Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if it’s not three to four months, the Youtube video doesn’t seem to contain much, if any footage from the the vast majority of their journey from the east coast to way out west to Utah, Idaho and Wyoming. The other footage used in the montage seems to be from their first roadtrip when they used Gabby’s car.

I wonder if the hard drive they found in the van might have recoverable footage that BL may have deleted from the earlier ~2,500 mile portion of their trip?

MOO
I think the youtube video was her first one. She's been instagramming and tik Toking, but this was to be her introductory video to her channel. Obviously her channel is a work in progress because it looks very incomplete. I'm sure there is a large learning curve to start with and she hadn't got over it yet. That was putting a lot of stress on their relationship. Usually people build a delay into their videos, either because they don't want to advertise where they are in real time or it just takes them that long to get it edited and upload. So I think that the next video would have included more of their current trip. Sadly she never got the chance.

petito.jpg

She was left in the open with something bright neon . Makes me wonder if he hoped she would be found while he hiked Snake River. His alibi being he left her alone doing social media work. But then he realized she wasn’t discovered and he couldn’t hitchhike across America, so he drove home defeated to await his fate.

I dont believe it has been confirmed the remains are the bright neon. Some have concluded it was LE equipment. I dont know definitively, just saying.

I am really interested to know what family/friends/acquaintances Brian has in the NYC area. As others have stated, going on the run in a swamp only 30 minutes from his house doesn't make much sense. IMHO Brian seems like the type of guy who needs to be around at least something/someone familiar to keep him (somewhat) sane (i.e., bringing his beloved plants with them on the road trip) so IMO it's more probable that he is trying to go somewhere he already knows.
Agree.
I think he is long gone.

I get the Chris/Shannan vibe from Brian/Gabby only in the sense that there were no red flags from either of the men - then a few weeks of texts from both women with an I-don't-know-what-the-status-of-our-relationship-is-anymore - and then the women are found dead. But in that police bodycam video I did not pick up what many others did re: Gabby being the obvious victim and Brian being an obvious deceptive abuser. Even though he looks a lot like Chris Watts, I thought he could be just an immature 23-year-old guy, nervously smiling because he was embarrassed to have a bunch of macho police officers asking him if he wanted to press assault charges against a little 110 pound girl. It's depressing these days to try to maintain "presumed innocent" mindset and then realize the person you've been giving the benefit of the doubt to, turns out to be a wolf-in-sheep's-clothing.
I see a lot of toxic masculinity in the bodycam video.

Right before I read this, I was wondering about that-but also wondered if people who don’t live in their Florida home full-time, have some sort of camera system set up, to avoid the whole squatter issue that can sometimes happen in remote wooded cabins? Does anyone know what people typically do?

Snowbirds will often have neighbors or friends check up on the home as well as a security system in place. Also, they tend to rent the joint out AirBnB/VRBO.

I thought BL told his parents he was going on a hike.. "believed' he was at the park is interesting language in that if he is not, they really don't know where he is. Maybe it's too early for dissection and overthinking. I just thought they 'knew' he went hiking.
In the very early reports, I thought sure they said they had actually seen him go into the preserve. They also described his backpack and based on the reporter timeline the Mustang was only missing on Tuesday and was back by Wed. So I wondered if they had actually dropped him off and then made up the whole story going back and forth to the parking lot (did anyone reporters outside the house get that) and about notes on the car later (although that could certainly have been checked through park records). I can't imagine how he would have gotten into the car in the driveway and driven away and no one who was staking the place out even saw him do it. They drove him to the park (or elsewhere) and dropped him off with his backpack with the understanding that he was leaving. They gave him 4 days to get where he was going or at least a good head start. Maybe he let them know he had arrived, or maybe they realized he hadnt. Either way they didnt sound the alarm until they were either worried or sure that he'd made it. Maybe that was to protect them from accessory charges later. MOO

Are they different breeds of dogs? For example, blood hounds are usually cadaver dogs and German Shepherds are usually searching for live people?

No, not to my knowledge. It would just depend on how the dog has been trained, but I believe anything from German Shepherds and short-haired pointers to beagles, bloodhounds and labrador retrievers could be trained for either purpose.

They must really believe he’s in there, or why would they waste the massive manpower, money, and resources? @MassGuy , what do you think?
It would be a dereliction of duty to NOT search there. They're going to follow every single tip. And remember, they know things we don't... MOO
great find - did you already post to the media thread? Thanks for keeping it updated throughout this whole case -
Yes ma'am. :)

Are BL's parents acting as if he were suicidal? They seem as cool as cucumbers. They are possibly just very stoic people, but I think most parents' first reaction would be to prevent the death of their own child, even in the face of murder charges. Also, BL visited Carlton Reserve many times. Apparently, that was his go-to hiking spot. He may have happened upon a safe secluded hiding place earlier.

if he has actually been in this reserve this entire time then I am inclined to believe he is no longer alive

I tend to agree. However, I want him to be alive just so he can talk and tell the police what happened. If he's dead, we may never know anything more than what the police already know.

Oh no, he has a Darth Vader helmet and likes the Watchman comics!!!! That proves he's a murderer!

I have a cartoon drawing of myself going pew pew with an alien blaster on my wall. I have that same Watchmen comic collection in my book case. I also have a mug in the shape of Boba Fett's helmet right next to my Daenerys figurine. What does that say about me?

And, OH, the humanity of having a punching bag hanging., must mean he likes to beat women... The MSM is frivolously and feverishly trying to use these innocuous details to paint a picture of BL. It's really why many distrust what the MSM puts out, their unwavering desire to paint the narrative to their liking; editorializing instead of just reporting on the facts.

Reality is, there are many things about BL that will paint him in the right context, but using unimportant details just to make a juicy, more-sellable story isn't the way to go about it. Criminal psychologists have likely already profiled him, and that information will be used to capture him, and if important and relevant, will be presented in court.

In my opinion, attempting to push the pendulum so far in one direction, makes for a more difficult case in court, as the pool of potential jurors is possibly tainted. A conviction in the court of public opinion means nothing if a conviction in a court of law can't be achieved. Think back to Caylee Anthony. Media hounded and harped on this case, and when it was all said and done, the defense was successful in planting a seed of doubt, thus the acquittal.

I have a very logical brain and my head cannot comprehend hiding out in a swamp close to home if I truly am trying to get away and avoid being arrested. I would have to come out at some time or perish within so why would I hide here? It makes no sense.

I really would love to know what LE has to keep them coming back.

Maybe they have found something of his in the park and they aren't telling us.

If I was truly trying to get away, with a 10 day head start, I'd get as far away from Florida as I could. In fact, I'd go to a city probably and change my look, blend in. Go somewhere that really wasn't where you would think I would go. I would be north, not south.

What are we missing here?
Good point...FBI should investigate all wig purchases in North Port area between 9/1 and 9/17. For him to change his look, he may have purchased a wig or 2-pay. Speculation...

Are they different breeds of dogs? For example, blood hounds are usually cadaver dogs and German Shepherds are usually searching for live people?

"Most canines take between 18 months and two years to become fully fledged cadaver dogs. While the majority are Labrador retrievers or German shepherds, for most handlers the breed of dog is far less important than finding a dog who has a good hunt drive, strong nerves and confidence."
Cadaver dogs: attending camp with the canines trained to smell death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member