Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #35

Where do you think BL is right now?

• Mexico

Votes: 50 7.1%
  • Cuba

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • Canada

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Carlton Reserve, FL

Votes: 98 13.8%
  • Somewhere else in FL

Votes: 166 23.4%
  • New York

Votes: 24 3.4%
  • Somewhere else in the US

Votes: 306 43.2%
  • Somewhere else in the world

Votes: 32 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent idea. It would reach a larger audience and make sure people are on the lookout for BL

That, and also - despite being famous, a guy in his business has to have developed a pretty robust set of people/people-who-know-people along the way who might have connects who deal with people trying to disappear, or who spend a lot of time in spaces that might not ask a lot of questions about newcomers. And who also might not be glued to phones and tvs and keeping an eye out. If BL isn't in the reserve, that kind of network could potentially be a source of directional information.

I admit, I've not seen more than 5 minutes max of Dog's show, but I'm assuming he's at least decent at what he does to have sustained his fame for this long (in addition to showmanship).

That said, if he's going to make it a spectacle, he might not be all that effective here, except for, as you mention, like John Walsh bringing it to an even larger audience.

I have no problem believing B flew home to Florida for a week for some unknown reason.
why not?
She was safe in a nice hotel with a lot of work to do.
It's only a problem if he took her possessions, van keys or and wallet..

Just a thought and maybe someone has answered this, but is it possible he left her for that time period, but took the van and was on some random side adventure of his own?

I think what people here are drawing from his and his family's actions was if there was some third party perp that he would have filed a missing person's report or called LE rather than absconding with money from GP's bank account, which I'd think in any criminal trial for murder/manslaughter the running off with her money while not calling LE would be used against him in court. Certain things happening now - like being a wanted fugitive - can be used against him court. Also his parents refusing to speak to his parents might not be directly admissible but it's been things like that which have made this case international news and seem to have instigated LE to throw all their resources at it. The speculation here was that it was perhaps their family lawyer who said to not say anything to GP's parents and that could shouldering seems to have been what really touched things off where things just exploded after that both criminally and in the media.

I was speaking about invocation of the 5th amendment, which means statements to officers of the law (ie., police questioning or testimony), nothing else.

It doesn't apply to parents not speaking to parents and the rest.

Gabby Petito: Brian Laundrie manhunt continues days after Gabby's remains identified: LIVE UPDATES

LIVE Updates

WATCH: Dog the Bounty Hunter pounds on Laundrie door multiple times, says he's on the hunt for tips

….

WATCH: Dog the Bounty Hunter arrives at Laundrie home and knocks on front door

Dog the Bounty Hunter is joining the search for Briann Laundrie and says he "wants anyone with information on Brian Laundrie's whereabouts to call me at 833-TELLDOG" and added that "all information will be kept confidential."

Laundrie family spends National Daughter's Day ducking scrutiny as Petito's parents plan funeral
NORTH PORT, Fla. – Saturday is National Daughters Day – and the parents of New York’s Gabby Petito – who mourners around the country have called "America’s daughter" – spent it preparing for her Sunday funeral.

The parents of Brian Laundrie, who police have named as a person of interest in the activities surrounding Petito's disappearance, also have a daughter. For much of the day they were ducking scrutiny at their home in North Port, Fla., where their son arrived on Sept. 1 in Petito’s van – without her.

Laundrie's parents could be charged if they gave false information: Former detective
Former D.C. homicide detective Ted Williams reacts to the latest developments in the manhunt for Brian Laundrie.

Preparations being made for Gabby Petito's funeral Sunday on Long Island
Funeral services for Gabby Petito will be held on New York's Long Island on Sunday, according to an Instagram post from her father.

Services will be held at the Moloney Funeral Home in Holbrook and will be open to the public from 12 to 5 p.m.

"Thank to all for your support and love," he wrote, adding that in lieu of flowers the family requests people make donations to the future Gabby Petito Foundation.

Florida lawyer, a mom of two, puts $20G bounty on Brian Laundrie
NORTH PORT, Fla. – The slaying of Gabby Petito and subsequent disppearance of Brian Laundrie, a person of interest in her case, prompted a prominent Florida attorney to put a $20,000 bounty on his whereabouts.

Utah officers may not have had all information responding to Moab incident, experts say
NORTH PORT, Fla. – With the City of Moab in Utah announcing an investigation into the police handling of an Aug. 12 domestic dispute involving Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie, experts say the officers may have acted appropriately — based on incomplete information.

