767] June 11, 2015
Several disappearances that have been in the news this week have drawn Hampton Roads’ attention to missing persons cases.

Hundreds of people go missing every year in Hampton Roads.

While two missing people have been found dead in the past two weeks, that grim outcome is unusual, police say.

Most missing persons are runaways, some located by police and returned to families. Some are adults. They tell police they forgot to call their families or lost track of time. Some just wanted to leave a spouse or stressful situation.

"It's not against the law to walk away from your life," Chesapeake police detective James Thomas t old The Pilot for a story in 2012. "People over the age of 18 can come and go as they please."

To track down the missing, police generally follow a process that begins with determining the person's age and whether he or she is in danger because of an abduction or mental disability, such as dementia. For an endangered missing person, a search is immediate.

If a person is not in danger, detectives follow leads and conduct interviews.

The process can be frustrating.

Cases aren't solved the way they are on TV where police track the missing in minutes using a cellphone's GPS or other technology. In real life, detectives must have a court order to do so.

Many citizens think they have to wait before reporting a disappearance.

Police will take a report about a disappearance any time, from anyone.

Sometimes, despite weeks, months or even years of investigating, the trail to a missing person grows cold.

Based on this, she hasn't been missing long enough to be in the condition that supposed body was that they found.

Thank you for the link!

The following is documentary on decomposition of human bodies left outside at a body farm in Texas. It is very interesting, but might not be for some of you. I wish he would have documented for how long each body had been left outside to get to that stage of decomposition, but he didn't.

Go to https://www.youtube.com/ and search for The fascinating process of human decomposition

If I post a direct link it shows a pretty horrific looking picture of a decomposed corpse.

The following is documentary on decomposition of human bodies left outside at a body farm in Texas. It is very interesting, but might not be for some of you. I wish he would have documented for how long each body had been left outside to get to that stage of decomposition, but he didn't.

Go to https://www.youtube.com/ and search for The fascinating process of human decomposition

I'm at work and not allowed on youtube. Womp womp.

Does this video support the decomposition time of the found body? Or would it suggest that based on weather factors that it *could* be Katie?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back