Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harry Seaward

Harry Seaward Active Member

LE use this technique to get people to admit things by allowing the subject to feel like what they did isn't so bad.

2. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

The LEO who wrote the report mentions that someone has reported seeing the male attack a woman. That LEO then goes off in pursuit of the van, which has been sighted.

The LEO talks with 3 people to make his determination about what happened: BL, Gabby, and another witness from the coffee cafe named Chris.

What he writes in his report is that all 3 of those stories match up, are the same, including an eyewitness account which said Gabby, not BL, was the aggressor.

SuziQ, PhoebeTries, Waddles and 4 others like this.
  3. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

actually, I believe she was the one who researched the campsites

ChiCubs2016 and girlhasnoname like this.
  4. Veronica Sawyer

Veronica Sawyer Well-Known Member

I honestly think they’re just taking the car so that there’s one less vehicle for Brian to potentially escape with should he still be lingering around the area. I doubt they’ll find anything of substance in the car itself.

5. milkshakedonkey

milkshakedonkey Well-Known Member

Did they tow the mustang and the truck?

ChiCubs2016 and Gardenkeep like this.
  6. cass523

cass523 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    Quiche and Breathe like this.
  7. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

8. heed101

heed101 Well-Known Member

It did. They said in the report all 3 stories were the same.

Mo Thuairim and PhoebeTries like this.
  9. MysteryMama

MysteryMama Well-Known Member

10. Windsorite

Windsorite Well-Known Member

And may have been a complete lie just to put him at ease, we don't know. JMO

PhoebeTries, CGVA and TotusTuus like this.
  11. Katerz

Katerz Verified Insider/Robert Wiggins

WFLA has a copy of search warrant

NWLady, hotsytotsy, Breathe and 12 others like this.
  12. Suzygreenberg

Suzygreenberg Active Member

“I have a theory about this that I think may get deleted or the people with pitchforks will come to get me, but I'm going put it out there anyway. Since everyone here thinks Brain is a possible serial killer and murderer, let me counter that with this:

Gabby herself stated she was going through some things (I am not bringing up mental health issues, these were her words), and she also seemed distraught and inconsolable in that traffic stop where it was determined that she was the aggressor in the situation.

Put yourself in Brain's shoes please for this next part: Gabby has an accident, or she harms herself (a general hypothetical) or something other than Brian causes her death. They are alone, there are no witnesses. There is now a history of an altercation at the traffic stop and he is scared. Scared something happened and scared no one will believe him when he tells the truth (remember from Brian's POV). So he leaves her out there, not a great move, drives home, tries to figure out what to do next. He tells his parents what actually happened in his mind, she fell off a high rock and passed away, whatever he would have said. They call a lawyer due to this strange situation and are told to not talk.

Brian feels guilty and is distraught about her being gone and what he did by leaving her. He feels trapped with media camping out his house. He's scared, so he leaves. That's all I have. Anyone think this is possible? Not trying to give him a pass, just a different point of view, since no one, not me, not you, knows what happened.“

Sorry, @xrazer I couldn’t capture your original post to reply, so I will try to here.

I have been thinking that what you’ve laid out would at the very least be a plausible story his parents would want to believe. What gives me pause about this being an actuality is how long this has kept going. At some point, I would think decent counsel would have created a situation where he admits the full story to police and provides evidence to help corroborate an accident.

The other thing that makes this scenario so hard to swallow is he and his family allowing Gabby’s family to anguish days and days while their child was lying in the wilderness alone. That by itself smacks of a selfishness I don’t think many people are willing to forgive, whether he killed her or not.

No matter what happened, BL has made some very poor choices.

13. Cecelia

Cecelia Well-Known Member

JB is back live on the BL's house stream with the tow truck:

ChiCubs2016 and LAhiker like this.
  14. LAhiker

LAhiker Well-Known Member

I don't have the link right now but other WS members used Google maps (or maybe Google Earth) to estimate that the van's location when passed by the Bethune family in their video was approximately 800-1000 feet from where the body was found.

IMO, that's way too far to go to the bathroom in the outdoors. (I don't know what bathroom arrangements are typically used by people in vans in dispersed camping sites but at least sometimes, it probably involves going into nearby woods.) Furthermore, the body was found across a stream bed or wash. I could be wrong but it didn't look like there was water in there; even without water the ground in the stream bed would probably be soft and treacherous. I guess someone might go over there to get away from someone else, not sure.

Some other possibilities: It may have appeared that BL killed her in one area (maybe there still was blood?) and buried her in another. Or, more prosaically, LE could have put one tent over the actual gravesite and put up another for their own use.

JMO

carbuff and ChiCubs2016 like this.
  15. SkidRogue

SkidRogue Well-Known Member

Yes, it does kind of bend a bit. It could be a dishcloth. If it is a book it has a very soft binding.

16. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

Not assault if it was in self defense. JMO

rkendmar, Quill, bellyup and 5 others like this.
  17. MysteryMama

MysteryMama Well-Known Member

They said they just got some new documents concerning the search warrant and will be going over it soon.

18. infinit

infinit Well-Known Member

I don't think he expected the body to be sound so (relatively) easily, paticularly with a gap in time before they would start looking. They've been quite fortunate with the footage of the van coming forwards, something that easily could not have happened.

LietKynes and Poedelini like this.
  19. Harry Seaward

Harry Seaward Active Member

You're making my point. Because he is well represented, it's unlikely he will be wrongful convicted.

ChiCubs2016 and Cortne like this.
  20. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

It’s very different. This is an internet discussion forum. He’s is supposed to be a professional responding to a domestic violence call.
    In which he twisted the victim and the offender.
    Notice his words never show up in the police report. I wonder why not? Could it be because he was way off base and creating a false narrative of the situation bc of his personal issues?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.