Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM- IMHO, it had nothing to do with JA's peace of mind. Bottom line with a sociopath, he didn't do what she wanted him to do. Period.

I think that last text he sent her saying shes a sociopath and the worst thing that ever happened to him, and that she had scammed him, made her feel defiant and threatened. I suspect at that moment she decided to go thru with what she had thought about doing to him for some time. Killing him.
I also suspect the phone sex recording was recorded without his knowledge, maybe even a scripted fantasy phone sex appt., to be used as blackmail in case travis discovered her scamming him.

For me, the problem I have with this is he talks about why the murderer did what she did. Seriously ? Since when is a jury suppose to figure out why something happened ? Telling IMO.

Seems to me just human nature to want to understand the psychology behind such a horrific act.

I'd like to know too, instead of just speculating like I have been, like we've all been.

I remember watching this woman a couple years ago in an interview on the show Lockup I believe (she has lost a lot of weight btw) but even then..those eyes..she is complete evil but unlike JA she is brutally honest about her crime. She tortured a man for three days and then killed him. She says that she thinks she should have gotten the DP. As horrible as she is at least she is honest! But to this day I have never listened to a murderer talk that gave me the chills like this one..well, JA too has that effect - listening to her made me nauseous. So much evil in people like this but at least this one KNOWS that she is evil and is honest about it. I hope JA pisses her off in jail..I would love to see her demolish JA!

JA 20 years from now (age progression software)

774140342.jpg

That actually doesnt look that bad..she will be 52...and have spent 20 years in p erryville? Nice tight neck, no grey hair..probably attractive with makeup.

I would like to see her 50 pounds heavier, missing a few teeth, skin like leather, grey roots......etc.

I've got to be honest, after listening to the interview the foreman gave, I am SHOCKED there was a Murder 1 conviction. I'm PURELY SPECULATING, but is it possible that there were disagreements between the jury during the guilt phase, so it was somehow agreed upon that they would convict her of Murder 1, but not give her the DP? Does that make sense? For example & again PURE SPECULATION, the foreman stands up & says "Listen, I believe JA was emotionally abused, sounds like she snapped, but I don't want us to hang the jury at this point because we've come so far, so let's all agree upon Murder 1, with those of you supporting the DP KNOWING those of us supporting LWOP won't change our minds." Is that possible? Could that be why they hung so early on that first full day of sentence deliberations? It was like 1.5 hours of deliberation & they were already deadlocked?

I don't know, I could be talking out of my bum, but it seems SO weird to me that this guy (foreman) more or less believed JA was abused, but he still convicted her of Murder 1.

I've been reading thru the thread esp about the Foreman & how he presented himself during interview.. So.. yesterday when everyone was saying 1 woman on jury mouthed words "I'm sorry so sorry" to the family & the other female crying.. We keep thinking THEY THE WOMEN were probably hold outs for Life but now I'm wondering if it wasn't the Foreman along with maybe 3 other males??

Maybe older males trying to be 'white knights/women need protecting" and maybe a younger male who felt Borderline she was mentally ill he couldn't in good conscience sentence death.

WE WOMEN on threads for most part have seen CMCHJA for what she is.. Skye Hughes saw her for what she is so why would we not believe the female jurors didn't see her for what she is?? I mean we've all crossed paths in some way with someone like her and I'm sure if you're like me.. Most of us had a negative interaction crossing paths with that person they either got us wrote up at work, stole our boyfriends, used us as friends to get to someone or something they wanted..

Maybe the female jurors being emotional & saying sorry was because THEY couldn't sway Mr Foreman into seeing the facts for what they were? Maybe they were upset/stoic/frustrated on breaks because THEY knew what was coming and how unfair to the family... IDK just a thought. JMO

I fully agree with you. I also thought the holdouts were the foreman and 3 other males.

It's not like she didn't know she had a problem! Her friends were calling her mom about it! Others had said something to her about it. She is a grown woman. Was a grown woman when she killed Travis. It was up to her to take care of her mental health!! Not his! Not her mom! Nobody else was responsible for this! This is so sad.....even in death, Travis will never be allowed to rest.

I posted earlier that my daughter is BPD. She is 35 and will never admit she has a problem! I think that is one of the problems with BP. Everyone else is at fault and if someone points out theirs you get on their &%+$ list! She won't attend to her mental health problems because she doesn't think she has any. JA is exactly the same. Put the blame on everyone but herself. She will most likely get LWOP and will never come to the realization that she brought it on herself!

:seeya:

By a show of thanks for this post, who thinks we would have had a real Life or Death Verdict if (just hypothetically) JUROR #8 had not been released, but made it into the deliberation room, and served as the Foreman??

http://m.insideedition.com/?redirurl=/headlines/6389-jodi-ariass-juror-opens-up-about-trial

Jury foreman wants to reach out to Arias and ask her what really happened. He doesn't get it, does he. She'll never tell the truth. She's utterly incapable of honesty. And if he doesn't see that now, then she did a fantastic sell job on him, and he is naive and painfully unaware of what this woman is all about. JMO

i just can't don't get it - she lied about everything but he believes the abuse? and uses that as a mitigating, even though he said it wasn't self defense so how can that be a factor???

and as we all discussed all the evidence, the gun vs knife, the premeditation - just everything we thought the jury was discussing, and it turns out he is thinking she is to small and frail to be able to commit the murder even though she even said she did!!! i just don't understand :(

I am taking what the jury foreman said about the verbal abuse with a grain of salt. It was his opinion.The main problem I see is that if Jodi was unattractive, or a girl from the
hood, or a person of color, or a male They would have come back with death. People have trouble putting a “girl” with a side pony and wispy bangs to eventual death.She
acted frail and coy. they fell for it. They lost their perspective during the mitigation phase.

Didn't work for Angela Simpson, an unattractive, non-white (black) female.

Said she should have got DEATH, and justice was not served due to that. She is happy though, that she gets to spend "life" in prisons with her "sisters", and that she "can't wait" to be reunited with them .

I agree, Mr. Foreman does not get it. After all the lies, does he really think, JA will spill her guts to him, lmao.:floorlaugh: He's more gullible than what he looks, I guess he too is under the JA spell!

now that I read the foremans interview I think we were lucky to get m1 at all . I am now glad they could not agree ,another jury will give dp. they cared too much about her ,being in the courtroom for so long I think feelings got in the way.

My ex-DH was incarcerated in the San Juan Facility at Perryville from 1983-88. (I divorced him in 1985) It was a med/min facility then. San Juan was medium. You can look his Prison Id #37426 in the ADOC inmate data search. This was the last time he was incarcerated in Az, his previous incarcerations at Ft. Grant and Florence are not listed because their data base doesn't go that far back for repeat offenders. He went on to be incarcerated in California at Folsum, Solidad, and San Quentin. He was looking at a 3rd strike on his last offense, but San Jose, Cali. LE had beaten him so incredibly during his arrest (an illegal search when he was walking in the park) that they feared a lawsuit and cut him loose. They shattered the entire side of his face and his hip, among other things.

I have no sympathy for him. You reap what you sow. I was a stupid naive 17 year old who had never been exposed to the "Dark Side", and had known him from the time I was 6. He was a Marine with an honorable discharge. His sister was taken in by my folks as a foster for 7 years.

He became addicted to morphine while serving, guarded the medical tent. He was also on body bag duty, the planes would come in state, off load the dead, and he was one of those who had to inventory the body bag and compare the weight of the contents from where it came from to it's destiny. He also became a part of the military group that was portrayed in the movie "American Gangster". (I will NOT discuss the liberties or omissions that the movie misrepresented) When discharged he became a heroin addict, he was a member of the Old Mexican Mafia and the Nuestra Familia, 2 rival Ariz/Calif gangs, only because his brother in law, George Solano was a top dog in the NF in Cali. Both gangs were "blood in, blood out".

<respectfully snipped for space>.

Thank you for your insight.. I did have to look up a few things you referred to in your post.. I know that you indicated BBM above that you have no sympathy but reading that made me think of this song by John Prine Sam Stone.. it was a sad 'cost of war' we had a cousin come back addicted.. they found him murdered rolled up in a carpet behind his Dad's store. I know O/T but I wanted to comment on fact many service men did come back in same state. Of course your Ex is accountable for his actions & decisions etc...

Sam Stone by John Prine
John Prine/Sam Stone - YouTube
song starts at about 55 seconds

My fave John Prine song is Spanish Pipedream
[video=youtu;whpf4Xs2ww8]http://youtu.be/whpf4Xs2ww8[/video]

Hope you like him.. But I'm sucker for a story song like Johnny Cash songs ;)

GMA Elizabeth Vargas' interview with jury foreman

Apologies if this has been posted but Jeff Gold mentioned today about the possible (probable?) impact of hearing those VIS (which clearly were crushing to the jury according to foreman) but then WAITING 4 or 5 days and hearing Jodi and then Wilmott's close last. So the impact of the Alexander's was undeniably reduced.

Oh, Bernina. My heart goes out to you. What a brave post!
But, in all honesty...I have a hard time accepting the "ex-DH". I pray you have kept far, far away from this person.

He's in California, has Hep C, crippled from his beating, and on.........wait for it.....DISABILITY.

I have no contact with him. I only hear stuff through the grapevine.

As far as the "DH"? When he was straight, doing what normal people do, he was my soul mate. When he was in Felony mode...well, he broke my collar bone, cracked my ankle, busted several of my fingers, etc,. etc.
Yep, young and stupid, I thought I could "fix" him.
When he was good, it was "Paradise", when he was bad, it was pure "Hell".

IDK, stating that you are capable of voting for the DP isn't the same a saying you WILL vote for the DP. I asked about this last night, because so many people were upset and saying the jurors who wouldn't go DP were liars.

Saying you COULD vote DP is not making a promise that you WILL.

I just refuse to bash these jurors, because I haven't had to walk in their shoes these last 5 months. They were called to serve and they did so. Just because some didn't vote the way some of us had hoped doesn't make them shady or crooked.

Enough, please. :(

Sure could. Absolutely could. I would push the poison button, and if I knew how, I would insert the cath. with ZERO remorse. You bet your boots I would. Don't doubt that, not even for a second.

I no longer see her as a human, nor would I see anyone else as human given the circumstances. I would pull the trigger in a firing squad, too. If the jury rendered the DP.

I remember watching this woman a couple years ago in an interview on the show Lockup I believe (she has lost a lot of weight btw) but even then..those eyes..she is complete evil but unlike JA she is brutally honest about her crime. She tortured a man for three days and then killed him. She says that she thinks she should have gotten the DP. As horrible as she is at least she is honest! But to this day I have never listened to a murderer talk that gave me the chills like this one..well, JA too has that effect - listening to her made me nauseous. So much evil in people like this but at least this one KNOWS that she is evil and is honest about it. I hope JA pisses her off in jail..I would love to see her demolish JA!

Not directed at you moonshyne, I just saw this interview right now, just general observation:

Wow, Simpson tops JA, but only b/c Simpson seems to have her reasons. Wow, just wow on that Simpson interview. Something none of us can understand. (I hope.)

JA is somewhat closer to earth, if that makes sense. JA is clearly evil, and I believe she will kill again if she *feels* someone upsets her, but Simpson has a life I never want to know about. Just wow. I hope neither of them gets out, but Simpson's poor soul. At least I can feel pity in some odd way for Simpson. Simpson was over the rainbow before she was born.

i just can't don't get it - she lied about everything but he believes the abuse? and uses that as a mitigating, even though he said it wasn't self defense so how can that be a factor???

and as we all discussed all the evidence, the gun vs knife, the premeditation - just everything we thought the jury was discussing, and it turns out he is thinking she is to small and frail to be able to commit the murder even though she even said she did!!! i just don't understand :(

OMG this is my last post for the day then I'm leaving. I can't handle all this anger directed at the juror(s). Everyone is entitled to their opinions but it's getting ridiculous in here.

SHE WAS FOUND GUILTY!!! Why is everyone acting like the jury failed???

He did believe she committed the murder FGS - he voted for Murder 1.

Have a nice holiday weekend everyone. :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member