Zach Adams on trial -kidnapping/murder Holly Bobo 9/20-22, 2017 GUILTY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was keeping closely glued to computer all day. Then when I saw the picture of the defense team leaving the courthouse, I left to do errands and went to meet hubby at his office. After we had dinner I came home and checked computer....:panic:

I couldn't believe there was a verdict watch countdown while I was gone.

So relieved to see the GUILTY verdict. :jail:

It always seems to happen that way. I swear you could have done nothing but take a potty break, checked the mail, then prepared a snack in your kitchen and by the time you got back to your computer a verdict would have been announced. It's Murphy's Law of verdict watching.

Long time lurker here, putting off posting of fear of getting addicted - ha!

Just wanna say hi and a big thanks for all the tweets and commentary here over the trial. Been so helpful keeping up to date.

FYI hoping for a guilty verdict

Welcome Pilipala.
Glad you posted.
With such a great verdict, I dare say , you will become addicted.
like so many of us.

All trying to help these 'souls'.

Haven't been in here in forever, but I had to stop in for Holly and the Bobo family. I am so relieved that the was found Guilty on all 8 charges. Like most of you here, I have followed this case since 2011. It has been a long 6 years, but finally some justice for Holly.
21761657_10203861999548020_3586088647781275535_n.jpg

So how does it work for sentencing? Does it have to be a unanimous consensus? If it isn't, then what?

I am so thankful for this guilty verdict! My prayers remain with Holly's family!

So how does it work for sentencing? Does it have to be a unanimous consensus? If it isn't, then what?

For DP it has to be unanimous. If there's even 1 holdout then the sentence defaults to LWOP.

Bless you Beautiful.... justice is finally served. ❤

:seeya: Hello Y'all !

I was driving when the Verdict was about to be read so I had to pull over and listen ... LOL ... then real life ...

Now I am here :D

Anyway ... I am not surprised by the Verdict.

As many of you know, I am the "lone wolf" as to my opinion on this case -- which my opinion drastically changed after the State presented its case.

The jury has rendered its verdict, which is accepted, but I do not agree it with it for many reasons. I have followed this case over 6 long years, have ready every thread here at WS ... have read over 260,000+ posts / 13,000 pages over at La La Land :innocent: ... I spent hours reading MSM articles, court documents, etc.

And IMO there is definitely something missing in this case.

But unfortunately, I don't have the time now right now to go into detail -- and I know many of you are probably not interested anyway :D

Ah an idea for Harmony: Maybe we can have a post trial thread to discuss the evidence that was presented and not presented.

But I will still be here whether we agree or disagree ... y'all are stuck with me ... LOL !

Good night to all ... I don't know if I will be here in the morning for sentencing phase but I will be reading ...

:seeya:

Your wish is my command lol

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?350188-post-trial-discussion-of-evidence

When ZA said he let Shayne hit it first, I do think he meant that he let Shayne rape her first but the term is not meant specifically to rape. I see young guys post on line all the time "I'd hit that". It's crude and gross but, in those instances, they just mean they would have sex with her. Of course, young guys are often not very, um, picky, so I guess that's not exactly a ringing endorsement. Ahem.

During the trial, JN, THE prosecutor asked JA, what he meant by 'hit it'.
JA answered, 'RAPE HER'. !!

You're not the lone wolf, there are a few others of us here who feel the same way. I'm unsurprised by the verdict, too.

Ah, you made me think of Wolfscratch/Foxfire! :hug: R.I.P.

He was so very active on this case. He knows all looking down upon it now and what the truth is.

I wish he was here with us at the conclusion!

ETA: seems so many familiar faces in the last few days :seeya:

OMG I'm just learning there's a verdict! Only heard guilty on the 1st two counts so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wow. Guilty on all of the primary counts, and verdict returned after only 1-2 days.

I think they'll give him the death penalty.

IIRC, it has to be anonymous for the DP. If not, it goes to LWOP.

Wow. Guilty on all of the primary counts, and verdict returned after only 1-2 days.

I think they'll give him the death penalty.

SMH... my thoughts go back that Caylee was cheated

:crying:

"In 2004, Adams' stepfather and mother, JK II and CLK, filed their petition saying Zachary Adams was a danger to them and their two other children, John Dylan Adams, then 15, and JCK, then 18.

Zachary Adams pleaded guilty to aggravated assault in the Feb. 7, 2004, incident.

He was sentenced to 11 months and 29 days in jail, which was suspended except for six months, and Judge C. Creed McGinley of 24th Circuit Court in Benton and Decatur counties allowed him to serve that time in rehab about 50 miles away at the Jackson Area Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependency." https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/03/06/holly-bobo-student-death-tn/6136361/

ETA from same article: • On Nov. 4, 2009, McGinley ordered Adams sentenced to three years in state prison. The judgment order said Adams was convicted on July 13, 2009, for simple possession of Schedule VI drugs in Franklin County.

I find this interesting. Same judge. He knows Zach from when he shot his mother.

ETA: If he had served the three years he was sentenced to on Nov. 4, 2009, he would have been incarcerated on April 13, 2011.

"In 2004, Adams' stepfather and mother, JK II and CLK, filed their petition saying Zachary Adams was a danger to them and their two other children, John Dylan Adams, then 15, and JCK, then 18.

Zachary Adams pleaded guilty to aggravated assault in the Feb. 7, 2004, incident.

He was sentenced to 11 months and 29 days in jail, which was suspended except for six months, and Judge C. Creed McGinley of 24th Circuit Court in Benton and Decatur counties allowed him to serve that time in rehab about 50 miles away at the Jackson Area Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependency." https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/03/06/holly-bobo-student-death-tn/6136361/

ETA from same article: • On Nov. 4, 2009, McGinley ordered Adams sentenced to three years in state prison. The judgment order said Adams was convicted on July 13, 2009, for simple possession of Schedule VI drugs in Franklin County.

I find this interesting. Same judge. He knows Zach from when he shot his mother.

ETA: If he had served the three years he was sentenced to on Nov. 4, 2009, he would have been incarcerated on April 13, 2011.

Kaen. Thank you. Great. Same Judge, in 2009.
You would think defense would request a change of Judge.

Now, we will learn about ZA's past.

This is what I mean about our system. He should not have been on the streets. Sometimes (all of the time) I wonder why they even bother with saying X years and then reduce it to community service. Why have that much leeway?

Kaen. Thank you. Great. Same Judge, in 2009.
You would think defense would request a change of Judge.

Now, we will learn about ZA's past.

They did. They asked the judge to recuse himself. It was denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa