Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #36

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

Apparently, according to the call log, from when the Kasinskas family called 911, Jayme told the dispatcher that her kidnapper was previously in the military. I wonder if he lied to her, and exaggerated that?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  2. human

human Well-Known Member

Freezing weather and she is out there in giant shoes walking on icy roads for 8 minutes. 8 minutes is a long long time in the cold .Jayme would not be able to walk fast in giant shoes.

Can you imagine the terror they were both feeling!

IHAVENOCLUE, 8paws, Alcina and 10 others like this.
  3. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

Flat out lied, or exaggerated.

He probably has a fragile little ego, and this lie would serve him well as far as intimidation goes.

IHAVENOCLUE, Lucyray, Alcina and 15 others like this.
  4. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

I think she felt safe. The ones who had her were armed and loaded ready to protect her if he stupidly came there.

Most who do what he has done are really cowards when it comes to the possibility they may be the one shot and wounded or is the one who may be shot dead.

Jmo

5. stephlovescheese

stephlovescheese Well-Known Member

6. Stunned

Stunned Well-Known Member

Exactly

7. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

I don't think he knew yet, that she had escaped. Thank Goodness. I think he was out doing errands, or whatever it was he did when he would leave her there alone.

In my opinion, if he had known she had escaped, then his reaction to being pulled over would have been very different. I think he would have tried to get away at that point. I think he truly believed he was just getting a traffic ticket. JMO

IHAVENOCLUE, Alcina, Shelby2 and 13 others like this.
  8. human

human Well-Known Member

Totally agree.

Think of how difficult it is for adults to process tragedy when they have the cognitive abilities to understand facts and information.

Children have none of that. Children are not resilient, as you have pointed out

8paws, GarAndTeed, gitana1 and 8 others like this.
  9. OTPTarheel2018

OTPTarheel2018 Well-Known Member

And another recent case and trial with a MC dropout -- Daron Wint.
    Getting kicked out of boot camp is usually a telling tale...not saying JP was kicked out but...

JMO and wondering

10. MsJosie

MsJosie Well-Known Member

If he had “people” or “friends” come over, IMO, they must have driven as it looks like a long walk to anywhere. I am surprised no one noticed cars going in/out drive even if house cannot be seen from street. I bet there were not many visitors.

Also who was getting any active utility bills? Were the bills sent to parents location or to the actual house he was in? If to the parents why were they not questioning the higher usage and bill, unless they knew he was there. If sent to the house, IMO, he was throwing away the bills....until utilities were turned off.

Not sleuthing, but was his brother living there Too? In was remarked the brothers once lived there together.

I hope he pleads guilty.....but not much hope in that.

11. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

I'm in complete agreement that if at all possible, Jayme and no one else- including LE and/or her family- should decide for her whether or not to make public any more potential charges than the plenty that are already known and more than enough to warrant LWOP for the accused.

Jayme is a child. She can't and shouldn't be asked to bear the responsiblity of others' interpretations /expectations of what is "appropriate" or "right" to do, in terms of protecting herself, grieving, or telling or not telling her story to LE, prosecutors, or in court, or even, for that matter, to the family members who have embraced her.

The public has a right to be protected from this murderer and kidnapper, to hear the case against him in court, and to see justice done. Nothing less, but nothing more either.

12. Rubiconbob

Rubiconbob Well-Known Member

Watched both press conference, and read a no of pieces on JP... still don’t get the timeline... or what’s being said.

Divorce happens in 2008.. that makes JP roughly 11 years old at time of divorce...

One neighbor makes it sound like once divorced the kids were left the cabin for themselves... then they were later in foster care??? So both parents bail on 3 kids in 2008 is that correct...that would mess someone up @ 11...not excusing ... I just don’t know what happened 2008 to 2019...
    Doesn’t appear it was much structure or family time..

—————

Patterson’s parents divorced in 2008, according to online court records. Neighbor Daphne Ronning told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that the parents moved away but that Patterson and his older brother, Erik, continued to stay in the cabin. She said she and her husband once caught them siphoning gas. Another neighbor, Patricia Osborne, told the Minneapolis Star Tribune that the brothers often got into trouble. She said they stole things and spent time in foster care.

Traymar, tragco, IHAVENOCLUE and 14 others like this.
  13. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, firimar!

Funny you should mention this, Rabbit , because the more I am learning about Patterson, the more I can see some psychological parallels to Jeffery Dahmer. Dahmer was the product of a nasty parental divorce which affected him deeply...he was a quiet child. The parents left the family home, leaving a very young Dahmer to remain in house and fend for himself. When asked why he did the horrible things he did, Dahmer once responded that he took his victims because he wanted someone who would always stay with him, and that if he let them live, he knew they would leave. I can't help but wonder if abandonment, loneliness and isolation played a huge part in all of this, from Patterson's perspective.

Just some thoughts.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    Traymar, tragco, IHAVENOCLUE and 25 others like this.
  14. MCDRAW

MCDRAW Well-Known Member

Rural response time can be very lengthy. where I live, 20 minutes would be fast.

8paws, gngr~snap, chili367 and 11 others like this.
  15. Lillymac

Lillymac Well-Known Member

DancingMuse likes this.
  16. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

I've read about a bar and a correctional institution. IOW, I don't know.
    Sorry! ;)

17. Caylee Advocate

Caylee Advocate Somewhere Between Here And There

I hope the freak pleads guilty, but in the event he doesn't, I pray God gives Jayme the strength to let this sub-human know that she no longer fears him and that she is there to make sure justice comes for herself and her wonderful Mom and Dad.

Jayme needs to know her limits and whether or not she decides to face him or testify in a different way, everyone is proud of her.

human, Ellmau, DancingMuse and 3 others like this.
  18. vlpate

vlpate Sleuther with a porpoise

It is doubtful this case will go to trial anytime soon. The murder case alone will take a while, probably.

Any idea if they will try the kidnapping and both murders together?

19. The Farm

The Farm Well-Known Member

Just a reminder everyone tonight on 48 Hours they will have a special on Jayme. 10pm EST-9C.

Alcina, Jasper52, crhedBngr and 9 others like this.
  20. Julia966

Julia966 Well-Known Member

Yeah, 20 minutes seems like a very long time, though it is a sparsely-populated county. The deputies must be a ways away. It must have been a very tense 20 minutes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.