AMBER ALERT WI - Elijah Vue, 3 year old Elijah Vue, Two Rivers, 20 Feb 2024

Thank you for a link to the search map and GREAT notes, @wnk!

Here's what I'm wondering... If they "found the blanket early in their investigation" as the MSM states... why in the world would they withhold that info? Unless it was to keep search parties out of the area so they don't disturb the scene. I'm just surprised Little Man hasn't been found yet if they found his blanket. :(
Maybe they wanted to get it DNA checked to be 100% certain it belonged to Elijah before announcing it to the public ?

MAR 18, 2024
"Upon reading the criminal complaint, it is unclear as to what behavior Mr. Vang is alleged to have engaged in that would be considered a failure to provide necessary care. Is the state alleging that Mr. Vang having the alleged victim stand for one to three hours in time out a failure to provide necessary care? Is the state alleging that Mr. Vang changing the alleged victim’s diaper at least once per day a failure to provide necessary care? Is the state alleging that Mr. Vang locking the front door (with the lock on the doorknob, the dead bolt, and security chain) and going to sleep while the alleged victim was in a time out a failure to provide necessary care? In short, the complaint fails to provide sufficient notice to Mr. Vang as to the alleged neglectful action that would allow him to plead and prepare a defense. In order to provide Mr. Vang with sufficient notice, the state must make the criminal complaint more definite and certain as to what behavior Mr. Vang is alleged to have done that would be considered a failure to provide necessary care,” Hogan wrote.

My heart is heavy, I can't believe people treat these poor little children this way. It's beyond my human comprehension. I know that whatever has happened to Elijah will be awful, but he is in a far better place now than with bio mom and this Vang monster. She is just as responsible, IMO if not more, she 'gave' him to Vang.

These children shouldn't have to die to escape the awfulness of their lives caused by the very people who are supposed to love and protect them most of all. It's just too sad for words and although I don't post and follow daily, this little boy spoke to my heart. His pictures have that same look that many of these abused children have, they try so hard to have a happy smile on their precious faces, but it just never seems to reach their eyes.

I'm so very truly sorry little one and may justice come swiftly and mightily to both of these animals. :(

MOO

Thank you for a link to the search map and GREAT notes, @wnk!

Here's what I'm wondering... If they "found the blanket early in their investigation" as the MSM states... why in the world would they withhold that info? Unless it was to keep search parties out of the area so they don't disturb the scene. I'm just surprised Little Man hasn't been found yet if they found his blanket. :(
The blanket could have been planted far from where the child was left as a false trail too especially if JV belatedly mentioned it.
MOO

The Two Rivers Police Department said that a red and white plaid blanket found earlier in this investigation was confirmed to belong to Elijah Vue, a Wisconsin 3-year-old who went missing on February 20. The blanket was found about 3.7 miles from where Elijah was last seen, the department said in a news release.

An initial description of Elijah said he was last seen wearing gray pants, a long-sleeved dark shirt, and red and green dinosaur shoes, according to CBS affiliate WDJT. He might have been carrying the blanket, WDJT reported

"Today we can confirm the blanket is Elijah’s blanket," Meinnert said.

The blanket was found about 3.7 miles from Vang’s residence in the 3900 block of Mishicot Road in Two Rivers, police said.

Along with the blanket, a 1994 Nissan Altima was impounded in the case. Police reviewed Feb. 19 footage from a camera in the vehicle.

Police Searched Goodwin Road Five Days After Elijah Vue Disappeared

While they did not specify when the blanket was found, Seehafer News has reason to believe it was a mere five days after the 3-year-old was reported missing.

On February 25th, the Sunday after the Amber Alert was issued, Seehafer News was on the scene of a heavy police presence on Goodwin Road between County Road B and Johnston Drive, just north of the City of Manitowoc.

Below is a photo of law enforcement on the scene.
goodwin-road-search.jpg

-------------------------------------------------
Betting digital evidence led them to search that area. Something told them Vang was in that area MOO

ETA from the photo of LE activity shared at this link I now think they found the blanket on Goodwin Road and NOT East Goodwin Road. I don't quite understand why they referred to Goodwin Road being East of County Road B when it is clearly not - but here we are - shrug

Last edited:
ETA from the photo of LE activity shared at this link I now think they found the blanket on Goodwin Road and NOT East Goodwin Road. I don't quite understand why they referred to Goodwin Road being East of County Road B when it is clearly not - but here we are - shrug
Goodwin crosses CTY Rd B, so there’d be an “east of and west of” description. There’s a pic a few posts above that shows the “east of” area.

