WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logical conclusion: They were trying to get the flyer out quickly. Someone who saw and knew what Shantina was wearing was available when the flyer was made. No one who saw and knew what Az was wearing was available when the flyer was made.

The comment I saw (no longer publicly available) from the person(s) who made the flyer was that they took the information from RS.

The comment I saw (no longer publicly available) from the person(s) who made the flyer was that they took the information from RS.

Okay. Then, if that comment existed, and if it was true, then RS was the person available. :waitasec:

What is your point? Sorry, I'm not getting what the problem is. I can be dense sometimes. Can you spell it out for me please?

TIA

I figure that if she is REALLY drowned as local authorities believe she is, that at least they would know where to look... in the water.

IMO

Do you have any idea how big Puget Sound is?

Over 1000 square miles of water.
Over 1300 miles of coastline.

And that's if she never washed out to sea.

Examiner.com article: Disappeared without a trace: Shantina Smiley had a rough start in life

April 2, 2010 - Shantina Smiley and her 8-year old son, Azriel Carver, went missing March 13. Her van was found the next morning stuck in the mud on a deserted beach down a private dirt road. Azriel's body was found twelve miles away on Fox Island, but Shantina remains missing ... click here for complete article.

Perhaps she was passed out or intoxicated and didn't have the motor skills to not get swept out with the current. Az could have opened the door to try and get out and then she went in shortly there after.

I too would like to hear more about the knock. We have no way of knowing that it was her. Why didn't they see who it was or call the police or did they?

The couple at that house heard the knocks, then activated their alarm system. They looked outside but didn't see anyone. As far as I remember, they didn't call LE until a couple of days later....after they realized there were missing persons & and an abandoned van.

I haven't heard anything else regarding it.....I wish they would grill those two more to find out if it DEFINITELY happened.

My feeling is that if it was Shantina, she awoke and Azriel was gone, and went looking for him. She pounded the garage in frustration over losing him.....which would mean she got off the beach.

sarx, what scent item is usually sought as an ideal one for the dogs to track? Is it a well-worn shoe or sock, since the dog's nose follows close to the ground where the subject's feet (shod or not) touch the ground? Or a worn, unwashed top or...what?

Just interested to know. Thanks!

Examiner.com article: 8-year old Azriel Carver, allegations of child abuse (Slideshow)

April 2, 2010 - Azriel Carver, the 8-year old boy who mysteriously disappeared in Olympia, Wash., when his mother, Shantina Smiley, apparently became lost during a trip to visit her step-father, and was found days later washed up on a Puget Sound island shore, was abused by his mother's ex-boyfriend when he was four and his abuser was never brought to justice ... click here for complete article.

Then, Hill stated that in August 2007 Longview Police found Shantina passed out from alcohol. She lost custody temporarily while she underwent treatment for her alcohol problem and voluntarily relinquished Azriel into her grandparents' care.

Upon completion of the program, Hill said, Azriel was returned to Shantina's care in the fall of 2007.

Glad to see that cleared up. That's not what was reported earlier.

With spring break this week maybe just maybe she will be found.

Someone had posted here that all they had to do is wipe inside the car to get a scent.

BBL

Glad to see that cleared up. That's not what was reported earlier.

I would not rely on an article from the Examiner to clear anything up. Just about anyone can sign up and "report". They don't have press credentials and have no more access to info than you or I.

"Right now," Simmons said, "all I have is an urn filled with half of Azriel's ashes and the hope that she'll come home. We had plans laid out for the rest of our lives. I just hope and pray she's out there, somewhere, and that she's still alive. "

???

That is strange. The interviews/articles with his father indicated JC brought Azriel's ashes home with him; nothing I saw to indicate he didn't have all of them. Has anyone ever heard of splitting the ashes amongst family members? I suppose they can do that, just seems weird to me.

ATTENTION WEBSLEUTHS MEMBERS

I am really getting tired of receiving alerts on this one thread. We have millions of posts and no one alerts on them. This thread is making up for that with what seems like a million alerts.

If you are new then please read and re-read the post above by Imamaze. If you are a long time member then you know the rules.

I will have no trouble whatsoever closing this thread if this continues.

Sorry to be so harsh but it is getting out of hand.

Thank you,

Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

I would not rely on an article from the Examiner to clear anything up. Just about anyone can sign up and "report". They don't have press credentials and have no more access to info than you or I.

I understand, but she's quoting an email she received from a CPS official. Not likely she'd simply make that up.

That's correct. The Examiner is another of these paid blog sites. Anyone can blog for them, and get paid by the click. These paid blog sites are not credible news sources. It's unfortunate they're proliferating.

That's correct. The Examiner is another of these paid blog sites. Anyone can blog for them, and get paid by the click. These paid blog sites are not credible news sources. It's unfortunate they're proliferating.

Reading through this particular person's articles, she's very thorough with sourcing. I don't see anything to indicate that she's not credible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko