Welcome To Websleuths # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a few of my conversations, a square symbol made up of horizontal lines and a smaller square shows up between the url and the refresh. When I click on it, a new page opens up. Its title is the title of the conversation I was just on along with a long list of current threads on WS. When I try to click on any link on the list, it shows up as error. What is this?

Last edited:
In a few of my conversations, a square symbol made up of horizontal lines and a smaller square shows up between the url and the refresh. When I click on it, a new page opens up. Its title is the title of the conversation I was just on along with a long list of current threads on WS. When I try to click on any link on the list, it shows up as error. What is this?
Could be the threads have been removed from public view or it could be the server. Dave has been working on it all day. If you could please take a screen shot of the square and horizontal lines and the error page that would be very helpful. We can't look into it unless we see exactly what it is you are seeing.

Issues this morning while reading thru thread #2 Shannan, Celeste, Bella Watts.

**Edit

Im unable to upload thumbnail screenshot of popup box. Also unable to attach copy/paste. Will try again later.

Last edited:
Fingers crossed

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180816-054026.jpg
    Screenshot_20180816-054026.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 26
Could be the threads have been removed from public view or it could be the server. Dave has been working on it all day. If you could please take a screen shot of the square and horizontal lines and the error page that would be very helpful. We can't look into it unless we see exactly what it is you are seeing.
Here are the screen shots.

20180816_110118.jpg 20180816_110409.jpg 20180816_110509.jpg

Looks to me like you probably have an extension or an app that is not supported. The button with the square and lines does not appear to be part of default chrome.

It’s so slow this morning! Do you think it may be faster changing from iPhone to a regular PC?

Having a lot of issues today logging in and getting to a thread. Finally made it in but continuing to get error messages. Extremely slow, taking pages on the Shannan Watts thread at least 45 seconds (or longer) each time to load and if not by then I get the error page attached below. I’ve cleared my cookies, history and recent pages on Safari and accepted cookies before signing back in. I’m using an iPhone and an iPad. Thank you.

Attachments

• 24467C0C-7393-42D7-9EC4-333B37929A86.png
    24467C0C-7393-42D7-9EC4-333B37929A86.png
    79.6 KB · Views: 7
So the problems are due to maintenance or are they being fixed by maintenance? If we knew some schedule or when we may see improvements, it could benefit all.

Eta 1827 on line and took me 5 mins to edit this.

Last edited:
Bad timing for maintenance today (major case in Co) -- just saying!

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@websleuths.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

It’s so slow this morning! Do you think it may be faster changing from iPhone to a regular PC?

IMO No, No, No. Absolutely not. Slower than molasses. Beautiful warnings and database errors liking and trying to post, PC makes no difference.

And yet, here we all are! loyal through it all...

GRRR... Can't even post THIS. Lovely database error message.

Sigh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member