WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 cups in 1.5 liters.- so the bottle of wine was half gone. Most of my wine glasses hold at least 1 cup of wine. 3 glasses (cups) of wine would more then likely not get anyone so drunk that they would be passing out or falling down drunk (imo). Of course they hadn't eaten from what we know, so that would make the effects from the wine more pronounced. Then again don't know that they didn't eat - maybe they ate before they left home. We really don't know a lot of what happened on that night.

It's equivalent to an entire regular sized bottle of wine (5 servings), more than enough to make someone (not everyone) drunk.

At the time the wine was purchased she had taken over 3 hours to drive 60 miles which indicates to me that something was wrong well before 8 pm.

I haven't had a chance to read thru the entire thread yet.... I apologize for that. I was looking at the photos with the key, lighter, and such. I'm not sure if anyone figured out the "cylinder" yet but did anyone else see it says "juice" on the side?? Kind of tone on tone. There is a fragrance called "juice" could this be a purse size spray??

I did notice what looked like a tone-on-tone design, but I didn't see it as a word---you have keen eyesight!

We may never know what the cylindrical item is; it's anyone's guess. It could very well be what you say.

I had a thought that it could be a mini flashlight---the side that emits the beam is facing away to the right, so we can't see it, and the other side is able to hold a keychain. The hole in the center of the cylinder could be where a button was to press it on/off?

Disappeared without a trace: Shantina Smiley still missing, fiancé talks about misconceptions

There has been much speculation about what might have happened that dreadful night when they went missing. There have, according to Shantina's fiancé, Robb Simmons, also been misconceptions about Shantina.

Examiner.com received an email from Sherry Hill, Communications Director at Children's Administration Tuesday morning indicating Shantina voluntarily gave Azriel to her grandparents while she sought treatment for her alcohol problem. The incident occurred August 2007and by that fall she had full custody of him again. By that time they were both living with her grandparents.

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...ill-missing-fiance-talks-about-misconceptions

Disappeared without a trace: Shantina Smiley still missing, fiancé talks about misconceptions

Despite the fact Shantina was a recovering alcoholic, had fallen off the wagon earlier in the week, was seen purchasing wine the night she went missing, had tripped and fallen in the store parking lot, and that a half-full bottle of wine was found with other items belonging to Shantina and Azriel along the shoreline days after they went missing, Simmons doesn't believe Shantina would drink and drive.

"I don't believe that past performance dictates who a person is today or who they'll be in the future, provided that they are given the opportunity to be successful. She was offered many opportunities, in our two and a half years together, and she was successful at what she did on her own merits," he said.

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...ill-missing-fiance-talks-about-misconceptions

Going back to the migraines...

http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?...ken=EEF18A85-30A6-45C8-9097D21358D6D312144005

"Posted: Mar 10, 2007 3:35 AM

Hey everyone, my name is Robb, and my girlfriend suffers from migraines, and it has had a very big effect on our relationship, she is moving out tommorow. Now I don't suffer from migraines, but I had acute cadnium posioning in 98, so I know it sucks, really bad."

I know there are many things that trigger migraines, some could be aneurisms, high blood pressure, a defective blood vessel in the brain that could eventually rupture into a stroke, etc...

I wasn't aware that hers were that bad. But migraines COULD account for some of her behavior that night.

IMO

I do a lot of six sigma work, so I suggested that she keep a journal, so we can identify the triggers for the effects. So far chocolate has popped up as a trigger.

But even after eliminating the chocolate, she still has them.

She should've gone to a doctor, in my opinion, I wonder if she did. This home diagnosing thing doesn't sound safe.

Again, my opinion only.
:)

attachment.php

dummy1.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370308994132#ht_3581wt_950
http://www.kirotv.com/news/22859850/detail.html

CatLynnette,Those are good suggestions. PaulR suggested this cartridge, which seems very close.

Going back to the migraines...

http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?...ken=EEF18A85-30A6-45C8-9097D21358D6D312144005

I know there are many things that trigger migraines, some could be aneurisms, high blood pressure, a defective blood vessel in the brain that could eventually rupture into a stroke, etc...

I wasn't aware that hers were that bad. But migraines COULD account for some of her behavior that night.

IMO

She should've gone to a doctor, in my opinion, I wonder if she did. This home diagnosing thing doesn't sound safe.

Again, my opinion only.

I thought this was referring to a former girlfriend. Did we determine Shantina and RS were together then?

We're having a major storm here right now. Some areas winds are up to 70mph near Fox Island/Olympia/Tacoma. Maybe it will bring her to the shore.

I know that there is over 1300 (?) miles of coastline in Puget Sound, but wouldn't they be able to narrow down the search area of the shoreline as they have the possible area where Shantina went in, they can predict the body's course judging from the direction of the currents and they know where Azriel's body washed ashore? I would think a person educated about this type of recovery would be able to circle a perimeter on a map where the family and loved ones could concentrate on. (Although I'm sure that there are a number of factors that could alter a predictable path her body might take).

When I was very young two relatives disappeared and were presumed drowned in a large lake and dozens of relatives kept vigil searching the shoreline and water until their remains were found (I think it took about 4-5 days). Maybe I'm not up to speed on this story, but have there been organized searches for Shantina's remains by her loved ones or volunteers? I don't think that I would leave the area if my loved one was missing and presumed drowned.

ETA: I googled the size of Lake Simcoe where my relatives drowned, and it's 744 sq K

I know that there is over 1300 (?) miles of coastline in Puget Sound, but wouldn't they be able to narrow down the search area of the shoreline as they have the possible area where Shantina went in, they can predict the body's course judging from the direction of the currents and they know where Azriel's body washed ashore? I would think a person educated about this type of recovery would be able to circle a perimeter on a map where the family and loved ones could concentrate on. (Although I'm sure that there are a number of factors that could alter a predictable path her body might take).

When I was very young two relatives disappeared and were presumed drowned in a large lake and dozens of relatives kept vigil searching the shoreline and water until their remains were found (I think it took about 4-5 days). Maybe I'm not up to speed on this story, but have there been organized searches for Shantina's remains by her loved ones or volunteers? I don't think that I would leave the area if my loved one was missing and presumed drowned.

ETA: I googled the size of Lake Simcoe where my relatives drowned, and it's 744 sq K

That's a lake. Puget Sound opens out onto the Pacific Ocean and covers a very large area.

There's a good chance her body could have washed out to sea. Just from the Wikipedia article: for the average tide, 1.26 cubic miles (or 5.3 cubic kilometers) of water flows in and out.

The forensics book I have says that in cold water (and Puget Sound is cold right now) bodies can stay submerged for months before surfacing.

Honestly, this area is pretty well populated and if her body had washed ashore, it likely would have been spotted by now.

You are correct, my bad.

No, there is no mention of names.

But, in interviews he has said that Shantina and him had been together for two and a half years, so I counted back to September 2007, then I realize now that the date on the post is March of 2007.

Thinking about the post now, cadmium poisoning is rare. I wonder how he got it.

I don't expect answers, since we ain't supposed to discuss people.

BBM

*Just speaking in general, no one in specific*

I'm a lab tech and I've noticed that at one of the walk-in clinics that I work in, a number of people come in having already given themselves a 'google diagnosis', and some of the diseases they come up with are pretty unusual and rare. And even if 0.001% of patients die of this rare disease, the patient comes in thinking they might be dying. *again, just speaking in general* cadmium poisoning sounds like something someone might come up with when giving themselves a diagnosis curtesy of google.

That's a lake. Puget Sound opens out onto the Pacific Ocean and covers a very large area.

There's a good chance her body could have washed out to sea. Just from the Wikipedia article: for the average tide, 1.26 cubic miles (or 5.3 cubic kilometers) of water flows in and out.

The forensics book I have says that in cold water (and Puget Sound is cold right now) bodies can stay submerged for months before surfacing.

Honestly, this area is pretty well populated and if her body had washed ashore, it likely would have been spotted by now.

I know Puget Sound opens out to the Pacific; I wasn't comparing it to a lake. I was just pointing out how my relatives kept vigil at the lake where two relatives drowned (and they covered a large area over the course of 4-5 days).

I was just wondering if people, especially her loved ones, are actively searching the area because there are some sections of shoreline that are relatively remote.

On Cadmium:

Cadmium is used in a number of industries, such as welding and soldering, photography, production of iron, steel and cement and production of nickel-cadmium batteries found in mobile phones and cordless equipment. The amount of cadmium is increased in the environment by forest fires and volcanoes, although the largest increase is due to the burning of fossil fuels, use of phosphate fertilisers and industrial processes.

Possibly exposed through materials used in his business as a photographer?

It is also possible that her body washed out on the next tide without being seen by anyone.

I was just wondering if people, especially her loved ones, are actively searching the area because there are some sections of shoreline that are relatively remote.

Like where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member