Two Rivers Police Department

Release Date: March 18, 2024, 3:50 PM
UPDATE: A red and white plaid blanket was located on Goodwin Rd east of County Road B, in Manitowoc County, earlier in this investigation. Today we can confirm the blanket is Elijah’s blanket. This blanket was located 3.7 miles from the 3900 block of Mishicot Road in the City of Two Rivers, where Elijah was reported missing on February 20th, 2024.
We continue to request the public’s assistance in checking all urban and rural areas, including water, to find Elijah and locate any evidence related to his disappearance. Please continue to search and contact us immediately with any information you feel relevant through our tip line (844-267-6648), the Manitowoc County Crime Stoppers P3 App, or our police department email.
Those with information leading to the discovery of Elijah may be eligible for a reward of up to $40,000; $10,000 from Manitowoc County Crime Stoppers for the arrest and charging of the individual/s responsible for his disappearance, $15,000 for information leading to the location and return of Elijah Vue and/or the arrest and conviction of the individual/s involved in his disappearance, and an additional $15,000 thanks to funds raised by donations set up through the City of Two Rivers.
Ben Meinnert
Chief of Police

MAR 18, 2024
"Upon reading the criminal complaint, it is unclear as to what behavior Mr. Vang is alleged to have engaged in that would be considered a failure to provide necessary care. Is the state alleging that Mr. Vang having the alleged victim stand for one to three hours in time out a failure to provide necessary care? Is the state alleging that Mr. Vang changing the alleged victim’s diaper at least once per day a failure to provide necessary care? Is the state alleging that Mr. Vang locking the front door (with the lock on the doorknob, the dead bolt, and security chain) and going to sleep while the alleged victim was in a time out a failure to provide necessary care? In short, the complaint fails to provide sufficient notice to Mr. Vang as to the alleged neglectful action that would allow him to plead and prepare a defense. In order to provide Mr. Vang with sufficient notice, the state must make the criminal complaint more definite and certain as to what behavior Mr. Vang is alleged to have done that would be considered a failure to provide necessary care,” Hogan wrote.
Please tell me how JV wasn’t neglectful and provided Elijah necessary care? I know the attorneys are doing their job, but come on….all I can do is smh and hope the state will provide enough evidence to prove the charges are legitimate.

Well, he hasn't produced anybody who was allegedly supervising the toddler he had in his care on those occasions he is seen driving around solo and galivanting with the toddler mother has he?

Please tell me how JV wasn’t neglectful and provided Elijah necessary care? I know the attorneys are doing their job, but come on….all I can do is smh and hope the state will provide enough evidence to prove the charges are legitimate.
Yea, honestly probably not the best way to argue a case, because anybody in their right mind would hear that and say that’s neglect.

MAR 19, 2024
[...]

Neighbors told FOX 11 that a woman walking her dog found the blanket -- not far off the road, near a dirt path -- the weekend after Vue was reported missing.

FOX 11 learned the woman reported her find to authorities, and that set off an extensive search of the area by law enforcement. Neighbors said not only were they interviewed by authorities, but local, state and federal agents meticulously performed a shoulder-to-shoulder grid search of the area, too.

It's the same area where law enforcement was seen on Tuesday morning, four weeks after the toddler was reported missing. Investigators were in the area after someone reported that birds were circling overhead. During a search, authorities discovered a deer carcass.

[...]

Meanwhile, the volunteer searchers are asking private property owners to put a blue balloon outside if they don't mind having their property searched, so volunteers know they can come onto their property.

[...]

MAR 19, 2024
[...]

Neighbors told FOX 11 that a woman walking her dog found the blanket -- not far off the road, near a dirt path -- the weekend after Vue was reported missing.

FOX 11 learned the woman reported her find to authorities, and that set off an extensive search of the area by law enforcement. Neighbors said not only were they interviewed by authorities, but local, state and federal agents meticulously performed a shoulder-to-shoulder grid search of the area, too.

It's the same area where law enforcement was seen on Tuesday morning, four weeks after the toddler was reported missing. Investigators were in the area after someone reported that birds were circling overhead. During a search, authorities discovered a deer carcass.

[...]

Meanwhile, the volunteer searchers are asking private property owners to put a blue balloon outside if they don't mind having their property searched, so volunteers know they can come onto their property.

[...]
Someone else on this thread mentioned their idea that perhaps EV was left on his own in a wooded area. It's a horrible thought and it has left me wondering if EV was harmed by wildlife. I know there are significant black bear and wolf populations in WI. Did anyone research any other wildlife specific to this wooded area where the blanket was found?

MAR 20, 2024
[...]

“The city council, on Monday evening, approved an amendment to our 2024 city budget just to make sure that we have a more adequately funded contingency.”

Buckley says the main group that will benefit from this is the Two Rivers Police Department, which has spent more than half of its allocated overtime funding for the year so far in the search.

“The police department’s budget for overtime wages is $130,000," says Buckley. "In the last four weeks, we’ve seen $70,000 in overtime expenses.”

[...]

Buckley wants everyone to know: no dollar amount will not stop the search efforts until Elijah is found.

“Clearly, job one is the continued search for that little boy.”

[...]

Someone else on this thread mentioned their idea that perhaps EV was left on his own in a wooded area. It's a horrible thought and it has left me wondering if EV was harmed by wildlife. I know there are significant black bear and wolf populations in WI. Did anyone research any other wildlife specific to this wooded area where the blanket was found?
That was me, I believe. According to iNaturalist (a website where photographers document the presence of flora and fauna), it seems the most common predator for Manitowoc County (based on photos) are coyotes and foxes. According to the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, black bears are listed as "transient" for Manitowoc, meaning that they don't have a large established population but have been observed passing through the area. Bears appear to be much more common further north. Additionally, here is a report on the wolf population of Wisconsin. It looks like they are not very common but do have an established population. Meanwhile, cougars/panthers have also been observed in Wisconsin but are exceedingly rare.

If Eli was left there deceased, an unfortunate possibility is "animal activity" post mortem. His body and/or parts of it could be moved by animals. Predators and scavengers are not the only animals that can do this. NSFW: Deer are actually known to chew on bones for calcium.

MANITOWOC (WLUK) -- After Jesse Vang's attorney asked for a revised criminal complaint, prosecutors filed more detailed charges against the man who reported Elijah Vue missing.
[snip]
The additional information adds details of a Feb. 13-14 meeting between Vang and Baur. A photo from that time of Vue shows him with bruising on his face and arm.

A Feb. 15 photo of Vue shows him "standing in corner in diaper only, hands appear to be in praying position, and the diaper looks full. It appears to have been taken at Jesse Vang's apartment," the complaint states.
Updated complaint adds more detail to allegations against Jesse Vang in Elijah Vue case

the amended complaint is at the linked article. Vang's attorney asked for more specificity and the DA said - here ya go bud.

Police Searched Goodwin Road Five Days After Elijah Vue Disappeared

While they did not specify when the blanket was found, Seehafer News has reason to believe it was a mere five days after the 3-year-old was reported missing.

On February 25th, the Sunday after the Amber Alert was issued, Seehafer News was on the scene of a heavy police presence on Goodwin Road between County Road B and Johnston Drive, just north of the City of Manitowoc.

Below is a photo of law enforcement on the scene.
goodwin-road-search.jpg

-------------------------------------------------
Betting digital evidence led them to search that area. Something told them Vang was in that area MOO

The blanket was not found by law enforcement, however by a person walking there dog. It was extremly lucky to have been found by a citizen who was vigilaint and was reported immediately to LE

The blue route is the google maps suggested route from Wisconsin Dells(KB) to Two Rivers(JV). The yellow with red X on extreme right hand side is the intersection of Goodwin and Cty Rd B where the blanket was found.

IMO Seeing these marked on the map does add to the theory (for me, MOO) that perhaps this was a purposeful “dumping” of evidence to throw off LE. IMO KB only had to detour by driving 1 block down, throw out the blanket and keep driving home.

I don’t understand how else this blanket could end up there unless Elijah was nearby? Seems unlikely it would blow out the window of a car?

(All hypothetical and MOO)

Attachments

• A81A5FB5-2F27-41B7-A3F5-10FB0AE65D52.jpeg
    A81A5FB5-2F27-41B7-A3F5-10FB0AE65D52.jpeg
    193.4 KB · Views: 12

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads