Found Deceased WI - Iliana Lily Peters, 10, left aunt's, didn't arr hm, bike fnd, Chippewa Falls, 24 Apr 22, *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't want to be "nit-picky" - but the hearing is a Review hearing.... :)

Court activities
Date Time Location Description Type Court official
05-05-2022 03:30 pm Chippewa County Courthouse, Branch 3 Review hearing Court Lane, Benjamin J.

link: Wisconsin Circuit Court Access

and THANKS! for the link to his case! :)
Actually, the purpose of the review hearing is to identify counsel for the defendant. His first appearance was somewhat of a cart before the horse. MOO

CartBeforeHorse.jpg

ETA: Defendant retained counsel 4/28/22:

Court record
Date Event Court official Court reporter Amount
05-02-2022 Authorization
Additional text:
for Attorney to Act on Defendant's Behalf

04-29-2022 Letters/correspondence
Additional text:
Filed by Attorney Cohen, RE: Future Appearances - Sent for review

04-28-2022 Notice of retainer
Additional text:
filed by Attorney Michael R. Cohen

Wisconsin Circuit Court Access

Last edited:
I am not complaining, merely making an observation. There really is basically nothing left at this time that we can discuss, and haven't, without running afoul of TOS. Perhaps if and when the time may come that the suspect is named in MSM, we may be able to discuss more, but for now, I, like many, am just sitting on my hands. JMO
Police previously stated that the victim and the accused were known to each other. In compliance with protecting the juvenile's identity, we are restricted from posting any MSM that states or implies the parties are related.

Wow! After listening to Mr Cohen's job experience and yrs of service?!? I suddenly realize my job doesn't suck quite so bad. I can't fathom what that guy has had endure- some jobs just aren't worth the $$$

Wow! After listening to Mr Cohen's job experience and yrs of service?!? I suddenly realize my job doesn't suck quite so bad. I can't fathom what that guy has had endure- some jobs just aren't worth the $$$

For our justice system to work, every person charged with a crime is entitled to, and must be provided a fair trial with a vigorous defense. Having said that, I completely agree with you. I am glad there are criminal defense attorneys who will take cases such as this, but I could never be one.

Last edited:
Another horrific crime involving a 14 year old perpetrator is being reported in the news today. This violent crime in Long Island took place on April 19th:

“Long Island teenager, 14 is arrested for 'breaking into a 23-year-old mother's home and raping her in front of her daughter, 4, before strangling his victim and stabbing her in the chest with a switchblade'”

Long Island teenager arrested for breaking into woman's home and raping her in front of her daughter | Daily Mail Online

It is absolutely horrifying that the alleged perpetrator in Long Island is being tried as a juvenile and he is only facing a maximum of ten years in juvenile detention. He will still be a danger to society if he gets the maximum sentence and is released from juvenile detention in his mid 20s and he may kill his next victim.

I am still in disbelief that a 14 year old has been charged with Lily’s horrific murder and that another 14 year old has also been charged with committing this violent rape and attempted murder in Long Island.

Unfortunately I do not think it is possible for a 14 year old who is convicted of crimes like these which are so despicable, brutal, violent and evil to be rehabilitated and for them not to pose a constant danger upon release. If convicted they should be locked up in a secure facility for life in my opinion because of the constant danger they will pose to society for the rest of their lives.

I apologise if I have made an error posting about this horrendous case in Long Island in the thread for Lily. I’m just so shocked that the alleged perpetrators in both cases are both only 14 years old.

In addition I’m also very shocked at the difference between the two states with Wisconsin trying Lily’s alleged killer as an adult with the possibility of life in prison. In contrast to New York trying a 14 year old, who has allegedly committed a home invasion, rape in front of a victim’s child and the stabbing which could potentially have resulted in the death and murder of the victim as a juvenile. With the juvenile only facing a maximum sentence of ten years in juvenile detention.

It is baffling to me how the justice system appears to be so lenient in the state of New York. Surely the prosecutors in New York must see the risk the 14 year old in the Long Island case will pose for the rest of his life. Thankfully the justice system appears to be far less lenient in Wisconsin and the Prosecutors appreciate the danger Lily’s alleged killer poses to society.

Police chief extends “thank you” at Chippewa Falls City Council meeting

Published: May. 3, 2022 at 7:50 PM PDT|Updated: 19 hours ago

CHIPPEWA FALLS, Wis. (WEAU) -Thank you was the message from Chippewa Falls Police Chief Matt Kelm during Tuesday night’s Chippewa Falls City Council meeting.

Chief Kelm thanked the council members and the entire community for their overwhelming support and compassion following the homicide of 10-year-old Lily Peters.

Chief Kelm said more than 100 officers, EMS, investigators and support personnel rushed from our surrounding area to help in the homicide investigation of Lily Peters. He says the whole community was impacted by what happened, and he’s proud to be part of a community that can come together through tragedy.

[..]

Chief Kelm says he’s confident the community will heal as people continue to come together to support one another.

Another horrific crime involving a 14 year old perpetrator is being reported in the news today. This violent crime in Long Island took place on April 19th:

“Long Island teenager, 14 is arrested for 'breaking into a 23-year-old mother's home and raping her in front of her daughter, 4, before strangling his victim and stabbing her in the chest with a switchblade'”

Long Island teenager arrested for breaking into woman's home and raping her in front of her daughter | Daily Mail Online

I am still in disbelief that a 14 year old has been charged with Lily’s horrific murder and that another 14 year old has also been charged with committing this violent rape and attempted murder in Long Island.
Shortened and BBM.

For whatever reason, I don't find it so surprising that a 14 yo can be capable of such brutal crimes against others. I wish I was. Younger children than 14 have done horrible things too. I recently posted about two 10 yo's that tortured a 2 yo to death. It was worse than beating with sticks and stones but I won't go into that here. Those children had a bad upbringing which IMO may be one factor that turns children into such monsters. Should those parents be held responsible? I think so but I doubt our justice system would see it that way. I don't know what the answer is but I think the key may be unwanted children (unplanned pregnancies). Sure, some unplanned children are loved and treated well, but not all are. If I had a magic wand I'd wave it and make all the ugliness in the world go away. As Lily Peter's poem goes (snipped for focus):

I wish people were kind to each other
I wish everybody was respectful
I wish there was peace in this world

Such a sweet thing to wish for. It's a shame what happened to her, and to others as well.

It's a slippery slope because anatomically and physiologically, we know that 14-year-olds do not have the thought process of an adult at that age due to their actions being guided more by the emotional and reactive amygdala and less by the thoughtful, logical frontal cortex. The prefrontal cortex is one of the last brain regions to mature. I am not taking a side, everyone is obviously entitled to their opinion on punishments of youth that commit atrocious acts of violence.

It's a slippery slope because anatomically and physiologically, we know that 14-year-olds do not have the thought process of an adult at that age due to their actions being guided more by the emotional and reactive amygdala and less by the thoughtful, logical frontal cortex. The prefrontal cortex is one of the last brain regions to mature. I am not taking a side, everyone is obviously entitled to their opinion on punishments of youth that commit atrocious acts of violence.

Respectfully, I say let his prefrontal cortex mature while he is spending the rest of his life in prison. Lily's prefrontal cortex will never have an opportunity to mature. JMO

Last edited:
Thursday, May 5th:
*Review Hearing (@ 3:30pm ET) - WI - Iliana “Lily” Peters (10) (left aunt's, didn't arrive home, bike found, reported missing April 24, 2022 @ 9pm, found April 25, 2022 @ 9:15am located near the walking trail at the end of North Grove St. at the Jacob Leinenkugel Brewery Co. parking lot, Chippewa Falls) - *C. P-B. (14) <modsnip> arrested & charged (4/26/22) & arraigned (4/27/22) with 1st degree intentional murder & 1st degree sexual assault/great bodily harm & 1st degree sexual assault on a child under 13 resulting in great bodily harm. Cash bond of $1M. Incarcerated at the Northwest Regional Juvenile Detention Center in Eau Claire.
Chippewa Falls Police found her bike in the woods adjacent to the trail Sunday (4/24/22) & discovered her body the following morning (4/25/22). The suspect was not a stranger, the suspect was known to the victim per Police Chief Matthew Kelm. Will be tried in an adult court. According to Chippewa County coroner Ron Patten, the preliminary results show Peters died from blunt force trauma & strangulation & the manner of death was a homicide.
4/27/22 Update: Prosecuting attorney Wade Newell in court for the State of Wisconsin. Defendant C.T.P.-B. appeared by video, in custody at JDC. Attorney Karl A Schmidt & Attorney Kirby Harless appeared by video for C.T.P.-B. Defendant waives personal appearance. Criminal Complaint & Victim Key filed in Court. Attorney waives reading of complaint. Defendant is informed of charges. Defendant received copy of Criminal Complaint. Court orders Complaint & Victim Key be filed under seal with access to State & defense counsel. If Complaint is ordered to be released in the future any reference to defendant's name is to be redacted with initials only visible in the caption of document. Court further orders that only the initial of the defendant be used in future filings. Video arrangements to be made by the State for future hearings. Waiver of time limits for preliminary hearing. Bond hearing. Chippewa County DA Wade Newell says the teenager is charged with first-degree murder & 2 counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct. During today’s court hearing, Newell said the juvenile admitted to investigators that he punched the victim in the stomach, knocked her to the ground, essentially strangled her, hit her with a stick, before strangling her to the point of death – before he then sexually assaulted her along a walking path Sunday night. The young girl was murdered after she left her aunt’s house to return to her home & in reading the charges, the DA indicated the suspect left the home with the victim with the intent to rape & kill her. DA asked for $1M cash bond, defense asked for $100K. Judge Ben Lane: "this was a serious threat to the community, so the court is concerned this could be a further threat if released." $1M cash bond ordered, conditions no contact with juveniles or have dangerous weapons. Next court hearing on 5/5/22 @ 3:30pm to discuss issues such as who will represent the juvenile suspect. Right now he is will be tried in adult court.
4/28/22: Defendant's Motion for discovery. Motion to preserve evidence-filed by Michael Cohen. 5/2/22: Authorization for attorney to act on defendant's behalf.

Last edited by a moderator:
4/28/22: Defendant's Motion for discovery. Motion to preserve evidence-filed by Michael Cohen. 5/2/22: Authorization for attorney to act on defendant's behalf.
Shortened for focus.

Do you have a MSM link for this? <modsnip: Off topic> TIA

Last edited by a moderator:

It is absolutely horrifying that the alleged perpetrator in Long Island is being tried as a juvenile and he is only facing a maximum of ten years in juvenile detention. He will still be a danger to society if he gets the maximum sentence and is released from juvenile detention in his mid 20s and he may kill his next victim.

Unfortunately I do not think it is possible for a 14 year old who is convicted of crimes like these which are so despicable, brutal, violent and evil to be rehabilitated and for them not to pose a constant danger upon release. If convicted they should be locked up in a secure facility for life in my opinion because of the constant danger they will pose to society for the rest of their lives.

I apologise if I have made an error posting about this horrendous case in Long Island in the thread for Lily. I’m just so shocked that the alleged perpetrators in both cases are both only 14 years old.

In addition I’m also very shocked at the difference between the two states with Wisconsin trying Lily’s alleged killer as an adult with the possibility of life in prison. In contrast to New York trying a 14 year old, who has allegedly committed a home invasion, rape in front of a victim’s child and the stabbing which could potentially have resulted in the death and murder of the victim as a juvenile. With the juvenile only facing a maximum sentence of ten years in juvenile detention.

It is baffling to me how the justice system appears to be so lenient in the state of New York. Surely the prosecutors in New York must see the risk the 14 year old in the Long Island case will pose for the rest of his life. Thankfully the justice system appears to be far less lenient in Wisconsin and the Prosecutors appreciate the danger Lily’s alleged killer poses to society.
Although I believe that even people who commit atrocious crimes can possibly be rehabilitated, and the younger they were the better the chance of it, the handling of the cases state to state truly is shocking.

Compare Lily's case here where the perpetrator's identity is doggedly concealed by the state to Tristyn Bailey where they pretty much immediately charged the 14 year old perp and his mom for washing his bloody clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa