What do Burke's interviews tell us?

Re: Patsy's submissive and childlike response to any possible abuse concerning herself, I somehow interpreted this as her emotional /psychological regression ...i.e., when she is taken back "there" via thought, memory, or suggestion, inside herself, she becomes and experiences being little girl Patsy again, the same age as when the abuse occurred most likely. Of course I may be reading too much into it, ijmo.
Yes, and also my impression of her response is that the adult Patsy was familiar with the question, accustomed to answering it, and weary of having to do so again. I think Patsy had to invest a lot of energy into rigid self-control (simultaneously projected onto JB) regarding her own issues.

Yes, and also my impression of her response is that the adult Patsy was familiar with the question, accustomed to answering it, and weary of having to do so again. I think Patsy had to invest a lot of energy into rigid self-control (simultaneously projected onto JB) regarding her own issues.

IMO, PR wasn't comfortable to discuss any SEXUAL matters. And it's very possible because she has problems by losing 'sexual' identity due to female complications after ovarian cancer surgery and early menapause. JMO

IMO, PR wasn't comfortable to discuss any SEXUAL matters. And it's very possible because she has problems by losing 'sexual' identity due to female complications after ovarian cancer surgery and early menapause. JMO
Yes, that could well be the case.

Right. She became immediately defensive when LE questioned BR's possible involvement, yet strangely submissive when asked about her own possible abuse as a child. Nedra's odd comment about JB being "only a little bit molested", whether she actually said it that way or not, as well as the inexplicable silence of BOTH grandparents (as well as Patsy's other sister) raise a red flag to me. Does "only a little bit molested" mean it was no big deal? It seems to suggest a more casual attitude about sexual activity in the family. How about "only a little bit strangled, only a little bit bashed, only a little bit DEAD"?

Excellent post DeeDee, thanks!!

Well, I'm going to be the fly at the picnic ... again.

I don't buy into the Freudian psychology or Jungian theories offered as explanations for Ramsey behavior. I think they were totally in CYA mode, with Patsy and John protecting Burke as well as themselves. I don't necessarily think BDI but I think his parents would have attempted to protect him from every aspect of what happened whether he is guilty or only an innocent witness.

I'm still awaiting Kolar's book but have read most of the others (except JOB Ramsey's latest). I may change my mind after reading Kolar but I haven't yet read anything that discredits what Steve Thomas published or what he said when confronted with Patsy and John on television or what he said in personal one-on-one interviews.

It's interesting that buke's smearing and jonbenet's reported burning symptoms happened at age 3-4 when nedra was taking care of them alot and the pageant stuff getting started. Having a kid wear pull ups all day then change over to no pull ups at night and only stained undies is using humiliation imo. I wouldn't be suprised if there were huge issues about that at pageant time and dress up occasions with the stained panties pointed out and being forced to wear them.

Instead of guessing about certain aspects, maybe we should take BR at his word, because He Did say, he knew what happened. He said,' I know what happened, she was killed...someone took her quietly and took her down in the basement, took a knife out or hit her on the head'. According to him, the only question he asked his dad was, 'where did you find the body?' So, if this was his only question, how did he Know what happened? And how did he know about the knife? And even more astonishing, how did he know about the head bash? But what I find interesting about his statement, is that he said JB was taken quietly and then taken to the basement. If there was some kind of confrontation in the kitchen, he didn't allude to it, so, maybe an unconscious JB, didn't have to be dragged or carried, because she was taken quietly? Taken from where though? moo

I know it's been said that the autopsy wasn't released yet when this interview with the dr. Took place, but wonder if the Ramsey attorneys had already seen it and discussed? The doctor also noted his "bristling" reaction to her accidentally drinking from his soda can. Maybe kolar believes that jonbenet putting fingers in his bowl to get a piece of his pineapple started the whole thing in the kitchen

Instead of guessing about certain aspects, maybe we should take BR at his word, because He Did say, he knew what happened. He said,' I know what happened, she was killed...someone took her quietly and took her down in the basement, took a knife out or hit her on the head'. According to him, the only question he asked his dad was, 'where did you find the body?' So, if this was his only question, how did he Know what happened? And how did he know about the knife? And even more astonishing, how did he know about the head bash? But what I find interesting about his statement, is that he said JB was taken quietly and then taken to the basement. If there was some kind of confrontation in the kitchen, he didn't allude to it, so, maybe an unconscious JB, didn't have to be dragged or carried, because she was taken quietly? Taken from where though? moo
oops, BR said, 'her body', not 'the body'. But wow, what kind of 9 yr old would use the word, 'body', when referring to his sister? This whole interview, was so disturbing. moo.

oops, BR said, 'her body', not 'the body'. But wow, what kind of 9 yr old would use the word, 'body', when referring to his sister? This whole interview, was so disturbing. moo.

dodie20,
Hey, maybe the knife was part of his staging attempts? What BR said makes perfect sense if you accept all three R's colluded in the staging. It means Burke had to have a story to tell, so his parents will have gone over what he should say.

I just wonder what Fleet White thinks about BDI these days?

dodie20,
Hey, maybe the knife was part of his staging attempts? What BR said makes perfect sense if you accept all three R's colluded in the staging. It means Burke had to have a story to tell, so his parents will have gone over what he should say.

I just wonder what Fleet White thinks about BDI these days?

speaking of the knife...I remember the housekeeper saying she took the knife away from BR, and hid it in the linen closet. She also said that only PR would have known, because she would have seen it, when getting clean sheets. Does this sound reasonable? because who's to say BR didn't go looking for it, and checked some likely hiding spots? Also, even if PR was guilty, would she have made a special trip to the linen closet, to retrieve this particular knife? IDK about this. Where was BR's room, as related to this closet? because in his interview, he said he knew what happened, and that somebody, 'took a knife out or hit her on the head'. I was wondering if he witnessed somebody taking the knife out of the closet. That particular part of the interview was so disjointed, that IMO, some things were redacted. moo

speaking of the knife...I remember the housekeeper saying she took the knife away from BR, and hid it in the linen closet. She also said that only PR would have known, because she would have seen it, when getting clean sheets. Does this sound reasonable? because who's to say BR didn't go looking for it, and checked some likely hiding spots? Also, even if PR was guilty, would she have made a special trip to the linen closet, to retrieve this particular knife? IDK about this. Where was BR's room, as related to this closet? because in his interview, he said he knew what happened, and that somebody, 'took a knife out or hit her on the head'. I was wondering if he witnessed somebody taking the knife out of the closet. That particular part of the interview was so disjointed, that IMO, some things were redacted. moo

I think it sounds very reasonable. I think BR wouldn't have thought to look in a linen closet. I think the linen closet was near the laundry area that was just outside JB's room. BR's room was down the hall from there. There were cabinets in the area and this is also where the box of pull-ups diapers were noted.

What's everyone's opinions on this interview? Does anything stand out?
I'll post what I find interesting in my next post so this one doesn't get too long
I've been thinking about what BR said about someone quietly taking JB to the cellar, and then either getting a knife or hitting her on the head. I'm having a problem with the 'quietly', part. What I was thinking was this...what if he witnessed the head bash, but didn't realize how bad it was, and then saw PR take JB to bed, at the same time that he, himself went to bed? As far as he knew, JB was ok, just another fight as usual, so in his mind, someone must have taken JB, later. What he said, reads like he thinks the whole crime happened in the cellar, bash and all. If the crime did happen like this, then it changes everything. I mean, if someone is raging, does she quietly get her victim, and then take her down a couple of flights of stairs, before hitting her? This just makes me wonder even more about this family, and what was going on in that house. IMO, PR wrote that note, so there's no way she wasn't involved, so what the heck does this mean? Did she rage in the kitchen and then put JB to bed? then later go back for her? Or, did she quietly take her from her room to abuse her? and then for some reason, killed her? Or did BR have his information wrong? For what it's worth though, he seemed insistent on what happened. moo

Aside from the huge breach of confidentiality in this report, which is a major problem for me to overlook, I wonder if "Bonita" read the report and wrote it in a more user-friendly way, interjecting her own biases as if the therapist had reported certain things in certain ways.

I would have to know that this is the therapist's report or notes; or, I would have to read an interpretation of the therapist's report written by another therapist or mental health professional before I can buy into "Bonita's" paper as it stands.

Aside from the huge breach of confidentiality in this report, which is a major problem for me to overlook, I wonder if "Bonita" read the report and wrote it in a more user-friendly way, interjecting her own biases as if the therapist had reported certain things in certain ways.

I would have to know that this is the therapist's report or notes; or, I would have to read an interpretation of the therapist's report written by another therapist or mental health professional before I can buy into "Bonita's" paper as it stands.

I am answering myself here. I found a similar thread started by BlueCrab in 2004 and this is what he says about this interview:

The following information about Burke is taken word-for-word from "The Bonita Papers", a re-written voluminous collection of police reports that were copied from an attorney's private files by a legal analyst who worked in the attorney's office. The police reports were being stored by the attorney, who was on the payroll of the BPD, to keep them from the DA's office. The cops were apparently afraid the DA would turn over the information to the Ramsey's attorneys. Much of the information the tabloids used to write shocking stories on the JonBenet case came from The Bonita Papers after they purchased them from an undisclosed source.

Note the word "re-written". Like I said, I need to see the actual dr's report or at least a report by a mental health professional before I can trust that Bonita's isn't biased.

I've been thinking about what BR said about someone quietly taking JB to the cellar, and then either getting a knife or hitting her on the head. I'm having a problem with the 'quietly', part. What I was thinking was this...what if he witnessed the head bash, but didn't realize how bad it was, and then saw PR take JB to bed, at the same time that he, himself went to bed? As far as he knew, JB was ok, just another fight as usual, so in his mind, someone must have taken JB, later. What he said, reads like he thinks the whole crime happened in the cellar, bash and all. If the crime did happen like this, then it changes everything. I mean, if someone is raging, does she quietly get her victim, and then take her down a couple of flights of stairs, before hitting her? This just makes me wonder even more about this family, and what was going on in that house. IMO, PR wrote that note, so there's no way she wasn't involved, so what the heck does this mean? Did she rage in the kitchen and then put JB to bed? then later go back for her? Or, did she quietly take her from her room to abuse her? and then for some reason, killed her? Or did BR have his information wrong? For what it's worth though, he seemed insistent on what happened. moo
(bbm)

Dodie, I know you probably won't agree with me here, but shouldn't you consider that BR was sure of what happened because he knew exactly what the person taking her to the cellar was thinking? That is, "Gotta be quiet so no one hears us."

And also remember that this interview took place before the details were released about his pocketknife being found, or that she had been hit over the head.

Burke's interview alone should have caused the authorities to become aggressive in going after the Ramseys. His responses indicate serious psychological problems and there are obvious indications he was concealing something. What kind of District Attorney is satisfied with this?

John Ramsey's disappearance to "get the mail," his incomprehensible determination to fly out of town only hours after discovering the body of his child, Patsy wearing the same clothes, peek-a-booing at Arndt and her other theatrical behavior would have guaranteed an immediate arrest, if they'd been poor or middle-class parents. Instead, the D.A.'s office cooperated with them, permitted their legal team to bully them and the mainstream media handled them with kid gloves.

I think that Burke being quickly whisked away, and the fact the Ramseys lied about him being asleep when his voice can be heard on the 911 call proves that he was involved in some way. Otherwise, why bother to lie? Along with the fact we now know he'd had prior contact with Social Services, and had injured his sister at least once before, push me further and further into the BDI corner.

In a recent thread at FFJ, there was a picture of JBR on Christmas morning, standing before the tree, that I'd never seen before. It was taken from another self-published book I am unfamiliar with. I had only seen the two other photos from that day- does anyone know the story behind this picture, which indicates there was in fact at least three photos taken by the family that Christmas?

Did I miss some new information?!

I thought the same things while reading the report. 1st of all, were these his exact words, or a summary? Secondly, without a recording, there's no way to verify what he said or how he said it, or the expression he used when saying it. Also, to get a true gist of the report, we'd need to hear the exact wording of the interviewer's questions. So, as the interview stands, it's not worth much, but I do give it a certain amount of benefit of the doubt, and find it interesting.

Burke could have been prepped by his parents to tell what happened. Surely they tried to explain to him at some point that his sister had died and here's what happened.

Patsy never believed the foreign faction story to begin with or else she wouldn't have said what she did on television a few days later about how two people knew what happened -- the person who did it and a person the killer confided in. When she said that, the look on John's face would have sunk a ship.

(bbm)

Dodie, I know you probably won't agree with me here, but shouldn't you consider that BR was sure of what happened because he knew exactly what the person taking her to the cellar was thinking? That is, "Gotta be quiet so no one hears us."

And also remember that this interview took place before the details were released about his pocketknife being found, or that she had been hit over the head.
Yes, I've considered that BR knew exactly what happened because he was involved, but there's something about his explanation, IMO, that doesn't seem to be a confessional, but more like a witness account. This part of the report seems detached from the rest, almost like it occurred on a different day. I mean, how did he go from being so short, abrupt, and secretive, to basically spilling the beans? It's like something has been redacted from the report, or the interviewer led him to this discussion with leading or argumentative questions. To get a 9 yr old to open up like this, especially a 9 yr old who was being uncooperative, I would think the interviewer would have had to have challenged him somehow...like deliberately told an outlandish story, to see if he would correct it. But, for BR to say he knew what happened, was jarring, and if taken at face value, he could only have known because either he witnessed the attack, or because he was an active participant.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back