"It's proper if they determine that it's only a mental health situation because now officers are being trained, because people get shot, [to] handle mental health situations differently than they handle regular cases," Susanne Gustin, a Salt Lake City-based defense attorney, told Fox News Friday. "You want to de-escalate. You don't want to necessarily arrest somebody who was having a mental health episode.

"Under Utah law, police are required to either arrest the suspect or issue a citation in a domestic violence situation. They have no discretion in the matter, she said.

Florida statute may work to advantage of Brian Laundrie's parents
The circumstances surrounding Laundrie's disappearance have prompted speculation about the alleged role his parents may or may or not have played in helping their son elude authorities.

Of particular interest is how Laundrie’s parents, Christopher Laundrie, 62, and Roberta Laundrie, 55, claim they picked up their son's Mustang car on Sept. 14 from the nature preserve that authorities are now sweeping for any trace of Brian Laundrie. Some have speculated as to why they would bring the car home, without their son, leaving him in a large nature reserve full of alligators and snakes.

The parents did not report their son missing until police showed up at their home on Friday, Sept. 17, three days later.

So far, Laundrie’s parents have not been charged with any crime, and experts say that could be a tall order under Florida law.

Laundrie's parents tailed by undercover officers while driving to Orlando to visit lawyer: report
Brian Laundrie’s parents were followed by undercover law enforcement agents when they drove 150 miles north to speak with their lawyer in Orlando on Thursday, according to the Daily Mail.

The trip came a day after a federal arrest warrant was issued for Laundrie who officers have been searching for since last Saturday.

They were also followed all the way back to their home in North Port, Florida, where they ignored questions from Fox News reporters.

Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino told Fox News on Wednesday his "family is definitely concerned [about his whereabouts] but we don’t want to speculate as to anything more."

I know. Today is National Daughter Day and it just adds another layer to it all. Hug your children, your family and never miss a moment to tell people that you love them. Pay love forward to your family and friends. It's the best way to show respect for the loss of those like Gabby.

Beautifully Said. Thank you.

Apologies for the subject matter:

I’d wondered the same thing—if they’d be able to tell anything about a timeline, after that much time had passed.

Any possibility of using DNA to identify what someone ate as a last meal? I’m grasping at straws. I know decomposition destroys DNA.

Just my speculations and questions
No, your DNA would not change as a result of something you ate.

Brian Entin just said on his Twitter live broadcast that the FBI are looking into restaurants the Laundries may have gone to after GP’s disappearance and asking for camera surveillance if it’s available.

The parents and Brian?

He did not mention BL. Perhaps the FBI did not disclose that information for a reason.

Perhaps they are trying to see when BL was with them, and then when he was not - trying to fill in his timeline in North Port

Yes, I appreciate you guys bringing this up. Her sentence is weird altogether to me.

She said, "Because that's what he did when he is..."

I don't want to overanalyze her because she might have been nervous, but the use of two different tenses raised my brows. Does she mean "that was what he did when he was," "that's what he does when he is," or what?

I don't understand the statement in the context that this was something he did once -- as in August 17th to the 23rd. She sounds like she's trying to say something happened habitually. Does anyone disagree?

If that's the case, she might not be referring to an August 17th trip, but instead, a habit (which could include that 8/17 trip, btw.)
I didn’t listen to it so just going solely off the transcript, could she have been starting to say a different word? Issued.. assisted? Something that starts with in “is” sound.

‘Jealous’ Van-Life Boyfriend Is Adept at Wilderness Survival, Gabby Petito’s Pal Says

A friend of Gabby Petito says Brian Laundrie has wilderness survival skills that could help him if he hopes to evade law enforcement officials currently searching for him as they investigate the 22-year-old YouTuber’s disappearance and apparent murder.

He is out in the wilderness, I promise you,” Rose Davis told the celebrity tabloid People. “...If he’s alive, he’s out there, camping out ... He lived in the Appalachians by himself for months.”

We aren't allowed to sleuth the friend on WS but I find this friend to be entirely believable and without motive. She seems genuinely devastated on her own social media and doesn't appear to be capitalizing on GP's disappearance or trying to.

I'm not sure why people want to question finding a friend on Bumble. This is not at all uncommon for people who are new to an area and don't have friends and even those that do. Bumble has a business & community networking app, friend seeking app and a dating app.

Are people still insisting that her Bumble account means she was looking to replace Brian with someone on that site? Why can they not take everyone’s word for the fact that you can use it to find friends and not dates?

Someone asked him why he’s here and he replied “you know why”.. that’s all I heard

From what I have read, he is asking people to contact him with tips/sightings of BL. IMO tips should only be called in to local LE or the FBI. However he does draw eyes to the cases he works on and the more people who are on the lookout for BL, the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname